The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Run Tips

Gefy

Question

So, currently I have like 7-8 Void missions but I don't do them because I always die and waste my revives. Basically, I don't like aborting because of death. So, does anyone have any tips or tricks for void runs?

Here's my loadout:

Excalibur Rank 30

Boltor Unranked (I will rank this up before doing more Void runs)

Twin Viper Rank 4(I never use secondary)

Dex Dakra Rank 5(Already OP as S#&$)

So, yeah, thanks in advance.

latest?cb=20140213100937

8 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Gefy said:

So, currently I have like 7-8 Void missions but I don't do them because I always die and waste my revives. Basically, I don't like aborting because of death. So, does anyone have any tips or tricks for void runs?

Here's my loadout:

Excalibur Rank 30

latest?cb=20140213100937

Teamwork ^.^ 

Not kidding find another tenno to do it with you. 

Go to recruiting channel and ask something like "Host TX MissionType no speed run pls i'm a new tenno" ( X being the tier of the tower and mission type is exterminate,capture etc)

This way you will get Tenno willing to help you and not speed running their way out like crazy.

I see you got your dex dakra ^.^ so that mean you have Dex Furis and Dex Sybaris. I strongly advise you to change your twin viper for the Dex Furis at this rank you will see a big difference.

2 minutes ago, The66Monkey said:

That looks like an ok loadout, what void exactly? are you trying to solo T4 defence?

Everything is more fun and easier with friends, i would recommend inviting some people either from clan or recruiting chat.

I try to do T1 to start with but, I do have a few T2 and T3 defense. I do have a clan but, I just joined yesterday, so yeah.

Max out your gear before going to the void if you want to go there solo. Or at least Primary+Melee if you're not into using a secondary. But if you're going Defense or Survival, since the Boltor is not really ammo efficient, having a consistant secondary is recommended.

If you're having trouble going solo with T3 and T4 (you shouldn't have any problems for at least T1 T2 Exter/Capture/Survivals[20min]/Sabotage), find a squad in the recruitment in game chat.

Also, Excal lvl 30 means nothing to me if you're not saying how you modded him.

Just now, matto said:

Max out your gear before going to the void if you want to go there solo. Or at least Primary+Melee if you're not into using a secondary. But if you're going Defense or Survival, since the Boltor is not really ammo efficient, having a consistant secondary is recommended.

If you're having trouble going solo with T3 and T4 (you shouldn't have any problems for at least T1 T2 Exter/Capture/Survivals[20min]/Sabotage), find a squad in the recruitment in game chat.

Also, Excal lvl 30 means nothing to me if you're not saying how you modded him.

well, yeah I don't have picture perfect memeory but I know I have pretty crappy health: 420-ish shield and 480-ish health

19 minutes ago, Gefy said:

I try to do T1 to start with but, I do have a few T2 and T3 defense. I do have a clan but, I just joined yesterday, so yeah.

Ok with an excal you should not run defence, It can be done but it's not a defensive frame. When you get high lvl and have the right mods you can exalted blade forever but untill then don't try to solo defence. Run some Exterminates or Survivals or something where you can stay mobile.

If you want to get help doing defence go to recruiting and write "H T1 def, need frost" if you get even a half ok frost to join you can go 20 or 40 rounds without a care.

56 minutes ago, Gefy said:

Here's my loadout:

Excalibur Rank 30

latest?cb=20140213100937

get into draco and rank those weapons all the way up, get potatos on them and several forma

get some z lenses and max out passive energy siphon node... pop focus ability asap in each mission

equip energy, siphon, rush and armored agility

spam blind, run fast and do lots of double jumps and bullet jumps

kill everything

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

What you lack is good and leveled mods for your warframe and weapons. I assume you are quite new to this game (please forgive me if I'm wrong).

If you don't have orokin reactor/catalists (potatoes) in your frame and weapons you should concentrate on few damage increasing mods for the weapon and survivability for your frame.

For the weapon: As high rank of serration as you can get + some elemental damage mods also as high as you can but watch for the limit. The best for the void would be toxin (Infected Clip) and electricity (Stormbringer) if you have both. It would give you corrosive damage type very effective against most enemies you can find there.

For your frame you want high shields and heath but also power efficiency (Streamline) and power strength (Intensify)

With such setup you should be able to relatively easily clear T1 and T2 even without potatoes. Especially easier ones as extermination, capture or mobile defense.