Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New place to farm affinity?

Ilmarion

Question

Now that Draco has been buffed, it's awfully difficult to farm affinity while using more than one weapon to level, especially when the players you get/you bring really low equipment, or frames/weapons that don't help the objective anymore. Is there a different place I can go to farm affinity? I'm finding it more and more difficult to get past a single round of draco with random players.

22 answers to this question

Apollodorus will be a good place to get a hang of how your weapon works. Believe me. You learn more about the weapon by using. Rather than just watching it get to 30 without any kind of work. I don't see a reason to somebody have a smile on their face about what they achieved in one month and what took me near 3 years. Gives a really bad taste in to my mouth. Nothing else really.

I have had all kind of weapons and still have pretty much all of the warframes in my disposal. And I know how to play with them. Play style, strengths and weaknesses.

14 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Literally any mission that is not Draco. Is this seriously so hard? Why do people need a cheesy place to level- leveling is fast no matter where you go if you just play the game properly...

Somebody told me that's how the newer generation is nowadays, everybody needs fast results. 

Poor Ralfie had to wait for weeks by his mailbox to get his decoder ring only to find out that he should drink more Ovaltine ;/

3 hours ago, Revel72 said:

Apollodorus will be a good place to get a hang of how your weapon works. Believe me. You learn more about the weapon by using. Rather than just watching it get to 30 without any kind of work. I don't see a reason to somebody have a smile on their face about what they achieved in one month and what took me near 3 years. Gives a really bad taste in to my mouth. Nothing else really.

I have had all kind of weapons and still have pretty much all of the warframes in my disposal. And I know how to play with them. Play style, strengths and weaknesses.

you learn nothing about a weapon at levels 0-15, because the weapon is totally different when it gets to 30 and completely different from a level 0 weapon when it's lvl 30 with a potato and 4 forma.

it's a often repeated and silly misconception is that a player becomes more skilled or knows their weapon better by playing a weapon from level 0-20.  It's just not true.  weapons at level 15 are different weapons with hugely different damage configurations compared to the same weapon at level 30.

so because you weren't creative enough to find a draco, you've got a bad taste in your mouth? poor you 

Just now, (PS4)whiskey_14 said:

Somebody told me that's how the newer generation is nowadays, everybody needs fast results. 

Poor Ralfie had to wait for weeks by his mailbox to get his decoder ring only to find out that he should drink more Ovaltine ;/

It's because the newer generations have been brought up with an unhealthy amount of instant gratification through technology. God I'm happy I wasn't born a few years later and never bought a smart phone.

3 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Literally any mission that is not Draco. Is this seriously so hard? Why do people need a cheesy place to level- leveling is fast no matter where you go if you just play the game properly...

why do cheesy players judge how others play their game?  maybe you'd like me to tell you how to play your game? if not, keep quiet please.  

and playing a game 'properly' has always been about finding creative ways to accomplish goals from farming neurodes to farming prime parts.

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

6 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

why do cheesy players judge how others play their game?  maybe you'd like me to tell you how to play your game? if not, keep quiet please.  

and playing a game 'properly' has always been about finding creative ways to accomplish goals from farming neurodes to farming prime parts.

I don't judge how people want to play. I do however get a little peeved when 80% of the playerbase does absolutely nothing but sitting on one crate on one node all day every day pressing 2 or 4- and nothing else. That's not playing, and when 80% of the playerbase does not play, it's not much of a PLAYERbase.

I say properly as in actually interacting with the game more than pressing 1 button. That is not playing. You are not "playing" the game if you are not even giving it 1/4 of your attention. You are simply sitting there with it running in the background essentially. Pressing 1 button nonstop is not creative- it's the exact opposite.

16 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

I don't judge how people want to play. I do however get a little peeved when 80% of the playerbase does absolutely nothing but sitting on one crate on one node all day every day pressing 2 or 4- and nothing else. That's not playing, and when 80% of the playerbase does not play, it's not much of a PLAYERbase.

I say properly as in actually interacting with the game more than pressing 1 button. That is not playing. You are not "playing" the game if you are not even giving it 1/4 of your attention. You are simply sitting there with it running in the background essentially. Pressing 1 button nonstop is not creative- it's the exact opposite.

"I don't judge how people want to play." " I do however get a little peeved when 80% of the playerbase does absolutely nothing but sitting on one crate on one node all day every day pressing 2 or 4- and nothing else."

4 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

you learn nothing about a weapon at levels 0-15, because the weapon is totally different when it gets to 30 and completely different from a level 0 weapon when it's lvl 30 with a potato and 4 forma.

it's a often repeated and silly misconception is that a player becomes more skilled or knows their weapon better by playing a weapon from level 0-20.  It's just not true.  weapons at level 15 are different weapons with hugely different damage configurations compared to the same weapon at level 30.

