Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concern about friend

(PSN)conkat6211

I'll keep this short And to the point

I stopped playing like a month or two ago and I gave my mountain clan to a friend in the clan 

Today I logged on and asked for it back .he said no , before that he gave me a rank with a promotion ability so I managed to demote him and then promote my self back to warlord 

He logged on and was upset saying "the last good thing in my life ,F*** it" called me a twat and left and went offline. That statement is haunting me. I don't know much about the guy irl at all. I'm genuinely concerned for his well being

Obviously what I did was selfish but it's just a game you know? 

Well the concern is merited because it sadly it could be a genuine statement and as Tenno we have empathy for other Tenno.  The bigger concern IMHO is the amount of weight this event took on this individual (presuming it was a true statement.) Being it was your clan to begin with I don't think you necessarily did anything incorrect by reclaiming it. You can't hold yourself responsible for other Tenno's personal problems that you had no part in manifesting. Of course this is just my opinion. I hope they get/find the RL help they need.

Whether it is selfish is beside the point. If the loss of Clan is indeed as significant a blow to him as he claims, I think your acquaintance has greater problems than just the loss of the clan. In any case, is it practicable to investigate all similarly nebulous cases? I mean, people will say a great many things online.

I think you shouldn't have demoted him. See, you left him in charge of the clan, making it basically his clan as he didn't know if you were ever going to return. 

When you returned his first reaction was pretty rude, but he turned around and promoted you anyway. ( He probably had a change of mind). Then after this good deed you decided to demote him. So to him it's like you show up after a long hiatus and immediately take over power. 

I don't know the details, but I wouldn't like that (to express myself lightly). What you can do now is promote him and lead the clan together. Make sure to do that when you see he is online again and get in touch with him. That seems to me the only way fit to solve this if this was really so important of an issue to him

From what I can tell by your story, he's a general do**** and no amount of "depression" will excuse that.

You already know you can't trust him much so be cautious around him if you intend on staying connected with him.

Edited by Senpai-Pie

39 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

I think you shouldn't have demoted him. See, you left him in charge of the clan, making it basically his clan as he didn't know if you were ever going to return. 

When you returned his first reaction was pretty rude, but he turned around and promoted you anyway. ( He probably had a change of mind). Then after this good deed you decided to demote him. So to him it's like you show up after a long hiatus and immediately take over power. 

I don't know the details, but I wouldn't like that (to express myself lightly). What you can do now is promote him and lead the clan together. Make sure to do that when you see he is online again and get in touch with him. That seems to me the only way fit to solve this if this was really so important of an issue to him

^ This

You gave the clan away instead of putting somebody in charge while you were absent. You walked away and abandoned your people for ~60 days. Your clan members see this, and they also see your hostile retake of your clan. In both actions, your members have lost respect for you. So its not just your friend you need to apologize to. If it was just a game, then you would have been content at just being a member, or you would have created a new clan and moved on.

But something doesnt add up. A lower rank cannot demote a warlord even with promotion/demotions abilities. you can only promote somebody up to your rank. You cannot demote equal or above without DE's intervention. This makes me question the accuracy of the details in the story, but its not super important.

I tell my people this all the time. "Anybody can be a warlord. Not everybody can be a leader."

Edited by Faulcun

You should just stop, and your concern is wasted.. he is a D bag for not giving your clan back, you did the right thing. He isnt your friend.. not in game, not real life, just a user and preys on weak minded people..

He clearly used your " kindness " for lack of a better word, against you. No doubt he already has another clan in his sights to steal from someone leaving the game.

Dont be so trusting or caring for no reason.  Especially if someone raged like that..

1 hour ago, (PS4)conkat6211 said:

-snip-

I think this whole thing is between you and him. No need to involve the whole community. If you feel that the other party is harassing or behaving in inappropriate way or is hostile towards you - you can take screenshots and contact the support.

Edited by carnaga

4 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

^ This

You gave the clan away instead of putting somebody in charge while you were absent. You walked away and abandoned your people for ~60 days. Your clan members see this, and they also see your hostile retake of your clan. In both actions, your members have lost respect for you. So its not just your friend you need to apologize to. If it was just a game, then you would have been content at just being a member, or you would have created a new clan and moved on.

But something doesnt add up. A lower rank cannot demote a warlord even with promotion/demotions abilities. you can only promote somebody up to your rank. You cannot demote equal or above without DE's intervention. This makes me question the accuracy of the details in the story, but its not super important.

That's what I thought too but it let me promote above my own rank for some reason 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)conkat6211 said:

Update: he told me that he is going through tough times and this is all he has , I insist he takes the clan back but he's adamant its mine 

Don't say its all his now as that will make you just be as unreliable as hell. Changing from the one side to the other within 2 meetings. He won't be easy to believe that. 

Since he made you warlord when you asked, I'd say make your apologies, ask about how he's doing and go lead the clan together

5 minutes ago, (PS4)conkat6211 said:

Yeah I understand I just needed to vent my frustration

Chillax, a friend (was) made me feel i`m an a**hole for about a month before I realized he is the [CENSORED] here lol, time heals everything (almost)

Honestly, I'm not sure why one would need to "give" someone a clan unless they were convinced they were leaving for good, which I'm sure was your friend's impression in the first place.

If I'm a warlord who will be taking any sort of hiatus, I simply promote my friend to equal status with the understanding that he's the defacto leader, but I don't outright "give" him the clan unless I'm fairly certain I won't be back, and if I do come back I would not ask for the clan back, but I also wouldn't expect to have been demoted either.

IMO, you messed by even asking for the clan back and then made it worse by sniping the rights from under him. Regardless, of how this guy is taking it, that's a di*k move.

Edited by (PS4)yamikeigo