Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hyena - Control Module Drop Rates (And Other Bosses/rare Resources)

Dran

With the introduction of clan research weapons, myself and many clanmates have been farming Hyena a lot for Control Modules in order to build the new shiny weapons.

However, it seems the drop rate of Control Module from Hyena is exceptionally low. Tonight I've ran a total of 11 Hyena runs before finally getting a Module off of the boss itself, picking another from a container.

Others in my clan and region chat have also been saying they are getting a lot less rare resources from bosses compared to before Update 8.

I've heard from other clanmates that the drop rates of rare resources from bosses have been reduced since Update 8, but cannot find any information regarding this matter in the update notes.

Could anyone share information regarding this matter? Perhaps I missed out some update notes/DE posts?

I've received multiple control modules on a single run of Neso, Neptune. 

Make sure you grab Thief's Wit and Master Thief (if you have 'em) and then just open every single container/locker possible.

Also a great way to get tons of fieldron.

I average 1-2 control modules per run.

With the introduction of clan research weapons, myself and many clanmates have been farming Hyena a lot for Control Modules in order to build the new shiny weapons.

However, it seems the drop rate of Control Module from Hyena is exceptionally low. Tonight I've ran a total of 11 Hyena runs before finally getting a Module off of the boss itself, picking another from a container.

Others in my clan and region chat have also been saying they are getting a lot less rare resources from bosses compared to before Update 8.

I've heard from other clanmates that the drop rates of rare resources from bosses have been reduced since Update 8, but cannot find any information regarding this matter in the update notes.

Could anyone share information regarding this matter? Perhaps I missed out some update notes/DE posts?

try soloing your bosses, because when i solo boss like the hyena i get 7-6/10 control module but when i join games its 2/10

Due to the new resource for Research, it decreased the Rare resource (along with other resource %s) to make it so you can find the Research mats from the boss and other locations.

That wasn't the case for me. Out of those 11 runs, 9 were Nano Spores, 1 was Ferrite and the last run was Control Module. I did not see a single Fieldron Sample from Hyena.

If that is the case, the chances of getting no Module for 10 runs was around...5%? My luck is amazing T_T

Not to one up ya or anything but I've played a total of 34 runs and not a single Control Module.

So the whole clan's been doing nothing but hyena, huh?

I made about 20-25 hyena runs today and got 8 CMs. Spent 5 already lol.

Not really, just those who are rushing for Ogris/Supra and the like. I recall Zyfer being really frustrated when he had to farm up 20 Control Modules for crafting those weapons :P