I'm sorry but that's just a load of crap.  The experience of leveling countless weapons from 0-30 counts for some thing and ranking the next new weapon draws on all of that past experience. 

Mastering a weapon means you use it.  A lot.  If you chose to start that process of "using" a weapon at rank 30 with 4-6 formas already on it after sitting on Draco then more power to you.  I'm sure you also let the internet tell you what you should or shouldn't bother playing with.

But don't tell me that me using a weapon from rank 0 / 0 forma has no value.

9 hours ago, Weawyr said:

literally anywhere

No, sadly is is just not true. Most missions give horrible affinity rates.

• First of all you want Grineer (other factions and worst of all Infested give a lot less affinity)
  • You want huge amounts of enemies that spawn constantly

Those are the conditions a mission has to meet in order for you to gain decent amounts of affinity in a fair amount of time. And that is why Draco works best. It's Grineer and they spawn in huge numbers. And the fact that the mission is just one huge room and you basically can kill enemies as soon as they spawn is the icing on the cake that makes Draco more efficient than similar missions.

18 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

so because you weren't creative enough to find a draco, you've got a bad taste in your mouth? poor you 

So you say that weapons that are on level 0 can not kill enemies of near level 3? I have to go check does the place still work in case there has had been changed anything.. Just point and shoot. Believe me. Actually using the weapon you are leveling up gives you much more better vision how the weapon works and what are the weaknesses of it. For example I know that Snipertron Vandal of mine is good as long as I keep consistently landing the shots and not allow enemies get close of me and stay in areas where enemies tends to funnel up in to rows really nicely.

I can tell you. It is much more fun to play in Apollodorus than sitting in the corner of Draco. Heck with a team of 4 who are going to stay up 40 your weapon can probably reach up to 15 nearly. Games have a life span. Do you really want every game getting completed at first press of a button DeadlyPeanutt? I can make you one that kind game if you want. So should warframe be that kind of game? Game that gets completed by just standing still? From me to you. No.

Edited by Revel72

15 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

so you think that people log into WF to go to draco and have fun?  that's a silly and surprisingly common rationalization for disliking draco.  after all, a good draco is about as interesting as watching paint dry. 

draco is a means to a very valid end... the end is to get more functional weapons quickly and efficiently.   What does a player do with more functional weapons? they play other game modes/missions, and they have more fun because their weapons work better. 

no one goes to draco to enjoy themselves... they go to draco to level up weapons or get more forma on weapons in the most efficient and effective manner available.    I know many highly skilled players who play raids, sorties, hour long T4 solo survivals... but go to draco to level up their weapons.   also players are MORE likely to buy weapons for plat, knowing they can make their new weapons very functional very quickly... thus increasing, hypothetically, the profit of game makers. 

the idea that 80% of the player base goes to draco to hang out and have fun is really ridiculous. 

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

19 hours ago, Ilmarion said:

Now that Draco has been buffed, it's awfully difficult to farm affinity while using more than one weapon to level, especially when the players you get/you bring really low equipment, or frames/weapons that don't help the objective anymore. Is there a different place I can go to farm affinity? I'm finding it more and more difficult to get past a single round of draco with random players.

if draco has been nerfed, it's hard to tell.. today i rhino buffed in draco with two level 0 weapons equipped (primary and secondary).  We went 2 rounds (the second round as a 3 cap... or shortened round), and i went from level 0 to 30 on both weapons. (btw, we were running 2 rhino buffers, so that may have helped)

if draco has had XP nerfed, it's difficult to tell that. 

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

2 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

draco is a means to a very valid end... the end is to get more functional weapons quickly and efficiently.

I used to accept that until over 5 different draco players told me that they were quitting the game because there was nothing else to do- after leveling everything and never even actually using it.

Draco farmers want to level for MR, and don't think there's anything in the game to do but level. They never plan to use the weapons. They never want to actually go and have fun with the different stuff the game has to offer. They never want to try out new things, just use the same combination of pressing one button over... and over. AND OVER AND OVER. It's absolutely insane.

Thanks for the answers guys, I tried out Akkad and it worked out pretty well! I also found out that my generation is inferior because of technology so the more you know.

Thank god for people born a few years earlier, honestly right? We should all just worship these people because golly they are just so great.

200_s.gif

2 hours ago, Ilmarion said:

Thanks for the answers guys, I tried out Akkad and it worked out pretty well! I also found out that my generation is inferior because of technology so the more you know.

Thank god for people born a few years earlier, honestly right? We should all just worship these people because golly they are just so great.

200_s.gif

lel

On 3/24/2016 at 6:38 PM, Stratego89 said:

you play your way, i'll play mine... and i'll do my best not to call you cheesy and accuse you of not playing the game properly