The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod slot priority

(PSN)ffaddict789

Question

4 answers to this question

No, it doesn't.  Though I understand your reasoning and line of thought, most mods aren't actually affected by other mods and work solely off the base stats of the weapon.  This is why you see the diminishing returns when you equip a mod that boosts a damage type 100%, then immediately equip another mod that boosts it another 100%.

There are exceptions to this, as certain mods do apply their effects to the final damage totals after all other mods are calculated.  These exceptions are the various Bane mods, and their Primed counterparts, and the Madurai Focus school Passives.  There might be others but, off the top of my head, those are the most important ones I can remember.

Technically it would apply to all mods, but AFAIK it has no effect on the formulas the game uses to calculate any numbers.

The only place I can think of that it could matter besides elemental mod combinations would be companion precepts for sentinel / kubrow abilities. Like if the companion could potentially take more than one action it may prioritize by what order that they're slotted in, but I'm at like 99% carrier usage and I only put Vacuum and Guardian on him so he doesn't draw any aggro, so I wouldn't know. :P

Edited by VKhaun

I believe mod order is only supposed to affect which elements combine together and the behaviour of companions.  Precepts earlier in the mod sequence trigger first in situations where the companion has multiple actions it could take.  The only other situation where I've seen it matter was probably a bug but might still be in effect.  Sprint Speed mods will sometimes give slightly different results depending on order.  I don't think they are supposed to and even on the fastest frames it's a matter of 0.01 difference on speed so I suspect it's a rounding error.