Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Devs,major Flaw & Player Bombardment

VariableZero

who gets turned away? what? why would someone get turned away? you can achieve EVERY SINGLE thing in this game without paying real life money. real life money is for CONVINIENCE. if you want a weapons collection.. you have to pay. if you dont want to pay. SELL them. you dont get hindered in any way. except for potatoes.. they are not farmable. and this is beta. everything can change to droprates and loottables. but slots.. man i dont see the problem. 

thats like getting a beer on the house and asking for a tequilla in addition. 

It's a content block, "Pay or throw away your weapons". The mastery system is directly tied into this block, forcing players to be rid of the frames and weapons they might enjoy if they want to progress. That's pretty hindering. These sorts of things make free players want to stop playing, and that is a direct detriment to the game and it's player base. And no, it's not like getting a beer on the house, free players serve a role in the game. They keep they community healthy and populated, and this encourages payed players to keep playing and keep paying. Letting free players know that they aren't being slighted for not paying makes them far more likely to pay in the future.

Anyway, whether or not you see the problem with slots doesn't matter. Because you're wrong.

I discussed this issue (in-game) during the last month of CB, and said that DE did not have to address this concern at the moment, due to them not having enough variety in terms of frame/weapons, but it would be an issue that will be a controversial topic that will only grow in size as the game grows. 

Unfortunately, DE seems to be procrastinating, and at this point in time; when we have 14 frames and a plethora of weapons available to us this very moment: 2 starting frame slots and 8 weapon slots are immediately going to set flags for any newcomer who sees and compares what they can "potentially" keep vs the vast amount of items out there, and most if not every one of them will see this as being a forced incentive to pay platinum just to even have a reasonably BASIC load-out, while testing newer frame/weapons to see if they would like them and buy said slots because they WANT TO.

Not to mention that the first frame slot is automatically occupied by your starting frame: 1 of 14 DIVERSE units who are each unique in their own individual way.  Players are going to want to explore and delve into what suits them, but that 2 slot cap + the required effort/time to get one of the other 13 frames = hesitation and deterrence from testing out what may ultimately not be what they want to play as and would = wasted time/effort, because now they have to DELETE 3 days worth or more of time, just to make space for another frame, which may or may not be what they're into.  

This concern is only going to escalate and grow proportionately equal to the amount of content DE continues to pour into the game, and I hope they are able address it sooner rather than later, because the issue is NOT about cheap-skates who want-it-all-for-free; rather, it's about being able to feel out the game and be able to see if it's what you like, which includes being able to test and re-use older built frames to compare/contrast.  The current slot availability is pure constriction on a player from the get-go, and anyone with common sense will quickly realize that the game has a pay-wall that limits you from a majority of the content, unless you either buy plat or flush what you spent time/effort crafting, in order to test new things to see if you like it.  You CANNOT even keep a basic load-out of what you like and "try" the newer frame/weapons, without having that constrictor tighten up around your neck and suffocating you UNTIL YOU BUY MORE SLOTS.

Having that discount as a potential login reward was also a very bad move and adds more shoddiness to the situation.  I'm just saddened by the fact that people are defending what even DE admitted was an issue that needed to be addressed and fixed accordingly, but I suppose white knights will be white knights.

Edited by AcewingX

The discounts are just another way DE is pressuring player to buy platinum, and it still doesn't negate the fact that you have to pay to play the game in any real measure.

Maybe I don´t understand something here,but you wanna play this fun game and have all the stuff available without "sacrifice"anything?

I´m saying this,because all my games in my life I paid and (tbh) I don´t understand this principle "Free2play".

I mean,someone has to make(maintain) this game and these people probably have to earn something for like, life.

They keep they community healthy and populated

AHAHAHAHA

Letting free players know that they aren't being slighted for not paying makes them far more likely to pay in the future.

OMG MY RIBS ARE CRACKING!

Because you're wrong.

No. You.

While I think its helpful to get slots with mastery rank ups, it would bring a purpose to actually leveling it up. What you're instigating is quite... interesting... :)

Edited by CloudPies

Maybe I don´t understand something here,but you wanna play this fun game and have all the stuff available without "sacrifice"anything?

I´m saying this,because all my games in my life I paid and (tbh) I don´t understand this principle "Free2play".

I mean,someone has to make(maintain) this game and these people probably have to earn something for like, life.

