The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need some help with this channeling build

Cyborg-Rox

Question

Now before you go all judging and saying that channeling is useless and should never be modded for... this isn't exactly an end-game build I'm going for, I just want a decent build I can bring to the star chart that can give my Warframe perma-energy bling.

Here's my current build.

Spoiler

U6aeTEi.png

As you can see, my channeling efficiency is at 2 energy per hit, which is good for the slower and stronger Boltace. Only thing I'm wondering about is, should I use Killing Blow, the 120% channeling damage mod? It brings the damage up to 2.1x, but I'm not sure if replacing any mod for it is worth it.

6 answers to this question

Is Primed Reach really worth it on a Boltace? I mean, Greatswords, Whips, Spears, thoses have long reach to begin with so Primed Reach works wonders, but is it really worth it on Boltace since it's fairly short ranged if I remember right.

Just now, Ghostars said:

Is Primed Reach really worth it on a Boltace? I mean, Greatswords, Whips, Spears, thoses have long reach to begin with so Primed Reach works wonders, but is it really worth it on Boltace since it's fairly short ranged if I remember right.

I use Primed Reach on literally everything. Not using Primed Reach on short weapons is like not using Fury on slow weapons. At least, that's how I see it.

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

I use Primed Reach on literally everything. Not using Primed Reach on short weapons is like not using Fury on slow weapons. At least, that's how I see it.

Hmm maybe I'm wrong then. I seem to recall adding Primed Reach on a weapon with low reach doing not much. Kind of like adding a 120% puncture mod on a weapon with like 5.5 puncture. Not worth the investment, but if your sure go for it. I could very well be wrong when it comes to reach.

Try it out and see how your energy is. If going channeling, I almost always put in Killing Blow for the extra damage, otherwise it just isn't worth it (I know you said you don't care). But I mention that just because for a slow swinging weapon, you may not need the efficiency since the energy is only deducted on each hit. So you may want better damage on each of those hits.

The other reason why I'd say drop the Reflex Coil is because you have Focus Energy in there which I believe causes you to go beyond the efficiency cap. So it is somewhat redundant and a wasted slot that you could use on something else. Focus Energy should be enough and gives you the bonus electrical damage. For faster swinging weapons you'll definitely need the added efficiency though.

You could probably do something with the Life Strike slot as well. Maybe bump up the status chance if you'd like to go with the large range you have.

Primed reach and reach only works well on certain weapons.  i don't know why though.  Maybe DE messed up on some weapons.

17 minutes ago, Ghostars said:

pretty much this

Just think about armor stat for warframes.  Armor mods work better on warframes with the highest armor base stat

Edited by VampirePirate