The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This Dojo Possible?

Kangayou

Question

Hello all,

I've spent the past half hour designing a dojo using eruzet's map icon set (found here).

Now I've never built anything in the dojo, so I was wanting to know if building this dojo is possible. I tried researching all I could on the wikia, but unfortunately there's only so much you can understand when reading about something practical. Obviously it has less than 100 rooms so I understand it's fine in that regard, but are there other rules I've missed, or will this work alright?

cPvxXAX.jpg

Really appreciate the help,

Oxevius

13 answers to this question

Elevator alignment's a little borked.  Small gardens, the Temple of Honor, and large gardens aren't the same diameter.  So your floors will be slightly staggered instead of perfectly vertically aligned (doesn't actually matter, but it might to you - it did to me), and you'll only be able to build one elevator on your reactor floor and floor 2.

Also, it looks like you're going to need more energy to get going than you've currently got immediately available.  What I'd recommend is that you build 1 cross connector south of your starting hall, a reactor on the south end of that connector, and then start building cross connectors to the sides with reactors branching off.  This is the temporary power wing - it'll get you enough energy to get going, then, once you're established, you can go back and tear it down for what you wanted there.

Are you going straight to Mountain clan?  Or are you just reserving locations for Barrack building?

Biggest issue you will have is having enough reactors as you build the rooms. I had to have my power first before creating the rooms I wanted so I had to change the design slightly. 

If the program you used took into consideration the power needs of the dojo you have designed then you shouldnt have a problem. If not then you will have alot of issues. 

Unless you hit the map limit with your "Reactor floor" You should be fine. My dojo has 4 levels all to the limits. Built it myself. The resources for this would be quite substancial. Especially forma which we've gotten less and less as of late. if you got the resources I say go for it. 

I think you might hit an issue with your elevators going from Reactor level to Floor 1. I don't think Elevators are stackable (ie a down elevator and an up elevator cant conjoin together on the same node) like that. I could be wrong. :-)

EDIT:
I also don't think that the elevators attached to the Garden node on the Reactor Level will line up properly to the elevators attached to the Trophy Room on Floor 1. I think instead, you will need either a Big Garden node (like on Floor II) or another trophy room.

Edited by (PS4)Shade0217
Missed a detail.

1 minute ago, Oxevius said:

Thank you, I think you're right about both. I shall have the elevators staggered, and the reactor level elevators will be attached to something wider to align with the rest of the dojo.

No Problem! Dojo designing is tedious, and you really want to get it right the first time - mistakes can be time-consuming and expensive!

You might be able to keep the normal garden, and attach a small hall on either side (if there is a hall small enough...)

Best of luck! This is a really effective design.

Just now, PastorSsemper said:

Biggest issue you will have is having enough reactors as you build the rooms. I had to have my power first before creating the rooms I wanted so I had to change the design slightly. 

If the program you used took into consideration the power needs of the dojo you have designed then you shouldnt have a problem. If not then you will have alot of issues. 

Unfortunately the layout was made in photoshop, so there wasn't any power requirement special considerations. I've got 8 reactors in there which I predict will be enough, but I'll check now just in case. Other than that, does everything else look okay? Is the elevator alignment right? (I don't really understand how the elevators work)

Thanks for your reply

13 minutes ago, PastorSsemper said:

Each room has different energy needs so I would hold off building it. 

If i recall I used this site to build my dojo. 

http://karbon.bney.us/

It gave me a good idea what I could build with the power etc i had. 

Hope this helps. 

That tool is excellent, thanks heaps for sharing it.

I've gone and re-made it using that site, but I'm not sure what to take from the capacity. The energy is in the positive which I know is good, but yeah - not sure what to gather from capacity. Would you be able to verify it would work at this stage?

AvhgEOd.jpg

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Shade0217 said:

I think you might hit an issue with your elevators going from Reactor level to Floor 1. I don't think Elevators are stackable (ie a down elevator and an up elevator cant conjoin together on the same node) like that. I could be wrong. :-)

EDIT:
I also don't think that the elevators attached to the Garden node on the Reactor Level will line up properly to the elevators attached to the Trophy Room on Floor 1. I think instead, you will need either a Big Garden node (like on Floor II) or another trophy room.

Thank you, I think you're right about both. I shall have the elevators staggered, and the reactor level elevators will be attached to something wider to align with the rest of the dojo.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Cwellann said:

Elevator alignment's a little borked.  Small gardens, the Temple of Honor, and large gardens aren't the same diameter.  So your floors will be slightly staggered instead of perfectly vertically aligned (doesn't actually matter, but it might to you - it did to me), and you'll only be able to build one elevator on your reactor floor and floor 2.

Also, it looks like you're going to need more energy to get going than you've currently got immediately available.  What I'd recommend is that you build 1 cross connector south of your starting hall, a reactor on the south end of that connector, and then start building cross connectors to the sides with reactors branching off.  This is the temporary power wing - it'll get you enough energy to get going, then, once you're established, you can go back and tear it down for what you wanted there.

Are you going straight to Mountain clan?  Or are you just reserving locations for Barrack building?

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking the same thing about needing more energy at first but didn't know how to tackle it, so thanks for your recommendation. Other than that, I've taken on board the problems it had, and shall adjust accordingly.

Keep in mind each elbow hall and straight hall is going to require a forma. This can be very costly. I would try something else that is more efficient and will cut down on wait times for rooms to build. 

The actual layout of a dojo is not really a big thing. I built mine without even really planning and put teleporters in all the essential rooms. Fast travel and then the design doesn't really matter too much. 

If i recall the capacity is the amount of rooms you can build and of course the energy amount is what you need to power that room. As far as i remember the halls is what gives you the capacity. 

As someone mentioned the dojo requires alot of forma, I remember when I first done my dojo I needed a good 40 forma as i built everything quickly. That means I rushed all the rooms with plat as well which is something to bear in mind or it will be a long painful wait by the time you complete all of your dojo. 

I cant remembebr but have you got the oracle lab in your design? I am sure you need this before you can build the other labs like the tenno etc.