The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Is Ok but Disappointing.. (My Solo T4 Results)

Sinister_Gold

Behind Ordis, this is Transient fortitude

Ignis is easier to use but you wont get big spore burst when it will proc gaz, this is as you want, but my favorite is the lanka, land a perfect gaz crit on a big squad of enemys under spores = profit, you should try both

This is what i get with the lanka: 

832paRe.jpg

y5fOMG0.jpg
saOddUk.jpg

B99Np3j.jpg

7VS8VTT.jpg

Edited by IamTheResistance

Just now, IamTheResistance said:

Ignis is easier to use but you wont get big spore burst when it will proc gaz, this is as you want, but my favorite is the lanka, land a perfect gaz crit on a big squad of enemy under spores = profit, you should try both

Ok thanks. Would you be able to take a picture of your lank and wep that ou used for t4. Id like to try this build today

1 minute ago, Sinister_Gold said:

Ok thanks. Would you be able to take a picture of your lank and wep that ou used for t4. Id like to try this build today

The Lanka is useless against corrupted, careful ! he is only useful against low level enemys OR versus infested and corpus

If you want to kill the 200 lvl corrupted, you'll have to play a crit based melee weapon with naramon, some health pizzas to counter the toxic eximus (or regenerative molt instead of Power drift mod)

And the famous toxic lash stack on one target, then use 1, pop a spore on it and spread the huge burst

Also, do not hesitate to knockdown the big ones (swirling tiger have a knockdown combo) to finish them with a big slash proc

10 minutes ago, IamTheResistance said:

Ignis is easier to use but you wont get big spore burst when it will proc gaz, this is as you want, but my favorite is the lanka, land a perfect gaz crit on a big squad of enemys under spores = profit, you should try both

This is what i get with the lanka: 

832paRe.jpg

y5fOMG0.jpg
saOddUk.jpg

B99Np3j.jpg

7VS8VTT.jpg

how do i build a gas status lanka? I never use snipers

At the end of the day in a 4 man end game team (assuming 4xCP) would you include Sayrn ? 

Not a chance, all the frame brings is DPS which is a dime a dozen as far as frames go.

Is a good frame ? Sure. (atleast her re-work did something for the frame unlike Mesa who just got thrown under the bus)

As you go higher in enemy levels power strength matters less with enemy scaling, spore scales well as it spreads viral procs virtually infinitely, she does work well with Equinox and Banshee and of course Corrosive Projection. OP you're going to have a problem with power and weapon damage scaling as enemies increase in level it's only natural, Sayrn is actually one on the best in terms of scalibility because of the viral procs continuously popping and halving health.

Builds posted in this thread are great

4 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

At the end of the day in a 4 man end game team (assuming 4xCP) would you include Sayrn ? 

Not a chance, all the frame brings is DPS which is a dime a dozen as far as frames go.

Is a good frame ? Sure. (atleast her re-work did something for the frame unlike Mesa who just got thrown under the bus)

This is your opinion, not the ultimate truth.

Saryn deserve a slot everywhere, she can outdamage or rivalise with the best and easy mode frames

3 minutes ago, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

As you go higher in enemy levels power strength matters less with enemy scaling, spore scales well as it spreads viral procs virtually infinitely, she does work well with Equinox and Banshee and of course Corrosive Projection. OP you're going to have a problem with power and weapon damage scaling as enemies increase in level it's only natural, Sayrn is actually one on the best in terms of scalibility because of the viral procs continuously popping and halving health.

Builds posted in this thread are great

Read carefuly this guy aswell, he know what he is talking about

27 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

-snip-

Really, that's all? So she doesn't bring endless enemy debuffs that scale infinitely? Or a really good soft CC? She has gone away from being a primary DPS frame but can still out-damage anything with the right setup.

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215
Fixed goof

3 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Really that's all? So she doesn't bring endless enemy debuffs that scale infinitely? Or a really good soft CC? She has gone away from being a primary CC frame but can still out-damage anything with the right setup.

But, but, but, I can totally get higher DPS if I use Excalibur! That's all that matters, right?!

7 minutes ago, IamTheResistance said:

This is your opinion, not the ultimate truth.

Saryn deserve a slot everywhere, she can outdamage or rivalise with the best and easy mode frames

Read carefuly this guy aswell, he know what he is talking about

Does your lanka have 100% status?? I dont know what mods to put on it

2 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Really that's all? So she doesn't bring endless enemy debuffs that scale infinitely? Or a really good soft CC? She has gone away from being a primary CC frame but can still out-damage anything with the right setup.

Every Frame Brings DPS that's a given but you think  DPS is the most important thing for end game which it isn't.

CC is by far the more important and I mean real CC, if the mobs can't attack you you have all the time in the world to kill them, the best DPS frames 

can't protect the team which is #1

Just now, IamTheResistance said:

Nope, he have something like 68% status chance, i would like more but this is impossible without too much sacrifices of dps

what are the exact mods you use to get to 68%? status i wanna try the exact same build and i saved liek 20 forma so i can forma as much as i need too

I am not sure what are people's expectations of Saryn. She seems to be constantly compared to Excal for no other reason that they both got reworked. They are really not remotely the same thing, once you accept that you will see that she has a lot to offer. She is not without any draw backs but she is very playable and dare I say strong.

4 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Every Frame Brings DPS that's a given but you think  DPS is the most important thing for end game which it isn't.

