The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Killer

Darth-Buldge

Question

7 answers to this question

Each type of physical now counts as a separate damage type.  So any weapon with two different elements and all three physical will eventually get it done.  Otherwise, just bring something that hits like a truck (damage isn't resisted until after the threshold's been passed), a good example for each category would be Sancti Tigris, Lex Prime, and Scindo Prime, and vary your elements with your other weapons.

Or, in the case of Sentients, bring Valk or Excal, and give zero ****'s about their resistance because you can zerg them so effectively regardless.

my prefered method of dealing with them is a viral/radiation/magnetic synoid gammacor paired with a corrosive/heat or cold sancti tigris.  There are just too many damage types for them to adapt to so they go down quick enough.  

Just soften them up with the gammacor until they resist all 3 elements then 1-2 shot with the tigris

The sentients take immunity to a damage type over time.Which mean there really isn't a real way to still deal max damage. What I would say is to come prepared by bringing a secondary and a primary with different elemental types. For example I bring any secondary with straight toxin. Then I bring my tonkor with corrosive and blast. I use my secondaty first then after the Sentients get take immunity  I finish them off with the tonkor.

Weapons which deal the bulk of their damage across multiple hits are less efficient because the Sentients tend to adapt partway through that damage, while heavy weapons deal so much of their damage in a single hit that it's apparently possible to overshoot, in a manner of speaking, the adaptation threshold. For example, a Braton Prime could whittle them down to exactly 75%, and then they'd adapt and it would be less than useful. A well-modded Lex Prime on the other hand could take off enough with a single hit that it goes from 76% to 74% with a single shot*, netting a bit of extra damage before the adaptation kicks in and negates its elemental combo.

Or at least, that's how I was lead to believe it works. I've been to the moon exactly twice outside of Second Dream.

*This is a conservative ballpark estimate. I don't actually own a Lex Prime or a maxed Hornet Strike, and I don't know how much health a Sentient fighter has, so I can't actually say how much damage a fully modded Lex Prime does to them in a single shot.