Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea for the celestia syandana requirements

iquaniqua

So it's been suggested that it would be available early on and have more tails with higher ranks, but people didn't want it because it could be grinded and after that you could quit pvp forever, while i agree that you should need to do pvp for the pvp syandana to look it's best i still think having to do the challenges every day is a bit harsh. I like to play both pvp and pve, but if i complete all the pvp challenges i just spent half the time i had to play.

My suggestion is, that you have to do 8 dailies to get all 8 tails, but it does not reset the next day, it would lose 2 tails each day after you went 2 days without completing challenges and lose 4 tails each day after after 2 days of not playing pvp at all.

Well, it doesn't even have 8 tails, they'd have to remodel it. Even then, it would be uneven and...ugh. It only takes 4 dailies as is, that's 30 minutes, maybe a little more. Plus it doesn't seem to actually reset all the way. I'm not sure how, but I've had it not even drop one section after the daily reset. I think it has some form of overcharge to It.

Celestia has 4 stages of activation. It also tracks Weekly Mission completion so once you have completed all three Weekly missions you will start each day at Stage 3, requiring only one additional Daily Challenge to complete until the week is reset.

There's two kinds of people who play pvp: Those who are in it for the challenge/enjoyment and those who are in it for the rewards. Some who start out as the latter might end up liking it enough to play for fun regularly. By creating rewards solely for those who play pvp constantly most "I'll give it a shot for those awesome rewards" -people won't even bother. At the same time the hardcore pvp'ers want to show their dedication, which is what the syandana now accomplishes just fine. My suggestion would be to meet the "rewards" crowd halfway: have the beams of light be always on but grow in length/glow with the challenges. That way both camps are happy, more people play conclave and good times are had. Just my 2 cents, take it as you will.

I play mostly for fun and i'm not that big on challenges since i only enjoy 2 of the 3 modes and the "get a kill with 2 of this this and this x times in a match" ones force me to a certain playstyle, so that's why doing 4 challenges per day, but @joebuck now explained to me that weekly charges last a week, so i guess it seems like it's ok now since i only have to do 1 challenge per day and there is normally at least one "play one match" or "get one kill", so i can just play a bit for fun and then go pve

my idea is: instead of being purchased it would be a gift from teshin at the end of the week, it would have a number of beams depending on how many weekly challenges you completed, the more you do the more the syadana is complete, after one week(on the weekly reset) you lose it entirely, not just the beams but the syandana itself unless you have made the challenges again in that week. this way you can easily have it permanently complete without having to play every day as long as you complete the week challenges, and non-pvp players wont be coming to get it cuz it would require them to play conclave 4ever if they want to keep it.

Edited by JeyciKon

47 minutes ago, JeyciKon said:

my idea is: instead of being purchased it would be a gift from teshin at the end of the week, it would have a number of beams depending on how many weekly challenges you completed, the more you do the more the syadana is complete, after one week(on the weekly reset) you lose it entirely, not just the beams but the syandana itself unless you have made the challenges again in that week. this way you can easily have it permanently complete without having to play every day as long as you complete the week challenges, and non-pvp players wont be coming to get it cuz it would require them to play conclave 4ever if they want to keep it.

it getting removed would be a bad idea, i wouldn't want to re-arcane a syandana every week

3 hours ago, bernad2218 said:

just make it wins

Then you'll get even more people spamming spray and pray meta weapons, like prisma gorgon, just trying to net the most kills. I think we have enough of those already. Plus, more toxicity.

--

Most people agree that some of the challenges are just annoying, like "get 4 slide kills in a match." So me, a squishy Loki, trying to slide kill into auto users' firefights? Nah...

Void painter, if one prefers frames that have utility-based abilities and not killing abilities, is another 'meh' one. And finally, any of those silly CtC challenges.

Another point I'd like to bring up: I know that the syandana tracks weekly mission completion, but I haven't finished all three of those even once. Most of my Warframe time is spent on PVP and I love it. However, the amount of Warframe time I have can change a lot depending on my workload - and usually, it's not much to begin with. I might play a lot one day, but if I'm busy, not at all. I'm just average, so I can't do 4 challenges in 30 minutes like Phase can. At this point, I only bother completing a few of the easier ones, then ignore the rest and have fun.

I'd like to think number of games is a better ongoing requirement. Have the tails faintly lit by default, but make it look more awesome the more you play. Regular PVP players should have no problem completing that. Conclave-hating PVE players would eventually not bother with the time sink, but I think it's enough for the people who've never tried it before to say "Hm, maybe I'll give it a shot..."