CC is by far the more important and I mean real CC, if the mobs can't attack you you have all the time in the world to kill them, the best DPS frames 

Where did you get that I think that DPS is the most important thing from in my post? seriously? My argument is that she isn't a primary DPS frame and if that's the only reason you have her in the party then you are doing it wrong. She has become a debuffer and she does have CC, just not a very hard lock down CC. But that's why there's 3 other slots in the party. She doesn't need to do everything. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

7 minutes ago, Sinister_Gold said:

what are the exact mods you use to get to 68%? status i wanna try the exact same build and i saved liek 20 forma so i can forma as much as i need too

W9fDQrG.jpg

But i will keep the melee weapon build for myself, a lot of research and they are the only thing that make me different than the others saryns

12 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Yes, CC is more important and that's why Ash is such a popular warframe... oh wait.

Edited by PikeOrShield

People still running nuke variant saryn are out of touch, it requires too much team support- Saryn is a support character now, at her best when your constantly spreading viral procs with a 250% range build. At least for endgame anyway. That 5,700 kills photo was a force as well because to achieve that, it required a Banshee equinox and EV, tbh, Ash amongst numerous other frames could've done that with a team centered around one warframe

*Sigh* at this point, I think I might just make a youtube video explaining Saryn and her toolset.  I just want to preface what I'm about to say with my background.  I have been playing warframe since the beginning and Saryn has always been my favorite frame ever since  update 7.  I have taken the time with each change of her abilities to build her in the best possible way.  With the most recent updates to her skills she has changed a lot.  As of now, I can say that Saryn shines in compact areas with choke points.  Solo survival causes you to always be moving and something like this does not play well with her skill set a high levels.  Naramon Shadowstep with a high crit melee can get any frame to insanely high levels in T4.  This is not where Saryn shines.  Spores are good and Toxic Lash is helpful, but being in a constant state of changing rooms can prove to be a burden.

Saryn is at her best in defence missions, or if you are capable, remaining put in certain rooms in more endless type missions.  Miasma at this point is rather disappointing.  Miasma is worse (at base damage and utility) then most 4 abilities in the game.  It has the potential to outshine some with respect to damage when used with her other abilities, but this is not good synergy, it is dependency.  Relying on Miasma turns Saryn into a disappointing energy guzzler.  It might work at lower levels, but don't you even think about touching that 4 in a 100+ enemy level mission unless it is for a momentary stun for you to get away.

Toxic Lash and Molt are good abilities, but also fall off as time goes on.  Lash can give you much needed blocking power along with some sweet energy regen with spore at higher levels and at 100+ levels it is her second best ability.  Molt is subpar at 100+ levels.  The best thing it can be use for is a remote spore detonator; seeing as it dies in a single hit from any enemy.  Maybe at a bit lower levels 60-80 it can survive a single hit and be used to significantly boost Miasma's damage.  (Miasma receives a multiplier of whatever percent was taken from the molt when miasma caused to detonate)

Spore is the crown of all her abilities.  It is why she is as good as she is and I don't think many would contest that.  I'm sure that any frame could get to 100+ level with a good melee and shadow step, but Spore sets Saryn apart.  As someone has mentioned multiple times in this threat, spore carries toxin DOTs and in the right environment causes damage to scale at an incredible level.  Spore is a saving grace, but requires a high damage Toxin or Gas weapon.  Personally, I prefer the Ignis or the Torid.  While frames like Nova and Banshee use AOE style effects to bolster damage, Saryn is different in that she does not bolster damage, she does damage.  If you can manage to find a place with choke-points and funnel all Spore + Toxin DOT into those crowded areas, nothing leaves alive.  I have wiped entire rooms of 200+ enemies with a few spore casts + a single Torid clip.

I dislike the rework because Regen Molt (with decreased duration healthing 400hp for 2 tics) and Miasma (with min duration) were both amazing skills that kept me playing her for a very long time without ever being in danger.  New Saryn shines with Spores and the synergies Toxic Lash has with Spores.  I would have preferred her tool-set be made all-around better rather than just moving the emphasis on 4 to 1.

TL:DR New Saryn is certainly capable, but only if you A. Use a high Toxin/Gas DOT weapon, B. Use max range + some power strength mods and stick to your 1 and 3, and C. Know the tile-sets and rooms that cater to her abilities.  Oh!  And remember to be mobile, getting knocked down is just awful at high levels. and don't forget energy pizzas.

a8QJ5UW.jpg

Edited by Kybdi

Primed flow, vitality? sure footed? well, this is your choice, but she is capable of huge dps, this is subjective but i outdamage the valkyrs and excaliburs

I dont have to argue anymore here, i've posted many screenshots of 300 k spore burst damage, if you continue to think that saryn is not a good dps, then i suggest you to continue to play your no brains excaliburs and valkyrs, i'm happy if you do, because saryn will be rare :)

5 minutes ago, IamTheResistance said:

Primed flow, vitality? sure footed? well, this is your choice, but she is capable of huge dps, this is subjective but i outdamage the valkyrs and excaliburs

I dont have to argue anymore here, i've posted many screenshots of 300 k spore burst damage, if you continue to think that saryn is not a good dps, then i suggest you to continue to play your no brains excaliburs and valkyrs, i'm happy if you do, because saryn will be rare :)

We are making similar points.  I'm not here to cannibalize others to prove a point.  I agree, saryn is capable of DPS, but she cannot do nearly as much damage to enemies not effected by spore, thus the most beneficial way to use her would be in a tile-set that emphasizes lots of enemy clusters and choke points for Spore.  If you no longer have to argue then I suggest you set an example.