The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Crashing... Big Time. Pc Shut Down

McNo0B

What's the wattage on that power supply, out of curiosity? The specs on Nvidia's page says it needs at least 300 watts. Also, when I say overheating, I'm wondering if you've been dusting out your PC every so often. Heat is a PC's greatest enemy, and a common reason why it will shut itself down to protect your hardware.

What is the brand? Have you tried reseating the RAM modules after replacing the PSU?

i found out that its not my power supply but my graphic card overheating (103 celecius was the max when i was playing)

If you are in a budget, do some ghetto cooling. My cpu is water cooled @5.2ghz and I have 2 gtx680s oc'd in sli and a gtx650 PhysX card.  I replaced the side of my case with a cheap box fan I picked up for $2, then readjusted my case fans to compensate for the air flow change. Now my cpu never breaks 50c on full load and my gpu's never go much higher than 60ish c

Good lord, 102°C is ridiculous. Pull the GPU and make sure the heatsink and fan are clear of dust. Sounds like maybe your GPU fan isn't even working. If you're under warranty, RMA it. If you're out of warranty and your fan is bad, replace it with a third-party cooler.

i found out that its not my power supply but my graphic card overheating (103 celecius was the max when i was playing)

As Morcant said, I highly suggest you look into ways to improve the cooling on your GPU. Ensure that your fans are working and maybe even invest in alternate means to cool your system. 

Good lord, 102°C is ridiculous. Pull the GPU and make sure the heatsink and fan are clear of dust. Sounds like maybe your GPU fan isn't even working. If you're under warranty, RMA it. If you're out of warranty and your fan is bad, replace it with a third-party cooler.