The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframes stops responding/crashes upon removal of wireless headphone receiver

LurksInCorners

While my wireless headphones are connected to my laptop, if I remove the receiver while in a mission so as not to use the headphones anymore Warframe will more than likely stop responding and inevitably have to be terminated. This can happen whether or not Warframe is the only source of audio output at that time. Strangest thing is, it's completely independent of Warframe even outputting its audio to the headphones: I accidentally managed to get Google Chrome to play through the headphones while Warframe played through the built-in speakers of my laptop, but unplugging the wireless receiver still caused Warframe to stop responding. Sometimes Warframe simply throws the usual audio error message about something bad happening and it being able to 'recover', but it's a roll of the dice whether it's able to 'recover' or simply just freeze and crash.

Audio devices:
Logitech G930 Gaming Headset with Dolby Surround Sound 7.1
Realtek High Definition Audio built-in speakers.

Computer:
Dell Inspiron 15R-5537 Notebook
Windows 10, 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz (2.40GHz when plugged in) (Dual-core)
8GB DDR3L SDRAM
Intel HD 4400 Graphics & AMD Radeon HD 8670M

Ok, so if I understand you right, we have similar or maybe same problem... I don't think its important what audio devices you own or on which device you play... I'm playing Warframe on laptop, using BT heaedphones... usually, i have music in bacround... what hapens is after some time, warframe pauses music in backroud and ingame... if i exit the game, music continues where its stopped, like it was paused... I have no fkn idea what is hapenning... 
I'm also on Win10,64bit.. sure hope thats not the problem...

On 3/13/2016 at 9:58 PM, troubl3mak3r_cro said:

Ok, so if I understand you right, we have similar or maybe same problem... I don't think its important what audio devices you own or on which device you play... I'm playing Warframe on laptop, using BT heaedphones... usually, i have music in bacround... what hapens is after some time, warframe pauses music in backroud and ingame... if i exit the game, music continues where its stopped, like it was paused... I have no fkn idea what is hapenning... 
I'm also on Win10,64bit.. sure hope thats not the problem...

Sorry, nowhere close to the same problem :s

I'm getting similar issue with XB1 controller (PC) and XB1 Chatpad

Audio devices:
Wireless Microsoft xBox One Controller (PC) + Wireless Adapter + Chatpad + Headphones
nVidia HDMI High Definition Audio
SupremeFX audio technology // Realtek High Definition Audio 8-ch

Computer:
Desktop Computer
Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Asus B85-Pro Gamer
Intel Core i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (Quad-Core)
16GB DDR3 // Crucial Ballistix Sport (Micron technology)
MSI nVidia Geforce GTX 960 4Gb
2x SSD 250 GB

SzTDItA.jpg

When using (or forcing) the Headset as an input/output device for all 3 audio settings in warframe options menu and after disconnecting (battery swap or 15 min idle) it renders warframe crash.

K9QnT40.jpg

-------------------------------------------

When I put the in-game settings as "default" for all audio options and forcing the Chatpad + Headphones from Win10 audio settings as primary device and when audio connection is lost I get this normal "audio functionality was lost and recovered succesfully" message (warframe switches to use Realtek Audio device).

4WTcR3Y.jpg

When I plug the headset back to the audio port of the Chatpad the audio does not recover automatically. To enable the audio I need to go to warframe audio options menu and re-enable the audio functionalities. (swapping the setting to default or to "Headphones (USB Audio Device)" is enough.

Edited by carnaga