The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Glaive Build??

(XBOX)SgtFunBun

Question

I just recently got the Glaive, fantastically fun to use. However, after leveling it up a couple times, I took it on a void mission I usually run in T2, and noticed it wasn't so effective, even modded, but knowing myself, my modding finesse is quite flawed, so I wanna ask about how I can build it to make it great on almost any mission.

9 answers to this question

OK, to be completely honest: Level it to 30 and get redeemer.

If you insist on using glaives you might as well get glaive prime or another glaive-like weapon. Kestrel for example can ragdoll enemies. You will want to make the throwing object return as fast as possible, I always go with quick return and melee speed mods, as they slightly increase the animation speed. Then you jsut go for damage and maybe power throw which will add punch-through and an explosion on impact. Making it actually quite effective against groups. Whirlwind might also be useful, increasing it's flying speed by a lot.

Edited by Genoscythe

I use the Glaive Prime daily, using following mods:

Pressure Point - Spoiled Strike - Quick Return - Power Throw - Fever Strike - Virulent Scourge - Whirlwind - Buzzkill.

This build will explode on impact, even through just throwing it with quick melee. I personally use it to kill off nullifiers, trying to bypass their shields and go directly for the health pool instead (Yes if you throw the Glaive right next to a nullifier within their bouble, the Glaive will still explode and deal AoE damage if you threw it from the outside. As long as it finds a surface to explode on).

Yes attack speed might be something of interest to use as your animation goes faster, but seeing how limited the slots are and what you need on (at least for my build) for damage, I believe attack speed can be avoided to add, as I personally don't toss it about all the time, only as a finisher and nullifier counter (which running anything but T3-4 hours long defense/survivals/interceptions will spawn enough of for the Glaive to be a bit lacking. And even then you'd want damage to actually be able to kill them).

Edited by Rexian

Only way I find glaives vaible is with astral twilight stance for pure meleeing, this stance is utterly badass, one of my favorite in game probably. Get cerata (good crit chance) and add berseker +naramon +misery even mods. Totally viable melee option. And you can take out cameras when sortie says melee only. And throw on occasion for fun. 

I have my Glaive built with Power Throw and Quick Return, and some raw damage mods so I can fight up close and personal with it if need be. I also use Life Strike so I can heal from a distance, but be careful with this build because a max rank Power Throw will make the Glaive explode on impact, and that explosion can hurt or even kill you. If you want a faster flight speed, consider putting in Whirlwind.