The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Scope/Maiming Strike

Malthariel

Question

How are the crit bonuses from argon scope and Maiming Strike calculated? People have claimed to have said that argon scope is additive, but it definately doesn't seem so, other wise, my Rakta Cernose would have just over 200% crit chance, which would be a red crit every single shot.

5 answers to this question

Crit chance is:

(weapon crit) * (1+crit bonus) when people say that argon scope is additive, they mean that it adds into the crit bonus.

For Rakta Cernos with a procced argon scope this means:

35 * (1+1.35) = 82.25% crit chance

For Racta Cernos with a procced argon scope and point strike it is:

35 * (1+1.50+1.35) = 134.75% crit chance, making it 34.75% red crit.

By additive, they mean that it adds on to the bonus calculation, instead of multiplying it.  Maiming strike is a flat bonus, meaning that it isn't affected by anything else, which some people call additive, but doesn't describe how it works in the system.  If it were multiplicative, then crit would look like this:

RC(PS) = 35*1.5= 52%                      RC(PS+AS) = 35*1.5*1.35 = 70.875

or, RC(PS) = 35*2.5= 87.5%                      RC(PS+AS) = 35*2.5*2.35 = 205.625

A fang with True Steel and Maiming Strike doing a slide attack (to trigger maiming strike) looks like this:

5 * (1+0.60) +90 = 98%

The term flat adjustment describes an increase unaffected by variables, like if you were making a bar graph, and you put a flat book underneath all of the bars, which raised them by the same value across the board.

But if Argon scope is multiplicative, shouldn't my Rakta Cernos always red crit, hitting 205.625 % to crit? With point strike installed, Rakta Cernos has 87.5% to crit. Argon Scope gives 135% bonus crit chance. So, it would be 87.5% + 87.5% x 1.35 = 205.625%.  The way I understood it was that any crit chance beyond 100% means that is the amount that the weapon is likely to red crit, in this case 105.625%, meaning every shot should be a red crit. However, this is clearly not the case from play testing. Please help.

But if Argon scope is multiplicative, shouldn't my Rakta Cernos always red crit, hitting 205.625 % to crit? With point strike installed, Rakta Cernos has 87.5% to crit. Argon Scope gives 135% bonus crit chance. So, it would be 87.5% + 87.5% x 1.35 = 205.625%.  The way I understood it was that any crit chance beyond 100% means that is the amount that the weapon is likely to red crit, in this case 105.625%, meaning every shot should be a red crit. However, this is clearly not the case from play testing. Please help.

15 minutes ago, Malthariel said:

Uuuh... That's now how it works.

Rakta cernos has 35% crit, argon scope doesn't take the full crit (after modding) but the base crit.

If you equip argon scope & point strike you get : 35 * (1 + 1.35 + 1.50) = 134.75 % crit chance.