The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive damage

(PSN)ffaddict789

Question

So if i build for corrosive does that mean it basically has no effect on alloy armor? " you build for the types of enemies that you are fighting". I understand. But I have usually taken down bombards and such fairly easy with a corrosive build (outside of sorties of course. Once they hit 80-100 it has to be something a bit better matched). Plus. Is there any build that would let me build for corrosive AND viral? Thnx Tenno!

8 answers to this question

The status effect that corrosive damage employs is capable of working on any armour type in the game, however, if an enemy has that armour type, the damage itself is reduced. In this case, since corrosive is neutral the alloy, it doesn't get the total damage reduced because of resistances. The proc will reduce the alloy armour's general damage reduction by 15% anyway. Resistance doesn't matter for this.

For the corrosive and viral thing, you will need to find a weapon that has either of those elements built in. The Phage is a shotgun class weapon with Viral built in, any weapons/weapon augments given by the Red Veil also will apply Viral damage in their blasts, but that may not be what you want.

For weapons starting with corrosive, the Stug and Tysis secondary weapons.

Edited by White-Glint

Well no, you cannot have corrosive and viral on the same build considering toxin will combine with the first elemental combo that exists. With corrosive on alloy, there is no negative or positive modifier for it. However, if corrosive procs, it reduces enemy armor by 25% which is perhaps why you can still take down bombards. 

Also, if you are trying for bombards exclusively, building for Radiation would be the most beneficial considering you gain 75% damage modifier against alloy armor.  

Just now, Firetempest said:

It does not get Extra damage. It gets +75% damage to Ferrite.

Thank you. But I'm not talking about extra damage but basically any damage. If I shoot at a bombard what damage if any does corrosive do? Corrosive projection comes into play with alloy armor so what is the damage just IPS when built for corrosive at that point?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)ffaddict789 said:

Thank you. But I'm not talking about extra damage but basically any damage. If I shoot at a bombard what damage if any does corrosive do? Corrosive projection comes into play with alloy armor so what is the damage just IPS when built for corrosive at that point?

All elements will damage all types of health and armor. If there is no -/+ % in the wiki, its just neutral damage, of which, all neutral damage improves when a target is effected by corrosive projection.

edit. neutral damage is a better term from FaintestAura

Edited by Firetempest

Something you're mixing up.

Elemental damage is ALWAYS present on the damage you to. Let's say you do (keeping it simple) 100 dmg base and another 100 corrosive.

Vs Alloy you do 200 dmg. Vs Ferrite you do 275 (100 dmg + 100 from corrosive with 75% extra dmg)

It's not mean vs Alloy, yes, BUT procs are another thing. Corrosive proc lowers ANY remaining armor down by 25% (take note of the *remaining* as 4 procs won't remove all armor)

As a curiosity about corrosive, around 8 procs reduces 90% of total armor, so if you proc a lot with a quick high status weapon, it's very useful even versus Alloy.

Don't forget the procs effects disappear after some time.