The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selling discounted platinum against the rules?

(PSN)JeDi-_xStaRzZ

Question

6 answers to this question

4.Limited Use License

Digital Extremes grants all those who successfully create an account for Warframe and are enabled to access our software, a non-exclusive revocable use license to the Game's software for personal use only.  Under this Limited Use License, you are not permitted to transfer, sell, exchange, copy, publish, distribute, or assign anything derived from the software, Game, and Website ("Properties").  The Properties are strictly for your individual use and entertainment purposes, all of which are non-commercial.  You must obey by this policy unless otherwise permitted by Digital Extremes. Failure to do so will result in consequences ranging from account deletion to legal action.  By accessing the Properties, it is automatically assumed you have read and accept these terms along with the End User License Agreement applicable to the Game and the Privacy Policy.  

I assume platinum is considered Digital Extreme's property and therefore are for your personal use only.

If you mean buying discounted plat, and then trading it to other players in exchange for mods or items, that's fine.

If you mean buying discounted plat, and then selling it for real money to other players, that's gonna get you banned.

2 hours ago, (PS4)JeDi-_xStaRzZ said:

Why would I be banned for selling platinum for real money? And were does it say that its against the rules?

Here: Section 4 - Limited Use License

...Under this Limited Use License, you are not permitted to transfer, sell, exchange, copy, publish, distribute, or assign anything derived from the software, Game, and Website ("Properties").  The Properties are strictly for your individual use and entertainment purposes, all of which are non-commercial.  You must obey by this policy unless otherwise permitted by Digital Extremes. Failure to do so will result in consequences ranging from account deletion to legal action...

Selling Platinum is a breech of the agreement you electronically signed when making your account and logging into the game. At best you can get your account banned and at worst, you could be the recipient of legal action.

My advice; Don't risk it.

Locking Topic.

Just now, Vargras said:

If you mean buying discounted plat, and then trading it to other players in exchange for mods or items, that's fine.

If you mean buying discounted plat, and then selling it for real money to other players, that's gonna get you banned.

Why would I be banned for selling platinum for real money? And were does it say that its against the rules?