Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Metro 2033 is being made into a film

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/metro-2033-is-being-made-into-a-film/

So it seems the well known Metro 2033 will be made into a film, it'll follow the book as opposed to the video game, so some characters and events wont be in it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/obsidian-announces-tyranny-a-fantasy-rpg-where-youre-the-bad-guy/
Obsidian has announced a new game called Tyranny. It's a fantasy RPG that places you as the bad guy.

“I have previously been extremely careful about handing my ‘baby’ over to Hollywood producers for adaption for a feature film, but now I feel that it has landed in the right hands. [Producers Michael] De Luca and [Stephen] L’Heureux have a great vision for this project, and I feel it’s an honor to work with them.”

They're might be some hope for video game movies :)

Edited by Ibro156

3 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

“I have previously been extremely careful about handing my ‘baby’ over to Hollywood producers for adaption for a feature film, but now I feel that it has landed in the right hands. [Producers Michael] De Luca and [Stephen] L’Heureux have a great vision for this project, and I feel it’s an honor to work with them.”

They're might be some hope for video game movies :)

Technically it's a book adaptions and those tend to be better than game adaptions 

Oh my god, if this movie works out, it's a dream come true holy S#&$ :D

Metro 2033 is, so far, my all-time favourite book

Spoiler
  • interesting setting
  • interesting characters
  • good story telling
  • decent size
  • no unnecessary romantic sub-plots
  • no cheesy "and they lived happily ever after" ending
  • ITS PERFECT