The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery 8 stuck

Scarletmenace

Question

I have been stuck on the mastery 8 test for about a week now with no luck whatsoever. 

I also can't find any guides on this because they are all pre nerf where you could still use your powers. Anyway, there are 3 flat platforms in the beginning that are easy to cross, but after that there is an elevated platform that is out of reach from my bullet jump and double jump, it is just to high! 

6 answers to this question

May wanna start getting parkour mods like:

Mobilize

Elemental parkour mods (firewalker, toxic flight, etc.)

May wanna use frames like:

Zephyr (higher jumps)

Mirage (better bullet jumps, not too sure)

No, patagium is useless IMO. Yes, try for endurance drift as well (more parkour velocity).

Edited by p3z1
Added some more info.

This test has changed so the old videos don't really help. You also can't use warframe abilities during it anymore.

Anyway, luckily it's changed to be easier.

Just go to the relay and practice it a few times before doing your test. You don't need any parkour mods or any special frames.

Things that I would point out are:

- whenever your bullet jump is looking to be just a little bit short, glide when you stop gaining height (HOLD down right click on pc), don't do another jump cos you'll probably fly over the platform you're trying to hit

- shoot any red orbs when you're stood still on a platform, there is no need to rush, no time limit

- you can bullet jump and then run up a wall

- you can jump again in the air after a bullet jump

The test goes something like... bullet jump (with maybe a glide now and then if you got the angle wrong) to the first 3 platforms, bullet jump up to the middle platform, shoot the orb to make the wall appear, bullet jump then hold your jump key to run up the wall and to the next platform. Bullet jump to the lower platform, press and hold glide about halfway through, when you're at the highest point of your jump. Now the final jump is fairly high, just make sure you aim a bit above the edge of the platform, not straight at it. Then bullet jump, pause, jump as you're getting close to the platform and Bob's your uncle.

The main thing, IMO, is... relax, don't spam jump cos it will trigger your second jump instantly and actually make your jump a lot shorter. Just press jump (or bullet jump) once, wait for it, then press it once again.

Edited by _Lagility_

Also, stuck. 

It seems that the more I practice, the less I can get through the course. 

This is a big load of.. you know what. At this point I'm considering just giving access to my PC to my boyfriend so I can progress without this test which has no relation to what I actually have to do in the game. 

EDIT: screw the system, this way it actually works

Edited by Princess_Loona

It might help to not use (if you are using them)  Nezha, Maglev, Cunning Drift... they all reduce your ability to not slide off a platform.

I retried this test just now, the wall you describe can be scaled by kicking up it (hold forward + jump)