The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only person who want a Frame like Guts from the anime "Berserk".

1 minute ago, EmptyDevil said:

Rhino and Guts do not have the same frame. Atlas would be closer if his neck wasn't so buff.

You have to be kidding.  Guts was a huge person who carried around a huge sword and was able to take a beating.  That is Rhino with a huge weapon.  Exact same.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan said:

No he's not he don't have a cannon or a berserk power like Valkyr i think they got her powerpassive from his armer when he actives it.

You neglect that for a long time Guts didn't have the hand cannon, either.  Rhino has Roar, which is a much more Guts like skill than anything else in the game right now.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

You neglect that for a long time Guts didn't have the hand cannon, either.  Rhino has Roar, which is a much more Guts like skill than anything else in the game right now.

Well, that's debatable. For a majority of Gut's life he did have a hand, however a majority of the story that is told, he does have a cannon and is a defining feature of him now. The missing eye and hand are apart of his character just as the huge sword.

4 minutes ago, carnaga said:

Anyways, I think Clare would kick the hell out of Guts in her true form :)

BSMxqrY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BSMxqrY.jpg

Alright, I have to watch Claymore, but have you watched Berserk? You can't take Guts lightly, he has killed actual gods, and not even when he is at his peak strength.

Edited by CadenFall

1 minute ago, CadenFall said:

Well, that's debatable. For a majority of Gut's life he did have a hand, however a majority of the story that is told, he does have a cannon and is a defining feature of him now. The missing eye and hand are apart of his character just as the huge sword.

It depends entirely on which story you follow for it.  The anime, which is the most likely thing people will have viewed, depicted him as having the cannon for only a couple of scenes.  The things I mentioned are simply part of the character regardless of the adaptation.  The missing eye and the hand aren't parts of the character for anyone who doesn't follow the Manga.

That said, my comment remains.  The defining characteristics of Guts were his ability to take a beating, the huge sword, the scar on his nose, his attitude, and his anger.  Rhino fits the bill on all those fronts, except the nose scar, when equipped with a heavy blade .

Just now, CadenFall said:

Alright, I have to watch Claymore, but have you watched Berserk? You can't take Guts lightly, he has killed actual gods, and not even when he is at his peak strength.

I've been reading the manga a-bit - not that much and far thought. So I must apologize that I don't know him that well. No idea about the chronological order of the story from where I started but I got to that part where he severs his arm off to get free from the demon. Tough guy - have to admit.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

You have to be kidding.  Guts was a huge person who carried around a huge sword and was able to take a beating.  That is Rhino with a huge weapon.  Exact same.

Do not neglect a keyword in my statement when replying. I said:

"Rhino and Guts do not have the same frame."

This means that they are different in terms of their build/body. Atlas is closer because Guts isn't stocky like Rhino. Guts is tall, very muscular, and not stocky like Atlas.

So it is not the exact same.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

It depends entirely on which story you follow for it.  The anime, which is the most likely thing people will have viewed, depicted him as having the cannon for only a couple of scenes.  The things I mentioned are simply part of the character regardless of the adaptation.  The missing eye and the hand aren't parts of the character for anyone who doesn't follow the Manga.

That said, my comment remains.  The defining characteristics of Guts were his ability to take a beating, the huge sword, the scar on his nose, his attitude, and his anger.  Rhino fits the bill on all those fronts, except the nose scar, when equipped with a heavy blade .

Alright, you got a point there.

7 minutes ago, carnaga said:

I've been reading the manga a-bit - not that much and far thought. So I must apologize that I don't know him that well. No idea about the chronological order of the story from where I started but I got to that part where he severs his arm off to get free from the demon. Tough guy - have to admit.

Oh yeah, that's still the Prologue. He has massive amounts of character development and gains tremendous power. I don't want to spoil too much, but he even gets fast enough to start dodging lightning strikes. Now before I go to far off topic. God I really do hope DE puts in a werewolf frame.

th?id=OIP.Mba29ba95fda637ce9f39d926db135

Edited by CadenFall
remove extra pic

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

Do not neglect a keyword in my statement when replying. I said:

"Rhino and Guts do not have the same frame."

This means that they are different in terms of their build/body. Atlas is closer because Guts isn't stocky like Rhino. Guts is tall, very muscular, and not stocky like Atlas.

So it is not the exact same.

Except they aren't different in terms of their build.  Guts was a big guy, much bigger than most of the other characters in that anime.  Rhino is big in exactly the same way.

Guts then Rhino comparison pics :

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150318145822

Spoiler

latest?cb=20141124023312

Same body type.

1 minute ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Except they aren't different in terms of their build.  Guts was a big guy, much bigger than most of the other characters in that anime.  Rhino is big in exactly the same way.

Guts then Rhino comparison pics :

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20150318145822

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20141124023312

Same body type.

No, they are different from each other. Them being bigger than most other characters, isn't an argument for them having the same exact build(Atlas is bigger than Rhino anyway). 

Guts and Atlas:

Spoiler

Ignore the small character in this image - the focus is Guts having a tall, very muscular, but also slender build.

berserk_236_03.jpg

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151002032553

The only difference in them is the massive neck and shoulder muscles of Atlas.

28 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

latest?cb=20151002032553

The only difference in them is the massive neck and shoulder muscles of Atlas.

You picked a specific image where Guts looks thinner than he normally does.  In most of the drawings, he has a pretty square form rather than the super slim middle in the pic you posted.

Other pics of Guts from manga :

Spoiler

7UdJD.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

latest?cb=20140416193754

In the vast majority of drawings of Guts, his middle isn't as slim as the one in the pic you posted.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

You picked a specific image where Guts looks thinner than he normally does.  In most of the drawings, he has a pretty square form rather than the super slim middle in the pic you posted.

Other pics of Guts from manga :

Hide contents

7UdJD.jpg

Hide contents
  Hide contents

latest?cb=20140416193754

In the vast majority of drawings of Guts, his middle isn't as slim as the one in the pic you posted.

I actually grabbed a random picture. Your second picture reinforces my statement and the first one is at an angle that makes him look wider. 

Feel free to hold onto your opinion, i am not interested in debating his build further, even though we could pull numerous pictures depicting his build.

Yeah Berserk jumps back and forth through time, especially if you just watch the various anime incarnations that tend to pick just one or two arcs.

1 hour ago, carnaga said:

Thought to be honest, I would take Clare over Guts.

xjWDN08.jpg

A frame based on detection, avoidance, and counters?  That's something that could be neat to see.  Some fighting-game-style moves where you get in a counter position and then deflect the next attack in that timeframe could be cool to use, for example.