Then LoL, Dota 2 and TF2 must be doing something catastrophically wrong. Your idea about F2P is dated and is responsible for the failures of many F2P games

Perhaps you should refer to my multiple post regarding Free to Play player economy. Should be easy considering that they're in this very thread -___-

It's a content block, "Pay or throw away your weapons". The mastery system is directly tied into this block, forcing players to be rid of the frames and weapons they might enjoy if they want to progress. That's pretty hindering. These sorts of things make free players want to stop playing, and that is a direct detriment to the game and it's player base. And no, it's not like getting a beer on the house, free players serve a role in the game. They keep they community healthy and populated, and this encourages payed players to keep playing and keep paying. Letting free players know that they aren't being slighted for not paying makes them far more likely to pay in the future.

Anyway, whether or not you see the problem with slots doesn't matter. Because you're wrong.

Again I put the level 4 Mastery argument across.

Max 8 weapons and 2 warframes to  level 30, which is the base amount.

Heck most people even sell their MK1, Lato and Skana after they are done.

Giving themselves 5 space.

Hit Mastery 4. You get a new frame slot and and 2 weapon slots.

How is that an issue ?

Oh i bring up another point in Combat arms.

Do you know you can only "rent guns" in combat arms ?

The game automatically throws them away for you after a day or a week. 

Depending on how much ingame credit you are willing to pay.

The only time you could purchase weapons for permanent was through cash, although like at USD $20 bucks.

You can rarely buy permanent weapons with in game credit.

In my experience I have played quite a number of MMOs. 

Sword of the new world (requires cash shop item to expand your inventory for a FIXED duration only and cash item for barracks slots)

Shattered Galaxy (non-payers get a HP, DAMAGE AND a STAT penalty. On top of that payers can use gold weapons and reincarnate to tip the scales further with larger army size)

Combat Arms (rental weapons. Cash purchased weapons are often over powered and can be made permanent)

League of Legends (riot points to unlock champions)

After running through with so many F2P mmos, I find Warframe system far more lenient.

But we can make it better by giving slots for mastery levels.

AHAHAHAHA

OMG MY RIBS ARE CRACKING!

No. You.

While I think its helpful to get slots with mastery rank ups, it would bring a purpose to actually leveling it up. What you're instigating is quite... interesting... :)

Rather silly of you to call the truth wrong, perhaps you'd like to proffer an argument as to why I'm wrong? One without capslock, and pointless sarcasm would be grand.

Then LoL, Dota 2 and TF2 must be doing something catastrophically wrong. Your idea about F2P is dated and is responsible for the failures of many F2P games

Maybe,I never played F2P game before,but I´m dinosaur,who had to work for everything in my life,even pleasure.

Edited by zorinho20

Perhaps you should refer to my multiple post regarding Free to Play player economy. Should be easy considering that they're in this very thread -___-

Gladly,but I´m to old too change:(

Edited by zorinho20

Again I put the level 4 Mastery argument across.

Max 8 weapons and 2 warframes to  level 30, which is the base amount.

Heck most people even sell their MK1, Lato and Skana after they are done.

Giving themselves 5 space.

Hit Mastery 4. You get a new frame slot and and 2 weapon slots.

How is that an issue ?

Oh i bring up another point in Combat arms.

Do you know you can only "rent guns" in combat arms ?

The game automatically throws them away for you after a day or a week. 

Depending on how much ingame credit you are willing to pay.

The only time you could purchase weapons for permanent was through cash, although like at USD $20 bucks.

You can rarely buy permanent weapons with in game credit.

In my experience I have played quite a number of MMOs. 

Sword of the new world (requires cash shop item to expand your inventory for a FIXED duration only and cash item for barracks slots)

Shattered Galaxy (non-payers get a HP, DAMAGE AND a STAT penalty. On top of that payers can use gold weapons and reincarnate to tip the scales further with larger army size)

Combat Arms (rental weapons. Cash purchased weapons are often over powered and can be made permanent)

After running through with so many F2P mmos, I find Warframe system far more lenient.

I hate these "better by comparison" arguments. One's bad behavior does not excuse another's even if it seems a bit less toxic. And I've addressed your idea already.

They should focus less on trying to get people to buy slots and more on things that add flavour to the game. I'd gladly buy the colour pack if slots were free or earned via in-game progression.

This is something they should focus on. It does perplex me how little warframes business model is focusing on cosmetic pay content over actual game altering content. After all this is the business model that is proven to work. I think Blatantfools idea is perfect it provides a good balance.

The thing they think about is slots for progression. Every 2 masterys, a new slot.

Other than that? No...

You are playing a free to play game. There has to be a way of income.

I'm awfully tired of explaining why content blocking free players is a bad idea, refer to my previous posts.

