The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is MR11's new test a tad bit too hard?

ArchangelusAlpharius

Question

I just can't seem to do it. No matter how many videos I repeat, or however many times in Simaris I try, it just doesn't work.

Especially problematic, is now you can fall off the platforms very easily, turning it from a run and gun test into a jump puzzle with a time limit.

And then theres the issue of even after you come out of the infinite pit, the chances of getting into the infinite slide loop are pretty high.

I'm all for mastery tests being challenging...but honestly, at my age, my reflexes simply can't compensate as quickly for mess ups.

I don't want to be stuck at Mastery 10 for months...embarrassing and counterproductive to enjoying a game...the test tells you to shoot under pressure, but honestly, if you misplace even a single jump, nothing matters anymore.

Did I mention it is single try?

One other thing you can do if you have issues with jumping like I did is use Valkyr and then use ripline to get up to the platforms that require high jumps to reach. Those were what were giving me fits and using ripline let me not have to worry about them. Rest of the jumps and shooting were not a problem for me but I just could not consistently make the high jumps. Would get a bit stressed and start over or undershooting over and over again. (I am also older and have some arthritis in my hands.) (For this trial I was using mods to improve my efficiency, range, energy pool, and sprint speed.)

Edited by Vasala

On 15/03/2016 at 0:54 PM, Grimyr said:

I've been at this test for a week and im giving up, this does not teach me anything and it turns my fun downtime into a chore. It's just a pointless part of the game....

The true test of whether these tests belong in the game, is would you even think of doing them again to learn after completing them. - No, never, not even if they gave you items 

The most frustrating thing about them is the graphics that give you no sense of where you are. Please use real maps

I'm on test 11 - 10+ practices and still epic fails 2 or 3 jumps in.

All this split second timing might be fun for a few adrenaline junkies 

Can I just buy these test passes for plat or resources and get back to enjoying the real game