Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Stalker The De-S?

commuter

I was suspecting this for a while and was wondering why the Developers always pretend there is not stalker and giggle a little. Would it not make sense for the Developers to play the stalker? I mean maybe not all the time, but when they are feeling troll-y or bored?

After thinking this for a while I came upon a reply that further confirmed my theory - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/61269-what-if-you-could-be-the-stalker/ . It was the first comment on it. 

Anyway, sorry if I am posting this on the wrong forum page or this theory has been previously discussed. I am not really on top of things.

Stalker sometimes spends days shooting at a wall...

It's not the devs...

True, but he sometimes leaps into the air, slash dashes to perfection, and actively dodges bystanders to get to his target.While i totally agree that he does some pretty stupid AI-controlled things, that can't explain some of the things i've personally, with my own eyes, seen him do.

Im fully willing to believe that every once in a while, Someone at DE can be the stalker. Im certainly not thinking that its common, in fact i'd say out of the roughly 70 or so times the stalker has come after me or my roomate, 2 have been real people in control.

True, but he sometimes leaps into the air, slash dashes to perfection, and actively dodges bystanders to get to his target.While i totally agree that he does some pretty stupid AI-controlled things, that can't explain some of the things i've personally, with my own eyes, seen him do.

Im fully willing to believe that every once in a while, Someone at DE can be the stalker. Im certainly not thinking that its common, in fact i'd say out of the roughly 70 or so times the stalker has come after me or my roomate, 2 have been real people in control.

DE must hate my guts then or just love me enough to come after me day after day then...even when I have all of his parts...

You can never underestimate A.I. however...

We don't know DE's true power yet...

Edited by Ystella

DE must hate my guts then or just love me enough to come after me day after day then...even when I have all of his parts...

You can never underestimate A.I. however...

We don't know DE's true power yet...

You can tell when its not AI. Its all Goal Oriented pathing, vs Prepathing vs Freeroam. If its heading straight for you, or spawns really close and instantly attacks, Its certainly AI. But when you see it Dodging the hits of disruptors, leaping over enemies, doing nifty little slides that end with Hate buried in your neck...Its not AI.

So its fully possible that you have only ever been attacked by AI driven stalker, sent by the dark side of the RNG. Due to the number of players online at any given time, there could be hundreds of stalkers popping up every minute of gameplay, and only one or two of them human controlled. Or none, thats fully possible too. Maybe DE_Steve is angry over some E3 related thing, and wants to blow off steam (pun not intended) so he loads up the stalker and goes out hunting. A few kills later, everything in his world is calm again.

You can tell when its not AI. Its all Goal Oriented pathing, vs Prepathing vs Freeroam. If its heading straight for you, or spawns really close and instantly attacks, Its certainly AI. But when you see it Dodging the hits of disruptors, leaping over enemies, doing nifty little slides that end with Hate buried in your neck...Its not AI.

So its fully possible that you have only ever been attacked by AI driven stalker, sent by the dark side of the RNG. Due to the number of players online at any given time, there could be hundreds of stalkers popping up every minute of gameplay, and only one or two of them human controlled. Or none, thats fully possible too. Maybe DE_Steve is angry over some E3 related thing, and wants to blow off steam (pun not intended) so he loads up the stalker and goes out hunting. A few kills later, everything in his world is calm again.

Wow your Stalker did all of that...?

Interesting...

I suspect quite the same. It does lead to an interesting conversation though. Honestly it was kinda funny at first....but after seeing them deny it so often, its not remotely funny now.

I can see it now. DESteve will send out a memo saying "Repeating the same jokes aren't funny" and then there will be some water cooler talk over it.

First encounter with it today and it had the exact same loadout as my self Frame/weapons etc, so fighting my self as a hidden test? I've only been playing for 2 weeks so no idea of the history of it, so just a thought.

It would be interesting if it was controlled by someone at DE, but I'm going to guess no.  As for how he's so efficient sometimes trying to kill you, I'm willing to bet he is programmed better in some rooms than others.  That, and they could be using some old Unreal Tournament bot code.  Some of those bots were evil on high difficult levels.

:D gotta love conspiracy-theorists.

Look, if out of 70 times, the stalker acts twice human-like or in a way that makes you believe he might be played by a dev, it is merely coincidence.

The AI can do all kind of crazy things, this is possible in many games.Very rarely, everything works in such a way that the AI is able to perform to it´s best and maybe even seem like a human player.

Seriously, I HIGHLY doubt developers play the stalker if they are bored or something.I would bet S#&$loads of money on it beeing just a coincidence.