Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity Booster Should Last For Game Time Not Real World Time

weezedog

Affinity Boosters are great for when you are polarizing multiple items, but the time they last is based on real-world time and not game time. So if you can't be online every day because you have a real world life with a job and friend/family obligations they go mostly to waste. A lot of people can only play a couple hours a day if that.

Would recommend you convert the 3-day and 7-day boosters to game-time, with something like 1 day equaling 8hrs of game time. So a 3-day booster would become a 24hr of game time booster, and the 7-day booster would be 56hrs of game time. Or other numbers that seem appropriate, something that isn't too little, but isn't too high as well. That way if you can't get on for a few days or a week or two, your booster doesn't go completely to waste. You might end up selling more of them that way, if your players know they won't get wasted being offline.

^^^

What he said.

I was tempted to buy one (and a credit booster) but then I saw that they only last for 3 days IRL time and I was like "Um, how about no." because my average span of playing Warframe is only like 1-2 hours a day. Maybe 3-4 on a day I have off work.

1 to 4 hours seems fair to me.

1 hour? that's like.......2 missions unless you rush the map. Maybe 3 if you actually kill SOME stuff, but Parkour whenever possible and skip the side-rooms.

lol.

That wouldn't be worth the plat.

IMO: 10 hours gametime.

Edited by Xylia

• 3 weeks later...

ive just found this post after buying an affinity booster and i agree they should be changed to in game time. As no no one can play for 3 days none stop so id say over half your booster just gets wasted.

But i personally think the 3 day booster should be in game time as it is not just 10 hours.

Last night, my friend and I were farming Orokin Cells from Ruk (we were doing lowbie frames, so weren't confident enough to take on Kril with those low level setups).

We got......quite a lot of XP.

I was tempted to buy an Affinity Booster before we started, but then I got to thinking...

Last night was Thursday.

Friday, Today, I work 11:30AM-7:30PM. I'd have, maybe an hour or two to play Warframe after getting home from work.

Saturday, I work 12PM-9PM, pretty much zero Warframe time.

Sunday, I work 11:30AM, so very little if any time to play Warframe in the morning. Get home at 5PM, but I've RL obligations that would take 2-3 hours.

By then, the Affinity Booster would have worn off and it would have been an absolute waste of platinum.

Now, IF the Affinity Booster gave, say, 12 hours of in-mission XP bonus or something like that, it would have totally been worth it.