My point still stands.

Slots for credits is too easily obtains thanks to Void keys dropping like loot pinatas.

Crafting slots via forma or potatoes is even sillier. 

Giving slots for Mastery level gives more incentive to grind then just unlocking a bunch of weapons.  

I'm awfully tired of explaining why content blocking free players is a bad idea, refer to my previous posts.

And I am tired of seeing the same sh*** popping up every 2 days. So what. Its not even content block. You can get all this stuff.

You just cant have it all at once. Its a psychological thing..

Go ask the LoL forums or reddit which one they've spent more on, skins or champions. Better yet look in LoL's store and see which one makes up the bulk of their store.

The only diffference between a paying LoL player and a LoL player with time on their hands is the rate they can purchase champions, and skins.

Too many things you have to spend platinum on right now:

- Slots

- Formas, Reactors, Catalysts

- Certain Weapons/Warframes (Glaive, Vauban)

- Void keys (The worst offender since it's not a set ammount of platinum before you get what you want)

I think it's time to make slots credit based or at least give an option to buy a slot for, say, 100k credits. There's more than enough other stuff to get your bread and butter from now, DE.

Too many things you have to spend platinum on right now:

- Slots

- Formas, Reactors, Catalysts

- Certain Weapons/Warframes (Glaive, Vauban)

- Void keys (The worst offender since it's not a set ammount of platinum before you get what you want)

I think it's time to make slots credit based or at least give an option to buy a slot for, say, 100k credits. There's more than enough other stuff to get your bread and butter from now, DE.

100k xD

Really. Make it a million and we are good

Go ask the LoL forums or reddit which one they've spent more on, skins or champions. Better yet look in LoL's store and see which one makes up the bulk of their store.

The only diffference between a paying LoL player and a LoL player with time on their hands is the rate they can purchase champions, and skins.

It is exactly of that silly champion purchase nature that I rate Dota 2 higher over LoL. 

Yes Dota 2 is the perfect free to play game, everything is cosmetic or buff battle points gain.

Except in these MOBA games.

You do not have the ability to keep characters which take up server space.

Other than battle points gain and some aesthetic looks, there is nothing to track for you at all.

At any one point of time, you are controlling only 1 character who is always the same.

Nothing needs to be stored. Except replays, your W/L ratio and your aesthetic items.

In this game, there are thousands of Excaliburs, but each of them has a different load out, different levels, different mods.

I know someone who put both Flow and Streamline so he can use Excalibur like a caster.

That's the difference.

And I am tired of seeing the same sh*** popping up every 2 days. So what. Its not even content block. You can get all this stuff.

You just cant have it all at once. Its a psychological thing..

Actually it IS a content block. I ALSO explained this in my OTHER posts. The ones you neglected to read, it would seem.

My point still stands.

Slots for credits is too easily obtains thanks to Void keys dropping like loot pinatas.

Crafting slots via forma or potatoes is even sillier. 

Giving slots for Mastery level gives more incentive to grind then just unlocking a bunch of weapons.  

Giving slots every mastery level makes far more sense, 1 weapons slot every level and 1 frame slot every other level seems reasonable. A player could accumulate a decent amount of space to keep weapons they like and some slots to cycle the weapons they need to level, same for frames. Also, considering the time it takes to level at later ranks should allay your misplaced fears of players actually being able to access game content and DE going bankrupt. >.>

Edited by iamLoveless

LOL this again...

The reason this subject keeps commming up with new players,

Is because they feel ripped off,

what does people do when they feel ripped off?

-They leave and find another game to play,..

Is this concept then in the best interrest of the DE?

-Hell no, they will loose a big potientiel paying pool of theyr playerbase,..

convienience and cosmetics should be all you had to pay for, Not core gameplay features...

Edited by D3ST

Actually it IS a content block. I ALSO explained this in my OTHER posts. The ones you neglected to read, it would seem.

It is a content block for you...

I say give people one slot for every mastery. lvl1 weapon lvl2frame lvl3 weapon and so on. Making lvl30 gear also raising the rank bar wont

make it impossible in the beginning. Slots should be obtainable for free players, thats true. But with some kind of effort behind it. Credit purchase? Never. Or at least 1000k

Edited by Venarge

thats so true.. Im trying to make more than a few warframes myself but i dont want to spend money and i have to make multiple accounts just to get more warframes.. and all my mods and stuff are separated 

Oh my god....boohoo...drop 10 bucks and get all the slots you can handle

its 10 damn dollars.....