The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't you trade dread bp?

(XBOX)CitrusTheNile

Question

4 answers to this question

Well, we can't trade Archwing parts either, and that's a mode that funnels every player literally into a random prime-style lottery of unbelievably mindless tedium on TWO missions in the entire game (far fewer than the Primes).  So, they designed a method of gear obtainment that functions identically to the worst parts of the prime system (random on rotations of endless missions), but restricted it to fewer missions in an extremely unpopular mode.  Tradable parts?  Nope.

There is no logic.

I often thought it would be nice for Brakk, etc. parts to be tradable.  Instead, it took me until a couple months ago after playing from launch to finally complete it.  Was it worth it?  Did the wait make it all the sweeter? 

Nope.  It was freakishly outclassed mastery fodder given the power-creep in the game by the time I got it.  The whole thing was an exercise in wasted time.

As for the Dread in particular, they've already indirectly shown how they'll approach this I guess.  They introduced those items to Baro on PC as I recall that allow you to "summon" an assassin to a mission.  So, you could increase your odds of encountering him to 100%, and blow tons of credits and ducats to try to get your drop directly in that way.  I guess they preferred a prime part and credit sink to making the bps tradable.

/shrug

Because it is not supposed to be "pay to win".
You can attain around 85-90 of the gear with platinum (primes,baro weapons and sortie ones too), at least some of it should and must be obtainable only by playing the game. And even then, the stalker arsenal is hilariously overpriced without any good reason.

18 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Because it is not supposed to be "pay to win".
You can attain around 85-90 of the gear with platinum (primes,baro weapons and sortie ones too), at least some of it should and must be obtainable only by playing the game. And even then, the stalker arsenal is hilariously overpriced without any good reason.

Considering you can trade some of, if not THE best weapons in the game which include Sancti Tigris, Vaykor Hek, Soma Prime, Paris Prime, Lex Prime, Vaykor Marelok, Scindo Prime, etc and so forth... I really don't think this argument has any validity at all.

I agree Warframe shouldn't be "Pay 2 Win" but most of the best weapons in game can be bought and on top of that a player can buy Max Ranked Mod at any rank over MR2. So they could literally have a max Serration, Max Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Primed Pistol Gambit, all of the best mods simply from player trading.

So in essence, we are already there. The only thing really keeping a new player from buying all the power in the world is Mastery Rank requirements.

Other than that, I think it would of made more sense if non prime weapons and blue prints where tradeable and prime weapons were not.