Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties, Fusion Cores, and DE... oh my!

Silvus-Sol

Well, I've somehow managed to farm 150 gold cores a day, have the drop rates really been nerfed? And this plan is actually pretty flawed. The entire reason I avoid sorties now is because I'm not powerful enough to do them, and I usually drag my team down. The only way I'll be able to effectively get through sorties is if I continue to level my mods at a steady pace so I can put them on my good, unmodded gear. I made 150 cores a day my goal, but it's honestly pretty taxing and takes quite a bit of time. I've maxed my Primed Continuity in 4 days, and I'm now working on my Primed Flow. The drop rate now could be a lot better, but it's tolerable. Here's hoping they don't further nerf it. 

With all that being said, instead of basically punishing the players, I think they should just give us better rewards for sorties. For example, why not give us our random reward, AND a guaranteed 25-50 gold cores, upon completion of the sortie? That sure would get me to participate. But of course, I'm just speaking for myself here. 

On 3/11/2016 at 2:10 AM, Maicael said:

If the info on Core drop rates is correct, then perhaps it's getting ready for being able to convert duplicate mods to fusion cores that was discussed in a Devstream.

I think I've got about 30k-40k duplicate mods ready to become fusion cores.

I use my duplicates as fusion material already, I have plenty of credits I never have enough fusion cores it seems.  

So today, with much patience and frustration, I did mange to grind out another 150 gold cores and max my Primed Flow. Some random that has apparently been playing for 4 years seemed completely skeptical that I was able to grind out so many in a day and told me I was lying, and called me a "wallet warrior". If I had 500 Platinum to blow, it definitely wouldn't be on a Legendary Core, or a max primed mod. My schedule was clear today and I had today off, is it really so hard to believe that one can go to Triton, do 2 drills, and abort if you don't get anything? Rinse/repeat. This took me from 10AM in the morning to 3PM in the evening. Most people don't have that absurd amount of time to waste, but today, I did. I did notice there were times I went 12 straight runs without getting a single core pack though, that 25% rate sometimes seems a lot lower.

12 hours ago, DuskLegendary said:

So today, with much patience and frustration, I did mange to grind out another 150 gold cores and max my Primed Flow. Some random that has apparently been playing for 4 years seemed completely skeptical that I was able to grind out so many in a day and told me I was lying, and called me a "wallet warrior". If I had 500 Platinum to blow, it definitely wouldn't be on a Legendary Core, or a max primed mod. My schedule was clear today and I had today off, is it really so hard to believe that one can go to Triton, do 2 drills, and abort if you don't get anything? Rinse/repeat. This took me from 10AM in the morning to 3PM in the evening. Most people don't have that absurd amount of time to waste, but today, I did. I did notice there were times I went 12 straight runs without getting a single core pack though, that 25% rate sometimes seems a lot lower.

I'm going to try to do more testing today on Excavation drop rates. I didn't go back to Hieracon since my awfully painful no-core run in 6 hours of Excavation, but I have some free time now and I'll try it again.

150 cores seems a bit unrealistic to me, but if I can at least see with my own eyes that cores still are obtainable this way, I'll be happy!

2 hours ago, JohnViande said:

I'm going to try to do more testing today on Excavation drop rates. I didn't go back to Hieracon since my awfully painful no-core run in 6 hours of Excavation, but I have some free time now and I'll try it again.

150 cores seems a bit unrealistic to me, but if I can at least see with my own eyes that cores still are obtainable this way, I'll be happy!

6 hours straight with no cores?! I thought RNG was screwing me over, but this definitely takes the cake. 150 cores a day is a very unrealistic goal and I feel sick of the grind when I'm done, but there are just so many R10 mods to max that if I played normally, I feel like I would never max anything. It's 8:35AM here now, and I will start my grind in a few moments. Whenever I hit 150, I'll report back. Generally, I've noticed it takes 6-7 hours of nothing but straight A cycle core grind to get that amount of cores though, very very tedious.

Well, some weeks ago DE mentioned they were reworking the "Core System". Where instead of farming hundreds of cores, you use some of all your hundreds of duplicates mods you have around to "Combine" them into cores instead :) 

Whick I think is pretty nice, becuase I have like 700 Quickdraw and Vacuums by now xD 

So don't panic! It's seems bad now, but I think we soon will get an easier way to obtain cores :)

4 hours ago, DuskLegendary said:

6 hours straight with no cores?! I thought RNG was screwing me over, but this definitely takes the cake. 150 cores a day is a very unrealistic goal and I feel sick of the grind when I'm done, but there are just so many R10 mods to max that if I played normally, I feel like I would never max anything. It's 8:35AM here now, and I will start my grind in a few moments. Whenever I hit 150, I'll report back. Generally, I've noticed it takes 6-7 hours of nothing but straight A cycle core grind to get that amount of cores though, very very tedious.

I've switched from Hieracon to Triton and now I'm getting R5 cores again. Only farmed for about an hour and I got 40. So maybe Hieracon is the problem. I don't feel like going back there to check myself though, those 6 hours were not fun at all :D

(50 cores in today's sortie, yay!)

