The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build help. Your opinion is wanted!

MissingChromasomes

Question

Ok so I write this guide called "We The Best Builds" which mostly targets endgame material on steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=611871681

A person comes on with the following argument(with my responses): http://imgur.com/a/GG5L5

Image 3 is of my general nekros build that does CC as well as desecreting. Image 4 is of his frost build.

I am perplexed as to whether he has any legitimate reasoning behind the points hes making about my builds(or is he just trolling?). Please let me know what you think.

4 answers to this question

The first build is sorta sound BUT you can't afford Stretch.

There are a couple of ways that build works, but all of them have a couple of points you cannot pass up on:

• Despoil
  • Shield of Shadows
  • Equilibrium
  • Primed Flow
  • Vitality

Then you have the power altering part. Generally speaking, you can either go for a full Shadow build (i did that before 18.5) and complete with Blind Rage maxed, Intensify maxed and Primed COntinuity, using Cunning Drift in the Exilus to get some more mileage out of Desecrate.

You can do a hybrid that gets to 84% damage redirection using Blind Rage maxed, Stretch, Primed Continuity and Power drift in the Exilus slot.

You can also go for an entirely different scope of build doing what i will do now probably (need to test about taking out Vitality) since the introduction of Health Conversion:

• Swap out Vitality
  • Slot in Power Drift in the Exilus
  • Slot Blind Rage, Stretch, Primed Continuity and Health Conversion in the free slots

Gets you to 214% PS, 145% PR, 155% PD, with almost perpetual 1415 armour giving you 84% DR on shields and almost 99% DR on health. The problem with this build is that you have a bit less leeway for Despoil eating your life pool (being 300 instead of 740), that said you can Always get rid of Stretch and get a Vitality in there.

The second build instead, i don't entirely get its purpose.

That said, the bashing that other guy did is in no way justified, even moreso because he doesn't understand about Despoil+Equilibrium combo, about Frost's CC potential etc. Troll is my bet, or just a really frustrated person.

That's the problem.

That simple fact will lead you to a horrible death once the enemies' level starts to scale upwards. I tried it extensively, basically every combo that isn't one of the ones above has huge problems surviving...

I just need those 100k Simaris rep now to see if i can fit the Health Conversion into the build in a way that works and go around with Avenger+Guardian spewing death as an immortal tank-summoner of death :P

I've seen your builds before and stated that they were good. My nekros is somewhat similar to yours, also 2 syndicate mods, but i don't have that much of formas in him so I cannot emulate so high STR /DUR values. 

As for EFF, it's important that you can cast your ult and occasionally 2 when necessary. I also don't have enough energy to cast one after the other (2+4), would be nice but sacrifices had to be made.

Guy is a rude .... person. But he is right in one fact thou - nekros absolutely needs natural talent. You will have to sacrifice some STR/DUR to squeeze that in.

I didn't read all but your frost argument - there are many builds of frost, my basic defender has just stretch, no chilling globe mod or any other syndicate mod as well. Imo it's not needed. As for range, there are awesome (and underused) frost builds that utilize maximum range, good EFF and DUR, but negative STR +chilling globe. Awesome in infested defenses, survivals and sorties. You block vast areas and control map with ease, freezing everything with your ult. So it depends on build.