Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Augment Ideas

PickleMonster21

Hey guys. So basically, I've been thinking up a few Augment ideas for Inaros lately. Let me know what you think of them. Feedback is, of course, encouraged. And if you have your own, feel free to share them :)

Desiccation:

Spoiler

Desiccation: Enemies killed while affected by Desiccation now have an extra 60/70/80/90% change to drop additional loot.

Desiccation: Creates a wall of sand, blocking the visions of both you and your enemy. Sand Wall lasts for 4/8/12/16 seconds.

Devour:

Spoiler

Devour: Instead of creating a Sand Shadow when a Devoured Target is killed, Inaros releases a Desiccation AoE of 3/6/9/12 meters while gaining an aditional 150 Health.

Whirlwind:

Spoiler

Whirlwind: You gain the Elemental Damage of whatever weapon you are currently using (whether it be Heat or Cold, or Viral or Radiation)

Whirlwind: The longer Whirlwind is active, the more damage reduction you get whilst in the Whirlwind form up to 75%. The damage reduction lasts 5/10/15/20 seconds after Whirlwind is deactivated.

Edited by PickleMonster21

My thoughts:

Dessication: Creates a sand cloud for 4/8/12/16 seconds that will blind enemies and target them for lifesteal when entering.

Devour: Sand Shadows that die will spawn a sand pile for 2/4/6/8 seconds that will target enemies that walk through it for Devour.

Whirlwind: Size of Whirlwind increases by 10% for each enemy absorbed.

5 minutes ago, xxcib21xx said:

You're a founder. Just wait for the thread to go up in a few months.

The idea behind this post isn't "DE, NOTICE MY IDEAS". It's "Hey. Here are a few ideas I'd like to suggest. If you like them, awesome. If you have a few alterations, cool. Give me your ideas as well. Especially if you're not a part of the Design Council, and if people like them, myself included, I'll suggest it" kind of thing.

47 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

Desiccation: Enemies killed while affected by Desiccation now have an extra 60/70/80/90% change to drop additional loot.

I like this idea, however, we already have Desecrate, Pilfering Swarm and Prowl, I am in two minds about having another this type of ability.

47 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

Desiccation: Creates a wall of sand, blocking the visions of both you and your enemy. Sand Wall lasts for 4/8/12/16 seconds.

The problem I have with this is that the wall of sand might unnecessarily obstruct the view and I cannot picture a situation, when it would be beneficial for Inaros to use this augment.

I'll propose this:

Devour: Affected enemies are also inflicted with a Viral proc. Or - Devour now deals finisher damage. Or - Devour strips enemy's armor/shields.

Sandstorm: While using Sandstorm you regenerate x amount of HP per second.

Scarab armor/swarm: While at 100% reduces incoming damage by x%. In addition increases scarab swarm spread speed by x%.

58 minutes ago, PotatoTrapdoor said:

Whirlwind: Size of Whirlwind increases by 10% for each enemy absorbed.

Also this seems to be interesting and useful augment idea.

I put a bit of an emphasis on group support as that's kind of my thing.

Devouring Swarm: Charging Devour will cause it to hit multiple targets rather than pull your target to you.

-Maybe cause targets to pulse energy for Inaros and his allies.

Purifying Whirlwind: Allies caught in Inaros's Whirlwind are cleansed of negative conditions, and are healed when Inaros's Whirlwind devours a target.

Sacred Swarm: Scarab Swarms armor buff is shared with nearby allies.

6 hours ago, Zyrgi said:

I like this idea, however, we already have Desecrate, Pilfering Swarm and Prowl, I am in two minds about having another this type of ability.

Yes we do. But I mean it's not exactly going to turn Inaros into a Loot Frame. Waht are you gonna do, increase Duration and Range JUST for that? I mean you COULD, but you won't maximize his kit building for it.

6 hours ago, Zyrgi said:

The problem I have with this is that the wall of sand might unnecessarily obstruct the view and I cannot picture a situation, when it would be beneficial for Inaros to use this augment.