2 hours ago, JohnViande said:

I've switched from Hieracon to Triton and now I'm getting R5 cores again. Only farmed for about an hour and I got 40. So maybe Hieracon is the problem. I don't feel like going back there to check myself though, those 6 hours were not fun at all :D

(50 cores in today's sortie, yay!)

Now you're farming at a steady pace! That's what I like to hear. I'm reporting back as I said I would, I've farmed 164 gold fusion cores today by using the method I stated. I could keep going, but for the sake of my sanity, I think I'm going to stop now, I'm burnt out. RNG screwed me over worse today than it ever has, I went 20 straight A cycles and got nothing, then all of a sudden got 4 core packs back to back. I personally think they need to raise the drop rate about 15%

• 1 month later...

I'm one of the players who is playing Sortie missions for the rare rewards. I like to challenge myself to get the rare weapon drops to help further my MR and arsenal. However, I must admit, it is really disheartening to waste anywhere between 1-2 hours daily (depending on the team/s I find) only to get 25-50 fusion cores: something I've no interest in. For the past week (seven days in a row) I've gotten nothing out of these Sortie missions but cores. At the rate this is going, I'm worried about missing out on these weapons.

I realize this is an unpopular opinion, and I realize the devs are trying their best to make things work out- but sometimes I honestly feel as if the devs are punishing us for supporting them with the decisions they make. I honestly think the possibility of duplicates as Sortie rewards was a damned brilliant idea. That gave players the chance to trade for pieces they needed with other players- it was something that simply made sense to me.

However- this is simply the griping of a lone Tenno. With the rate of how things are going, I'm probably going to do as my friends have done, and give up on Sorties all together. If I really want cores, there are more reliable, quicker and easier ways to farm for them, rather than putting myself through Sorties. xD

Having the reward duplication roll off the non-duplicates first would help. But if that was done, everyone would have their weapon and some may argue puts on damper on trading those parts. That said, I would rather have my weapon than to trade for it after not missing a single Sortie whole season.

56 minutes ago, CursedF0X said:

I'm one of the players who is playing Sortie missions for the rare rewards. I like to challenge myself to get the rare weapon drops to help further my MR and arsenal. However, I must admit, it is really disheartening to waste anywhere between 1-2 hours daily (depending on the team/s I find) only to get 25-50 fusion cores: something I've no interest in. For the past week (seven days in a row) I've gotten nothing out of these Sortie missions but cores. At the rate this is going, I'm worried about missing out on these weapons.

I realize this is an unpopular opinion, and I realize the devs are trying their best to make things work out- but sometimes I honestly feel as if the devs are punishing us for supporting them with the decisions they make. I honestly think the possibility of duplicates as Sortie rewards was a damned brilliant idea. That gave players the chance to trade for pieces they needed with other players- it was something that simply made sense to me.

However- this is simply the griping of a lone Tenno. With the rate of how things are going, I'm probably going to do as my friends have done, and give up on Sorties all together. If I really want cores, there are more reliable, quicker and easier ways to farm for them, rather than putting myself through Sorties. xD

WSKdtFQ.png

Why??

On 3/11/2016 at 2:10 AM, Maicael said:

If the info on Core drop rates is correct, then perhaps it's getting ready for being able to convert duplicate mods to fusion cores that was discussed in a Devstream.

I think I've got about 30k-40k duplicate mods ready to become fusion cores.

it's quite possible to rank a mod up from R0 to R7 or R8 ONLY using duplicates.  Mods of the same polarity that have been sucked up by my carrier in the 400-600 range will do that quite nicely.   I may have to use 1000 junk duplicate mods, but they're easy to find and use.

3 hours ago, CursedF0X said:

given the weighted nature of drop tables, i've given up farming any rare drops.  A player's actual odds of receiving a rare drop may be in the 1-500 or 1-1000 range.  Not good enough odds for me to bother playing the missions for the rare drops.

I ONLY play missions that I enjoy and would play if I got no reward at all. 

btw, random numbers (RNG) is hardly ever an important factor in WF drops, programmed weight tables have a much bigger effect on a player's odds to receive a specific drop, which is why you got cores 7 times in a row and why I might get 370 trin p chassies for each ash p bp. 

• 3 months later...

Be honest i play sorties every day and this last 2 weeks all that i got like rewards has been fusion cores......the problem for me is that i can't nothing else different anymore and i go to play sorties trying to get lens or weapons part .

Not sure about the drop chances but so far the amount of cores i get from sorties has been pretty crazy, when I played this game last I would hover around 100 gold cores, now I usually sit at 1000 and have actually started to max my mods which used to all be r8 and now several are r10 and I have only been back for like a month.

38 minutes ago, _TONE_ said:

Be honest i play sorties every day and this last 2 weeks all that i got like rewards has been fusion cores......the problem for me is that i can't nothing else different anymore and i go to play sorties trying to get lens or weapons part .

On 4/18/2016 at 5:43 PM, Papragu said:

WSKdtFQ.png

Why??

Relevant....