Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Conclave/PVP only) Could Dragon Nikana please get a small-medium buff?

CaterHowlett16

Okay let me first say that I'm normally opposed to buffs/nerfs. I think that it causes WAY to many flame wars on the forums, but this weapon I feel, is very special to warframe. It was respected and showed a vet from a newbie. It has great sentimental value to me and I doubt I'm the only one who dislikes it to be treated like trash.

In PVE, Dragon nikana was (and still is) badass. It was at one time considered to be one of the best melee weapons in the game. Even with the arrival of Nikana prime, It is a formidable weapon. One would  expect it to be similar in PVP.

nope.

If you ever were stupid enough to use DN in conclave, (It's okay to admit it. I'm one of you.) You now that DN is a joke. Most good melee has a certain niche like high attack speed or high damage per hit. DN has an amazing neither. It is slower than broken war/dakra prime and the last time I checked The damage it gave was what?.....32 per hit? I remember going into a 1-on-1 "melee battle" with some other guy who had a knife. I got in not one, not two, but three hits at his back before he started attacking. I had a sword, and he had a knife......and you won't believe who won......

I'm not saying beef it up to some outrageous OP damage, just enough to be in competition with weapons like broken war. Just enough to give it some respect.

Well here comes the fun part........Feedback? Insults? Long incomprehensible text-walls trying to rationalize why I'm an idiot and that this is a stupid idea? 

Edited by CaterHowlett16

3 minutes ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

Technically if you are going off of 32 damage per hit and he has a dagger, he will whoop your &#! since the attacks are faster

Bingo! I would have a better chance if either A: I could attack faster. or B: I had more damage per hit. 

Do you know how embarrassing it is to lose to a guy with a glorified razor? With a nikana?! 

Edited by CaterHowlett16

It's not only Dragon Nikana, is pretty much every single stanced melee and the whole Sword Alone combat that is too weak. Stanceless melee are in some cases (Sword, Dagger, Sparring, etc) better than if you had a stance and mastered the combos, or even quick-fkin-melee!

6 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

It's not only Dragon Nikana, is pretty much every single stanced melee and the whole Sword Alone combat that is too weak. Stanceless melee are in some cases (Sword, Dagger, Sparring, etc) better than if you had a stance and mastered the combos, or even quick-fkin-melee!

I have some speed and aim mods, but that's about it.

Just now, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

Dragon Nikana is pretty godlike. With blind justice you can pull off relatively easy E spam combos to get kills in less than a second. I think its fine where it is at now.

Not in PVP it isn't. PVE It is awesome, but PVP..... 

35 minutes ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

Bingo! I would have a better chance if either A: I could attack faster. or B: I had more damage per hit. 

Do you know how embarrassing it is to lose to a guy with a glorified razor? With a nikana?! 

I find this funny. It's like whining the dagger build killed you in Darksouls. It's PvP. Keep the strengths of different weapons in mind and act accordingly.

Running at someone you know out-dps's you and dying is your fault. The Dagger's flaw is Range, abuse it.

12 minutes ago, corporatePaladin said:

I find this funny. It's like whining the dagger build killed you in Darksouls. It's PvP. Keep the strengths of different weapons in mind and act accordingly.

Running at someone you know out-dps's you and dying is your fault. The Dagger's flaw is Range, abuse it.

ALL MELEE'S flaws are range(cept maybe whips). This does not solve the problem. The problem is that the DPS for DN is too low. If I manage to hit you 3+ times in the back, and keep hitting you while you turn around, with a sword, you should NOT be able to turn around and kill me, you should be dead.

Edited by CaterHowlett16

1 hour ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

Dragon Nikana is pretty godlike. With blind justice you can pull off relatively easy E spam combos to get kills in less than a second. I think its fine where it is at now.

No, it's not. Go try it for ONCE and see if you can score the same as you would with a Braton, Gorgon, Soma or pretty much any gun.

1 hour ago, -Ksaero- said:

It is still powerful if you use Blind Justice stance. The other stances are trash though.

Guiding Light deals the SAME damage as the basic combo, are you kidding right? The only advantage of Blind Justice is the gap closer, but that's about it. DE overnerfed like some people (and by that I mean "me") predicted.

16 minutes ago, Cary2010haha said:

PVP is S#&$ to melees now :P

no fun to take 150 rounds of LMG for landing a melee hit

150 LMG rounds? only if you are Vex armor Chroma at the time you take the bullets, otherwise LMGs kill in 10 rounds or less.

43 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

No, it's not. Go try it for ONCE and see if you can score the same as you would with a Braton, Gorgon, Soma or pretty much any gun.

Guiding Light deals the SAME damage as the basic combo, are you kidding right? The only advantage of Blind Justice is the gap closer, but that's about it. DE overnerfed like some people (and by that I mean "me") predicted.

150 LMG rounds? only if you are Vex armor Chroma at the time you take the bullets, otherwise LMGs kill in 10 rounds or less.

I'm not arguing about melee being nerfed to the ground, but comparing to other melee weps it's pretty much powerful. Guiding Light is not the only combo.

5 minutes ago, -Ksaero- said:

I'm not arguing about melee being nerfed to the ground, but comparing to other melee weps it's pretty much powerful. Guiding Light is not the only combo.

All three combos were viable actually, until DE nerfed all melee weapons for no explicable reason, then removed the multipliers that made many stances good and implemented a 2x multiplier on pause combos (making GL the ONLY viable combo, since Destined path and Heeding call dealt the same damage as the basic combo) and then removed the multiplier from GL. Hell, Heeding Call lost it's knockdown (or the AoE got reduced to a few atoms at the tip of the blade). The only thing Blind Justice has now over the rest of melee is just the gap closer Guiding Light. And we know almost all melee are hilariously underpowered (with the exception of Glaives that can oneshot, probably because those are RANGED weapons and not fully melee)

3 hours ago, Cary2010haha said:

ya~ I know, which means melee is no part in PVP XDD

...... And you don't see a problem with that? You're actually happy with people bullet jumping off the walls, spamming LMG's then calling that skill?

You're okay with that? because I'm not. 

3 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

On consoles, its a wee bit different. You guys are on the update where it got nerfed. We still have it pretty good. I meant godlike in comparison to other melees. Like the bo family for instance. I mainly use the d nikana as my melee in conclave. It outperforms most of the others with guiding light. Which is still easy to avoid if you bullet jump. I use it every match, except if Im using the jat kittag. When I said it is fine where it is now, I was referring to the console update.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

On consoles, its a wee bit different. You guys are on the update where it got nerfed. We still have it pretty good. I meant godlike in comparison to other melees. Like the bo family for instance. I mainly use the d nikana as my melee in conclave. It outperforms most of the others with guiding light. Which is still easy to avoid if you bullet jump. I use it every match, except if Im using the jat kittag. When I said it is fine where it is now, I was referring to the console update.

I apologize. It's been hard times for Sword Alone players here on PC lately. Hopefully DE will sort this out soon.