The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soon-to-be Loki Prime Player

Gameverseman

Question

Hi!

I am now crafting Loki Prime (should have him Saturday morning) and would like some help, tips & tricks, on him. The reason why I'm considering him at all and jumped the gun in getting prime over the basic first is this: incidentally I had all the parts already for Loki Prime and I didn't know where/how to farm basic Loki. Secondly, in my opinion, Loki Prime looks better thanks basic Loki anyways. Lastly, from videos I've watched and from what i've read online, Loki, and subsequently, Loki Prime, is a unique utilitarian warframe over that of your basic roles of tank, DPS, and healer; he seemed outside the box to me so I was intrigued and I still get my stealth kicks every now and again in this game.

In addition, I've recently acquired the Scindo Prime set and based on my research, darn near everyone loves it, and for good reason. So I thought "hey, Loki Prime and Scindo Prime. How cool would it be to attack from the shadows with a giant double bladed axe?" But my concern is that even with maxed fury, the Scindo will be too slow to mitigate the lack of survivability with DPS compared to, let's say, orthos prime or dual kamas prime. Seeing as how I'm completely new to Loki, what are your thoughts?

8 answers to this question

So, you're going to want two separate builds. One will focus on Invisibility. This one's pretty easy to build, just maximize Duration. This will be mostly for solo runs, getting through Spy Missions, Rescue Missions, anything that requires stealth. It will work really well with your Scindo Prime. Here's my Invis build - you can ignore Safeguard Switch; I only have that on for Sortie Rescues.

bnYbG8F.jpg

The other build you want is a Disarm build. This is the one you'll probably be playing the most once you get used to Loki, and it has good team dynamics. It's also easy to build - just maximize Range and Efficiency. I have Primed Continuity on as well - it makes Invisibility last just long enough to Revive a downed ally when needed. This is my Disarm build (you'll probably want Cunning Drift rather than Enemy Sense in Exilus slot though)

ktIWfKx.jpg

Hope this gives you a good place to start! Enjoy~

Great information guys, I just got my Loki Prime too last night and did a couple of level 1~3 runs to give my weapons and Loki some level. 

Good to know how to use my mods, I have been playing Rhino P for a long time and have to get used to not charging in and opening up with a shotgun at point blank, sneaky sneaky

as a person who mains loki (prime), i'd say welcome. although his skill set is unique, each has its uses. he excels best at spy, but very good at everything else to. just give him a genocide weapon and you are good to go. some other mods i'm fully recommended is quick thinking. since loki HP pool is low, his armor is low, so, QT is your failsafe.

dont listen to people saying, "what? you are bringing loki to def/sur/md/whatever!?" Radial disarm with 250% range is fun :D.

with loki, you never have to worry about bombard rocket

with loki, you can turn invis and pop the life support in sur in case you need it bad

the only thing he is lacking is when you are facing infested ._.

Aside from telling you that you should separate builds - Disarm and Invisibility. I'd rather not push a certain mod setup, instead I encourage just testing out for yourself, what works best for you in these (disarm and invisibility) builds. However, I'd advise to be careful where and when you cast invisibility, Loki is fairly vulnerable warframe and casting it behind cover or in the air can benefit you greatly if the enemies cannot see and shoot you. You might also want to keep invisibility up as much as possible depending on how sustainable you are energy-wise. Also you can use switch teleport on your decoy as a great mobility tool.

About Scindo: There is nothing wrong with it. It's alright, If you feel it has slow attack speed you can fit in Berserker as well.

About sentinel: Shade is pretty useless, however sometimes it can provide a safe means of recasting invisibility without being spotted.

Upon further review I think I'll worry about Loki being my exclusive go-to stealth warframe, at first. I'll eventually branch out into an alternative disarmament build. In regards to scindo, I've been using orthos prime and it's a nice weapon, but it's doesn't have enough damage to make up for Loki's lack of survivability. So, I've begun crafting the scindo. In regards to a sentinel, I forget the name, but I am crafting the sniper one, and plan to stealth it out with hush and such. I'm curious, how useful is the invisibility augment?

Edited by Gameverseman

You basically want to add to all stats except for power strength, because power strength isn't going to help you much.

h3zgM0W.jpg

With this build, you have a nice duration to keep you invisible (If that's your thing) and good enough range to keep most of the enemies in the room disarmed. You could go further by replacing Either streamline or Fleeting Expertise with his Disarm augment: Irritating Disarm. The radiation proc caused by the augment is really helpful sometimes.

I don't know if you have a huge mass of different mods, so I'll stay away from the new Shadow Debt mods that are really useful for the Scindo Prime

jl2p1S8.jpg

Berserker is needed on the Scindo Prime to give it the 75% attack speed to turn this into a blender.

Here's a personal build of mine.

15DWJAt.jpg

I don't use Life Strike (Although it's in the build, because I #*($%%@ up modding, just imagine a Berserker mod in the place of Life strike plz... don't laugh at me) much because I'm maining Inaros right now, and dude... it's a blast.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

What's your point here??

i dont know if you just want sharing your happiness getting prime frame or need help

Well Basically mostly used just for spy based mission (especiallly at high tier one) or just play it in change of pace in low-middle tier mission or some mission that need disarm coz actually loki have very low HP even prime one with vitality so i dont use him mostly