The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballas art by Evergreenmind (Now w/ Margulis)

evergreenmind

6 hours ago, MartianJellyfish said:

I sincerely hope not. Judging from the descriptions we got so far, the Orokin were extremely obsessed with aesthetics and whatnots, so I imagine them as very beautiful, 'flawless'-looking people. (They also loved symmetry, but I don't, so I think your asymmetrical design for Ballas' outfit is great.) 'Skinny, pale, with a bad posture' is more of a Corpus thing to me.

'Ballas', not 'Dallas'. Goshdarn brain.

I figured the symmetry mean facial symmetry or something similar. Never really thought of it as a fashion style.

It does seem more of a Corpus-thing, but since DE hasn't really given us decent-looking men (while all current ladies are very pretty imo) , i imagine they're gonna go with the old raisin-look. IF they'll ever even show him, which i doubt they will.  Or i hope they won't.

Also Margulis referred to Ballas as "wilted" once, and it's hard to say did she meant that by age and appearance or was it about his spirit ...

14 hours ago, evergreenmind said:

Apparently we're all 12 yea olds here ...

Lotus is a bit provoking for a powerful, millenia old resistance leader tho.

I'm actually pretty sure Ballas doesn't look anything like this. Knowing DE, they'll have him be a skinny, pale old man with a bad posture.

A "Alad 2.0 " , if you may. 

...Or is it 1.0, since Ballas lived before him ...? idunno...

Well, to be fair, the person who we call lotus might be in fact an impostor, since she has been proven more than once to be a sentient herself.
I am not sure where all the hostility comes from, i was just giving my opinion. Personally, i find it impossible to tell how something EXACTLY looks by descriptions and stories alone. But that doesn't mean there shouldn't be any consistency.

Whatever though, i already regret saying anything.

On ‎14‎-‎03‎-‎2016 at 9:33 PM, evergreenmind said:

Welp then, here's Margulis.

Her design isn't 100% solid yet, mainly i'm still experimenting with her facial.

Reveal hidden contents

NiujfEN.png

Pretty awesome. The only issue I have with her though is her face. It seems somewhat rigid and masculine-like.

4 hours ago, evergreenmind said:

It does seem more of a Corpus-thing, but since DE hasn't really given us decent-looking men (while all current ladies are very pretty imo) , i imagine they're gonna go with the old raisin-look. IF they'll ever even show him, which i doubt they will.  Or i hope they won't.

Really? Alad V, Teshin, and Frohd Bek aren't so bad. And I can't think of any female Grineer that are "pretty."

6 hours ago, Noabettiet said:

Well, to be fair, the person who we call lotus might be in fact an impostor, since she has been proven more than once to be a sentient herself.
I am not sure where all the hostility comes from, i was just giving my opinion. Personally, i find it impossible to tell how something EXACTLY looks by descriptions and stories alone. But that doesn't mean there shouldn't be any consistency.

Whatever though, i already regret saying anything.

Hostility? Oh no no no! I wasn't angry or anything, i'm sorry if it seemed that way. Very sorry. I appreciate your opinion as much as everyone else's.

I personally like to think that the Lotus we see isn't actually 'Lotus', but instead the throne we saw some devstreams back is the real thing. The woman is mainly an avatar of sorts.

3 hours ago, Ory_Hara said:

Pretty awesome. The only issue I have with her though is her face. It seems somewhat rigid and masculine-like.

A strong jaw is needed to talk in behalf of the Tenno babies!

Seriously tho, getting blinded by Void energy might not be super healthy for your face and prolly won't make you look all that pretty. 

I'll most likely try and go even further with her facial structure and scarring.

2 hours ago, Akavakaku said:

Really? Alad V, Teshin, and Frohd Bek aren't so bad. And I can't think of any female Grineer that are "pretty."

Bek is my main man, yet i still think he looks a bag of potatoes. Teshin is hard to say, what with the giant copper bell on his head and whatnot, i doubt he spent the time Tenno slept having beaty sleeps. 

Alad has way too many fangirls for me to even start about him. Except: He old and wrinkly.

Of course, i do not oppose the appearance of any of these characters. Older men have their own charm and i like it. My comment was simply ment as an observation that while men tend to get a larger scale in age and appearance, the few named ladies we have are generally young and pretty-looking (with usually half the face covered but dunno if dats important).

Female Grineer units are their own category entirely, and i have opened my facehole in distain about them before.

Considering the amount of new (male) units, lady grin-grins have been left on the side a bit. Textures and models for Ballista, Scorpion and Heavy gunner are, while not bad, a bit outdated in comparison to their brothers. I wish DE would at least try re-working rhem at some point.

Hyekka Masters are pretty awesome tho. 10/10 would get burned alive by them again.

1 hour ago, evergreenmind said:

Alad has way too many fangirls for me to even start about him. Except: He old and wrinkly.

former experience

^This. Then again, I can't seem to wrap my head around the whole fangirl mentality. Hormones? Idunno.

7 hours ago, evergreenmind said:

A strong jaw is needed to talk in behalf of the Tenno babies!

Seriously tho, getting blinded by Void energy might not be super healthy for your face and prolly won't make you look all that pretty. 

I'll most likely try and go even further with her facial structure and scarring.

Ah, I meant her face structure and nose/brigde but I didn't word it to well. If your going to take it further are you also going to make a pre-scars version by any chance?

50 minutes ago, Ory_Hara said:

Ah, I meant her face structure and nose/brigde but I didn't word it to well. If your going to take it further are you also going to make a pre-scars version by any chance?

Aaaah that's what you meant! So you like it more delicate. Gotcha.

Perhaps this is more to your liking (pic still mine):

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_o2i4iq7f6T1thdbh4_500.png

Pic old as ball(a)s, pay no mind to quality.

I'll make the default face first, then use it as a base to design scars. I however prolly won't upload those anywhere unless i really like'em. Or if someone really wan't to see them. in which case i'm just gonna PM it to them, unless there's lot of ya.

Edited by evergreenmind