The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Cernos or Dread?

FlippinBox

Question

13 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, sniperbro-captian-PS said:

Lanka does , and it is a sniper. Not a bow.

That's why he said "bow". Bows and sniper work in a similar manner, low rate of fire with high dmg.

On topic, Muta Cernos is quite weak. aside from the clouds that do almost no dmg, the dmg of the bow falls of quite fast as well, since you can't build it for crit like other bows. Only place i see it being somewhat useful is with a Spore build Saryn. And even here it's just ok, nothing great or really worth any forma. I still forma'd it. I have faith in DE buffing it!

Edited by Kalec

For bows, Dread or Rakta Cernos, since you probably have access to Dread first, that, plus also the R.Cernos has that annoying aoe that messes up stealth.  R.Cernos definitely does have its advantages.

As for the Mutalist Cernos, however, it's more comparable to the torid, with less damage, smaller aoe, but quicker shots and more procs per second, but to get good use out of it, you're going to have to put a few forma into it, and even then it'll be kinda unimpressive.

Edited by Arkinvas

On 10.3.2016 at 6:54 PM, sniperbro-captian-PS said:

Lol, no....  a bow doesn't have a ridiculous low fire-rate(rakta cernos) Bow don't have the same aim as a sniper. Snipers have long reloads bows dont. 

The difference between a bow and a sniper is more than you can see....

Did i say ridiculous? No i did not. I said slow and they have have a slow fire rate. Of course they work different than sniper in many way. That's why ones are snipers and the others are bows. But for a simple dps point of view, they are similar enough in some ways.

Limbo isn't a weapon btw bro and I'm thinking of getting the Mutalist Cernos should I get it?Cuz I just got killed by stalker so I have to get remarked by him if I want to get the Dread but are there better primary and secondary weapons u guys can recommend me?

5 hours ago, iEIectrical said:

Limbo isn't a weapon btw bro and I'm thinking of getting the Mutalist Cernos should I get it?Cuz I just got killed by stalker so I have to get remarked by him if I want to get the Dread but are there better primary and secondary weapons u guys can recommend me?

For normal stalker I recommend any halfway decent melee weapon and a maxed vitality or redirection on your frame (optional), for shadow stalker I recommend any weapon with either insane damage per shot or high firerate and crit damage, those seem to work best at killing him even if he adapts to your damage.

On the actual topic: get cernos, level it, make mutalist cernos, level it, throw it away, get dread, put 4 forma on it (3V's and a dash I believe) and call it a day.

For the whole lanka debate: it's a bow disguised as a sniper using a magazine and sniper zoom. And a straight upgrade to mutalist cernos too.

25 minutes ago, Kalec said:

That's why he said "bow". Bows and sniper work in a similar manner, low rate of fire with high dmg.

Lol, no....  a bow doesn't have a ridiculous low fire-rate(rakta cernos) Bow don't have the same aim as a sniper. Snipers have long reloads bows dont. 

The difference between a bow and a sniper is more than you can see....