Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is dead to me. :c

Pawgasm

Question

Hey Tenno, No this isn't a rage quit or something.

I'm just going to explain what's been going on with my game, and why it's literally dead. As in, I can't even play it anymore.

The game won't start. Ever. No matter what I do. I've tried everything known to man.. I mean Tenno.

Screenshot of the broken Launcher

So I've had this "Update Failed" for about 4 days now. It has no reason to be here, It shouldn't be here..but it is. I have gone through every step I can possibly think of.. 

-Turning the router on and off again

-Disabling the firewall

-Reinstalling the game

-Verifying the integrity of the cache

-Uninstalling and deleting literally everything to do with Warframe, and reinstalling a StandAlone Version. (This did NOT work.. It broke my entire network for about a day)

-Doubling the added exceptions through the Firewall, Warframe.exe and warframe64.exe, Again. Even though they were already allowed through.

-In the launcher settings, I've disabled every option, one at a time. 64bit mode is off, DX11 and 10. Everything. Still crashes.

I've tried running the game off my SSD instead of my HDD.

I've tried submitting the issue to Support, and they've failed to help me too. Nothin but Cut and paste responses. The last one was "Your internet is the problem"

Well, There should be no problem at all. 

Here's how the whole thing started, I finished a play session on the 15th. I turned my computer off, and then when I woke up the next day. The game wouldn't work.

I changed no settings, Did nothing with the internet.. Nada.

What's worse is.. I recently, Very recently got the Saryn Prime pack. Poor Primo hasn't even hit Rank 1 yet. Then this happens.

Honestly people, I sincerely doubt that anyone can help. There's nothing more that I can possibly do, save Reinstalling my Entire OS. Not doing that.

Seriously. This stupid, damned launcher just.. It's too temperamental. Not even the GTA5 Launcher causes me this much hassle.

It breaks my heart honestly. :/ But if anyone has ANY ideas.. Something I could do that isn't immediately obvious to anyone. Then maybe? v.v

And I really hope I'm not the only one with this problem. It's just.. It's insane.

2 hours ago, Tuiat said:

Oh no, It's happening again :/

I closed the game to reapply settings and keybindings.

Edit-

I did a Reboot, Re-disabled AVG. Confirmed culprit ;o

Warframe works.

If u can, change your AV to better AV like kaspersky to prevent something like this happen again. From my experience, I never have problem like that with warframe when using kaspersky.

Edited by -ZERO-AdaKirara

I'd suggest switching over to a different anti-virus if you aren't paying for your AVG service. In my experience, AVG is just downright terrible. It's always done nothing but cause problems for me, so a few years ago I switched over to the free Avast!, and I haven't seen a single recurrence of the issues I had while using AVG.

I personally recommend Avast! There's probably something much better than Avast! out there that one of the other users here can tell you about, but it's served me well enough to earn a recommendation. I just seriously suggest leaving AVG behind. It's one of the only two anti-virus I would never recommend, with the other being Norton.

Edited by calmchaos

Hardcore measure and VERY time consuming but try starting from square 1 if nothing else works...

*Reinstall windows

*All drivers

*Warframe obviously

It should most likely work then if it's a software/malware issue on your side...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

17 hours ago, calmchaos said:

I'd suggest switching over to a different anti-virus if you aren't paying for your AVG service. In my experience, AVG is just downright terrible. It's always done nothing but cause problems for me, so a few years ago I switched over to the free Avast!, and I haven't seen a single recurrence of the issues I had while using AVG.

I personally recommend Avast! There's probably something much better than Avast! out there that one of the other users here can tell you about, but it's served me well enough to earn a recommendation. I just seriously suggest leaving AVG behind. It's one of the only two anti-virus I would never recommend, with the other being Norton.

This.  AVG's downright acted like malware on my computer.  Granted, that was the search toolbar/browser search engine change, but it's the same company, and it'll be a cold day in hell when I trust an AV from a company that snuck a toolbar onto my computer.  Avast! on the other hand, has been useful, doesn't cause problems, doesn't stick it's nose anywhere it's not invited, and leaves when I ask it politely.