Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Issues: 4:30 AM EDT 3/17/2016 [Megathread]

(PSN)darkside4125

Easy solution, just give everyone the slash mods set, regardless of whether they purchased one or more of them through Baro. This is getting ridiculous, I love playing warframe but I am not going to stand by if I lose a weekend because people want to ddos the servers for whatever reason, even if it's just over a mod set. The trade chat needs to be better moderated in light of this issue, it's not right to rip off other people with overinflated prices over a mod. 

Edited by LittleArachnid

My girlfriend and I both got kicked due to failed to connect to server errors, and it sadly did not migrate the host.  We lost all of our progress in two different missions, which is a major disappointment.  Please look into this issue.  If this is truly due to the Slash Mods being in the Void Trader for PC users, it may be a good idea to just give all users across all platforms one of each mod to prevent people from doing this.

Yeah, keep calm guys!  If you see people posting elsewhere, please direct them to this thread, the forums are acting a bit wonky so I'm unable to fix the OP at the moment.

Keep everything contained here if possible, that way it will be easier for DE to see when they get to the office in the AM!  

TY everyone! 

I know it's all speculation about the ddos attacks related to the slash set and all. I have been saving up ducats to hopefully buy an extra set when it rolls around on the PS4, and maybe make some plat in the future. But if this is how some people are going to react, I say give everyone the set, and let those ddosers loose those sales, and fry in their own fat.

4 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

I haven't been around for a while, so is people actually risking to get sued just so they can rip off people inside a videogame?

Spoiler

https://media.giphy.com/media/D7Qzw12q9s8Tu/giphy.gif

Think that's bad? I hear there's this manga/anime based on living in an MMO that actually kills people, and when they get out, those people jump right back into another death-MMO. Something 'bout games makes people entirely irrational, sometimes.

Couldn't get through the second episode of that anime, it hurt so bad.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Mordred_Tumultu said:

The problem with just handing the mods out to everyone is that there are players who managed to spend their hard-earned Ducats on them last weekend. A great many, from my understanding, upwards of a couple thousand. how do you compensate those players?

Then what can you legitimately offer as a solution? I wasn't around when the puncture or slash mod sets were coming out. And if people had the sense they wouldn't pay insane amounts of plat for 4-5 mods. I don't mind farming ducats for Baro but if the reason for the dos was because of a few mods from a game then really, just give everyone a set or complete the player's set so no one gets whingy because they couldn't get them.

1 minute ago, (PS4)OppneusKorsuss said:

I know it's all speculation about the ddos attacks related to the slash set and all. I have been saving up ducats to hopefully buy an extra set when it rolls around on the PS4, and maybe make some plat in the future. But if this is how some people are going to react, I say give everyone the set, and let those ddosers loose those sales, and fry in their own fat.

I agree with you man, I have half of the mod set and want to get the others to complete mine. Speculating that this is the reason, then giving them whom don't have all of the mods in the set so everyone wins, no one loses. People want to sell extra sets? Their choice. But at least people who did want them would be able to have them in their mod collection.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad idea to give out the mods, only that I think players that have them need to be compensated for them. the most logical thing would be to reimburse their ducats (and credits, if possible). I'm just not sure if that's even feasible, because it may not be tracked in the game like Boosters are because platinum is special. 

48 minutes ago, TheBulitt said:

The Buzzkill mod in Baro Ki'Teer this entire DDoS is because of it. Platinum farmers are trying to keep people from logging in to buy it, they dont want its platinum value being watered down.

sY63enO.png

You might stop that and spreading rumors and ingesting hate when its not true.The issue even last weekend i repeating my self was that DDos was over the whole internet.Went even to check Blizzard,Ubisoft and few other platforms where i have games.Guess what they where and are having DDos attacks too.So stop spreading rumors...

I don't really think giving out this specific set would solve these issues (and let me state: I have no idea if the ddos is related to this at all, and I really don't belive so). Any game that is big enough, and have a trade economy where people actually can earn some worthwhile real world cash will run into these kinds of problems.

The slash mods are just an example of the problem, because they have become so rare, and the prices have skyrocketed, 300 - 650 - 1200pl and higher. Also I have my suspicions that the real sales of mods like this for the people who speculate in them is done via paypal, bank transfer aso, so no plat involved, thus not helping fund the game/developers at all. If the mods and primes in the game were regulated so that no items were allowed to reach this 1000+ plat value, the speculants would toddler-rage for a short while, then move on to some other poor game where they could earn some "real money". Those people are not realy here for the game Warframe at all.

I'm not against the trade economy in Warframe, in fact I quite like it, and sell stuff for plat quite regularly, But I don't think the game is served having 1000+ items being sold for real world money in a "black marked" economy outside the game.

Edited by (PS4)OppneusKorsuss

5 minutes ago, Asherus said:

You might stop that and spreading rumors and ingesting hate when its not true.The issue even last weekend i repeating my self was that DDos was over the whole internet.Went even to check Blizzard,Ubisoft and few other platforms where i have games.Guess what they where and are having DDos attacks too.So stop spreading rumors...

Must quote you on this one after my previous post. ?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)OppneusKorsuss said:

I don't really think giving out this specific set would solve these issues (and let me state: I have no idea if the ddos is related to this at all!). Any game that is big enough, and have a trade economy where people actually can earn some worthwhile real world cash will run into these kinds of problems.

The slash mods are just an example of the problem, because they have become so rare, and the prices have skyrocketed, 300 - 650 - 1200pl and higher. Also I have my suspicions that the real sales of mods like this for the people who speculate in them is done via paypal, bank transfer aso, so no plat involved, thus not helping the game/developers at all. If the mods and primes in the game were regulated so that no items were allowed to reach this 1000+ plat value, the speculants would toddler-rage for a short while, then move on to some other poor game where they could earn some "real money". Those people are not realy here for the game Warframe at all.

I'm not against the trade economy in Warframe, in fact I quite like it, and sell stuff for plat quite regularly, But I don't think the game is served having 1000+ items being sold for real world money in a "black marked" economy outside the game.

What has slash mods to do with servers, DE is renting at a company what hosts servers.What other company's renting too who are into different field of economy and business?That said company gets ddos attacks now and it happens that DE has servers rented at their place.And you come here with theorycrafting and finger pointing on something unrelated to DDos attacks?

Edited by Asherus

1 minute ago, Asherus said:

What has slash mods to do with servers, DE is renting at a company what hosts even server.What even other company's who are into different field of economy and business?That said company gets ddos attacks now and it happens that DE has servers rented at their place.And you come here with theorycrafting and finger pointing on something unrelated to DDos attacks?

It was just thoughts that span out of the whole "ddos because of slash-set" conspiracy theory. But you are right, it does not really add anything to this topic, sorry.