The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slova or the other

Sentorack

Question

I'm currently Deciding on the Nova build i want, so far Slova is working but i don't have the right mods just the basics Intensify Maxed, and Continuity Maxed seems alright, but can't really got longer than 20-25 waves solo in Defense or 30 minutes in survival. I have Vitality just to help me stay alive a little longer and she's not maxed frame yet either but been double mod capped atleast and energy siphon for aura mod. i use either Tonkor maxed, Soma P maxed, Lex P and Nikana P maxed. 

Any Suggestions on builds, and maybe the possibility of someone helping me get what i need would be nice. I currently work 3rd shift and get on for a few hours a day or n hr a day during the week and weekends when i have time. 

5 answers to this question

Just now, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Slova on her own doesn't go well past a certain barrier of waves. In my experience anyways.

Slova works better for a team, no matter what gear you may have.

Thanks, much appreciated on that note. I been solo just lvl'ing her for now. It seems to work faster for me in a lot of cases.. because i know i'm getting the kills for the xp not sharing it. If that's how the game's experience system actually works like some or most games i've played.

9 minutes ago, Sentorack said:

Thanks, much appreciated on that note. I been solo just lvl'ing her for now. It seems to work faster for me in a lot of cases.. because i know i'm getting the kills for the xp not sharing it. If that's how the game's experience system actually works like some or most games i've played.

There's going to be some point where you can't put anymore forma on her though XD

The main mistake people make with a slowva is just stacking all the power strength on that they can fit, thinking that it increases the amount enemies are slowed.

Spoiler

it doesn't. The slow effect is capped at 75% reduction. Don't bother stacking power str over 45% in almost any case (I suppose if you wanted more damaging chainsplosions, but it's a rather wasteful and limiting approach, better off focusing on antimatter drop instead personally with a weapon like the tigris to load damage into it)

Best bet is usually a 45% str blind rage (losing efficiency), or max intensify and a power drift (losing a mod slot, although the chance to resist knockdown can be nice).

Personally I run blind rage, saving the mod slots to fit in narrow minded and her portal run speed augment, for a very useful generalist build.

Nova is a glass cannon and the vast majority of your damage mitigation is coming from an energy costly ult/teammates. If you're running her solo and run out of energy, you better be packing some form of lifesteal or else you're gona have a bad time. Depending on the starting enemy level, i'd say 25-30 waves/minutes is quite respectable for a solo defense/survival.