I was initially thinking along the lines of Atlas' stone wall ability, but didn't wanna copy it. So I fused it with Ash's Smoke Screen in terms of obscuring vision instead of a straight up sand wall. I mean, I'd use it, but that's just me. You can still blind-fire into it and if there are enemies on the other side... well GG to them :P

6 hours ago, Zyrgi said:

Devour: Affected enemies are also inflicted with a Viral proc. Or - Devour now deals finisher damage. Or - Devour strips enemy's armor/shields.

Sandstorm: While using Sandstorm you regenerate x amount of HP per second.

Scarab armor/swarm: While at 100% reduces incoming damage by x%. In addition increases scarab swarm spread speed by x%.

I think I like that last one for Devour.

I don't agree with that Sandstorm one, mainly because you still take damage whilst in the Sandstorm form. Maybe enemies trying to fire into the Sandstorm have their accuracy dramatically reduced by 20/40/60/80%?

You get 200 unmoddable Armor when Scarab Swarm is charged up, so that basically is your Damage Reduction there. I don't know what else Scarab Swarm could be augmented to do. I got a "writers block" on this ability.

I've been thinking about Scarab Swarm since I read this post this morning, and seem to have come up with an idea:

Scarab Swarm: Power Strength is increased by 5% for each enemy hit with Scarab Swarm.

also a fix for my earlier post about Devour:

Devour: Slowly regenerates Inaros' (and his allies', when they devour an enemy

) ammo and energy while devouring an enemy. (About 50% the rate of the health regen)

I also really like these  | |                    (Someone mind telling me how to write underneath a quote? I'm not sure how lol)
                                   VV

2 hours ago, Turtlemancer said:

Purifying Whirlwind: Allies caught in Inaros's Whirlwind are cleansed of negative conditions, and are healed when Inaros's Whirlwind devours a target.

Sacred Swarm: Scarab Swarms armor buff is shared with nearby allies.

Edited by PotatoTrapdoor

On 3/15/2016 at 6:30 PM, PotatoTrapdoor said:

I've been thinking about Scarab Swarm since I read this post this morning, and seem to have come up with an idea:

Scarab Swarm: Power Strength is increased by 5% for each enemy hit with Scarab Swarm.

also a fix for my earlier post about Devour:

Devour: Slowly regenerates Inaros' (and his allies', when they devour an enemy

) ammo and energy while devouring an enemy. (About 50% the rate of the health regen)

I also really like these  | |                    (Someone mind telling me how to write underneath a quote? I'm not sure how lol)
                                   VV

Thanks ;). Usually I just type benearth the quote I dont know whats causing your problem but it might be more technical than you not knowing how. Unless your overthinking it which I do a lot so that could be it.

Also:

Desiccation:

Enemies Killed under the effect of Desication may also turn into Sandshadows.

Also maybe a Devour mod that makes sand Shadows buff allies in some way? Or makes it where a foe under the effect of Devour will always spawn as a Sandshadow if they are killed.

Edited by Turtlemancer

4 minutes ago, Turtlemancer said:

Thanks ;). Usually I just type benearth the quote I dont know whats causing your problem but it might be more technical than you not knowing how. Unless your overthinking it which I do a lot so that could be it.

I'm not sure what caused it before, but I seem to be able to now :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I posted this on couple of other threads but, I would like to see an augment for scarab swarm that allows u to cast on allies giving them an armor buff and allows them to spread the swarm by getting close to an enemy like the way enemies spread it to each other.

Edited by Kdog777

Devour: recasting on an enemy already afflicted with devour teleports you behind them and inflicts devour in an AoE for a % of the remaining duration

Sandstorm: strips armor per tick or causes bleed procs, something to help it deal damage. something like Banshee's new augment could work too

since sandstorm also turns devoured into sand minions this could combo into a Commander Inaros build

I saw another good augment idea somewhere can't remember where though but after casting scarab swarm and Inaros' health is back to full all overflow health generated by scarab swarm will go to recharging scarab armor back to 100%.  It also increases casting speed of scarab swarm.

Edited by Kdog777