The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

one excal (medium rare) plating up

dodorichard

Question

Went in with a pretty tough group to do thousand cuts, I am Rank 6 but one guy on the team was rank 17 and had broken war.

Level 2 and 3 were pretty good and we seem to be hold out well despite some on the team being constantly killed and having to be revived. Then we did level 4....

Felt like being in the middle of a Maximum Security Prison shower on free-for-all night....used all my revives and even the other guy had to save him 3 times. Just as we were able to leave I went and got killed and seems as if the other guy did too.

Well....got the bloody "Mission Fail". Damn, I have no way to use any of my abilities, even my 1, thinking of changing to my Rhino and try to use efficiency to get to use at least armor. Any suggestions?

12 answers to this question

It's true that if a player doesn't have some essential mods that level 4 can be difficult.  I ran the event with Excalibur last night too.   What I have on my build is max vitality, rage, steel fiber, fleeting experience, primed continuity and a few other mods.  Most importantly I had a melee weapon with a life strike mod (preferably not maxed as maxed would drain your energy too much.)

So basically I would attack enemies, then if I run out of energy let them attack me to trigger rage, then immediately Radial Blind, then Channel and do damage with melee to activate life strike to restore health.  Of course it's important to keep moving as we can only take a certain amount of damage before getting downed.

My Excalibur also has Rejuvination equipped as an aura because every bit of health helps.

I'm not a pro-player and there should be better builds out there, but this is what I used for the event.

Good luck to you.  You have a few more days.  Keep at it.  :)

EDIT: I wrote erroneously that a max life strike would drain "health" too quickly, and meant to say it would drain "energy" too quickly.  Sorry!  =)

Edited by sushidubya

OP's description of prison shower is quite accurate to what I found there :) I'm still new to the game (MR7) and definitely not a good one but I managed to solo it on Valkyr with max efficiency Hysteria build. I you manage to kill everything relatively fast and have some luck with energy drops you can keep Hysteria up almost all the time.

The downside is that due to unusually high Manic spawn rate I was dead pretty much the second Hysteria went off. But finally I managed to do it with a bonus of all Ash blueprints ;)

21 minutes ago, jopos15 said:

inaros inaros inaros inaros

He said he was MR6, right? Most MR6s I know can't afford an Inaros yet :P Or is your advice for the OP to buy the frame for plat?

15 minutes ago, DogShapedDog said:

Not sure how I could do this without Life Strike. Or Inaros.

You can manage without them :3

I think trying a Rhino with efficiency is a good idea. Get a good squad and if you can't kill then just try to hang on. 10 mins survival is easy to endure.

33 minutes ago, Raniu said:

He said he was MR6, right? Most MR6s I know can't afford an Inaros yet :P Or is your advice for the OP to buy the frame for plat?

I think trying a Rhino with efficiency is a good idea. Get a good squad and if you can't kill then just try to hang on. 10 mins survival is easy to endure.

look at this http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Inaros and in the quest http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sands_of_Inaros

and also this says in the quest one that the quest is available at MR5 so he can get it and also the quest is easy if you have a friend.

Just now, Raniu said:

Never said it's impossible for MR6. Just you gotta spend 200 ducats on the thing.

I know some MR6 players and they'd rather focus on things different than putting their hands on latest frame asap :P

so in other words your saying you know all MR6 players

sorry but each player is different and maybe they want inaros

Personally, I took my EV Prime and a crit build War.

Full efficiency, so I can use everything.  The overshields were invaluable to my team.

Meanwhile, Tempo Royale + Berserker blender obliterated everything that made it past the Slova - DPS Oberon - Armor Frost combo.

32 minutes ago, Raniu said:

inaros is pretty easy to get

hey dodorichard if you need help with getting the materials i can help you for inaros

Edited by jopos15

1 hour ago, jopos15 said:

look at this http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Inaros and in the quest http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sands_of_Inaros

and also this says in the quest one that the quest is available at MR5 so he can get it and also the quest is easy if you have a friend.

Never said it's impossible for MR6. Just you gotta spend 200 ducats on the thing.

I know some MR6 players and they'd rather focus on things different than putting their hands on latest frame asap :P