Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding spawn mechanics

Genitive

Hello Tenno,

I would like to talk about spawn mechanics in non-endless missions for a bit. Note that I'm not going to touch upon the recent spawn issues with enemies not appearing at all or appearing far behind you (which seem to have been more or less resolved now). I'd like to talk about where enemies spawn and in what quantities.

When I was doing sortie exterminate yesterday I encountered around 20 corpus units packed into two tiny storage rooms and a narrow corridor. This is quite a frequent phenomenon in Warframe. Enemies tend to spawn in small rooms in quite large groups often leading to ridicculous encounters. Moreover, such a spawn system does not facilitate stealth, it even hinders it badly. In numerous situations it is impossible to corner groups of enemies or even run past them because they are packed too densely. Not to mention such a situation obscures vision, especially when there are a couple of nullifiers present. 

So what can be done about it? My first idea was to make maps bigger to allow more even spread of enemies. At least in exterminates, where enemies are supposed to spawn ahead of us. Then, there should be a limit of how many enemies can appear in certain rooms. Situations where there are 5-6 mobs in their tiny rooms shouldn't be happening. Also enemies should spawn in certain distance from each other, or at least try to achieve a given distance after they spawn. Ideally, they should be walking in groups of 2-4 rather than 5-10. 

Proposed changes would increase immersion and allow more stealthy, strategic gameplay for those who desire it. We would also avoid situations where players get simply overwhelmed by the number of opponents.