Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valha's Fan Doodles. Update 11/4/'13 Super Sketchy Hawkframe

ValhaHazred

Well, it's not Pirates, but I've been fighting this guy for a week now (drop Ash systems you great dirty b!) so I felt the need to draw my interpretation.

Tyl Regor is fabu. Therefore he has a fancy robe and low heels. Seriously, I love how camp he comes across and I hope they keep it when he gets an update.

He's close to reversing the effects of clone degradation on his people and has used himself as a guinea pig. It's not perfect yet so he's still wrinkly and has some discoloured patches of skin.

Boss fight stage one!

0qfs.jpg

Tyl is described as having the best in Grineer offensive and defensive technologies, so he wields an experimental Grineer Plasmar rifle.

DSMK2, on 01 Sept 2013 - 1:24 PM, said:

c4MVPiG.png

One of the first Grineer 'energy' weapons, it uses superheated detonite for ammo; the detonite plasma is contained within strong magnetic coils which also push it out of the weapon.

The Plasmar does not have a charge time.

'Aiming' the weapon allows the plasma shot to be guided to a target (much like Nova's Antimatter Drop) through invisible magnetic beams. However the range of this feature is fairly short.

Proposed Stats:

• Base Damage: 80
  • Base Firing Rate: 2
  • Base Clip Size: 5
  • Base Reload Speed: 3sec
(Hope you don't mind, DSMK2)

He also has a ridiculously powerful shield. Although it can be hammered through with enough raw damage, you can shoot the unstable Plasmar till it explodes, crashing Tyl's shields and starting phase 2.

Stage 2!

v0er.jpg

When his overshields go down, Tyl throws his gun aside and rips off his cloak. Alternatively, if his Plasmar is destroyed his cloak catches fire and burns away

He then activates his knockoff Ash skills, gaining a speed boost, arm blades for melee attacks and the low cap fast recharge shields he has ingame right now. He will throw smokebombs all over the place to restrict vision and can teleport, which he uses to get into melee and arm blade the crap out of Tenno.

Edited by ValhaHazred

More Pirates! I've got bosses this time. I've decided to start calling them the Zaan.

Cpt. Hal Kanto

"Hal Kanto is a smuggler and an expert in stealth technologies. He and his ghost fleet have been running black market goods on behalf of the Corpus for decades. Bringing him down should do severe damage to Corpus profits in this system." - The Lotus

ce5f.jpg

"Who are you people? How did you get on my ship!?"

"Please don't kill me, I have plat!"

"Why is this happening to me!?"

Fight

His boss arena is a maze of corridors. When Hal’s shields drop he uses a cloaking field and activates nearby Moa dispensers to bring Pirate Bomb Moa to cover his escape. He has a number of equipment crates from which he can grab various Corpus guns. He also has a unique plasma pistol "Leara" he will begin to use when dropped to 25% health.

Cpt. Mel Zaehar

"Captain Zaehar is the leader of the Havocs, she personally recruits and trains them to be the best mercenaries and assassins the Zaan can offer. Rumour has it she is a personal friend of the Twin Queens and has a hand in the Grineer Scorpion project. Hopefully her defeat will deal a blow to both the Grineer and the Zaan." - The Lotus

s317.jpg

"Come get some!"

"Have you ever thought of becoming a pirate?"

"I'll tear that silly suit off with my bare hands!"

Fight

The fight with Mel occurs at the top of a ruined building, with Mel riding a flying pack with a pair of cannons on it. The vehicle sacrifices it's own protection to shield Mel. She can be defeated without destroying her flyer, but it's much easier to shoot her down.

When the flyer crashes she will walk out of the wreckage like a boss and fight the Tenno, but not before calling in her Havoks. They will airdrop in at regular intervals throughout the rest of the fight.

On the ground she fights hand to hand with the "Blast Knuckle" a gauntlet weapon that fires concussive projectiles when charged. She also has an Aura shield that shoots lightning at Tenno in close range and a single target Pull power.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Haha the Zaan....I know my nerdiness will be showing but this is awfully similar to the Zann Consortium. Although...ok maybe not since the ZC was far more than just a band of space pirates.

Also Mel sounds awesome. I can picture it in my head...much closer to traditional bosses than most of the others in Warframe.

I just looked up Zann and wow, I am the master of coincidence. I may have to rename my space!pirates. I don't like being too close to an existing franchise. Especially one owned by Disney!

I think I'll go with something with a Chinese sound to it.

Edited by ValhaHazred

I just looked up Zann and wow, I am the master of coincidence. I may have to rename my space!pirates. I don't like being too close to an existing franchise. Especially one owned by Disney!

I think I'll go with something with a Chinese sound to it.

Haha it's not a big deal. I'm sure some people at Disney don't even know about that. They bought the franchise, doesn't mean they are experts on the subject.

To alleviate the painful wait for u10, I drew another pirate boss.

Yay more updates! So, can we see a more...experienced scavenger?

Scav

"Scav has never progressed beyond the rank of Scavenger by his own choice. He is not a leader of any kind, preferring to be simply pointed at the enemy. He is immensely powerful in single combat and can pose a threat to even the most prepared Tenno cell." - the Lotus

utdg.jpg

"Prepare yourself for the ultimate battle!"

"After I kill you, maybe I'll find something useful in that gaudy suit of yours"

"Ha ha! This is the best fight of my life!"

Fight

The fight with Scav takes place in a jungle ruin. Although Scav doesn’t have multiple phases, he is still a difficult and unpredictable opponent. He has every skill package available to Scavengers (traps, medic pylons, physical shield) and he wears a suit of homemade power armour cobbled together from Grineer and Corpus technology.

The Shockwave Moa legs he used to craft his exoskeleton allow him to charge his sword and shield with shockwave energy. So empowered the sword will send anything struck flying, and the shield can repel attacks back to their origin. He can also strike the ground for a more traditional shockwave attack.

The modified Hellion pack he wears allows him to make ridiculously fast flying charges.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Clearly I am obsessed with space!pirates.

Cannoneer

o9s5.jpg

These armoured and shielded troopers wield the heavy weapons of the Zaan fleet. Since they aren't as strong as the Transhuman Tenno and Grineer they have to lug their big guns around in a chainsaw grip.

Crow

amm7.jpg

Scouts and snipers specializing in killing shielded targets. They carry specially made cryo rifles designed to crash shields in a single shot. Their ragged cloaks grant them a temporary flickering invisibility field.

Cpt. Ross Kantari

"This mysterious Zaan captain is renowned for both his secrecy and his insanity. He is easily the most aggressive of the Captains and many wonder why the Admiralty keeps him around, worrying that he will overstep his bounds and pick a fight the Zaan can’t finish. So far however his effectiveness in combat and his peculiar ability to evade the Infested keeps him in favour." - The Lotus

m8o9.jpg

"I'm not what you think I am. Leave while you still can."

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!"

"SKreeeeEEEH!"

Fight

The battle against Kantari begins with him hidden inside a turreted and shielded bunker. When the Tenno destroy his turrets he steps out of the bunker to bring the fight to them. He wields a Zaan harpoon pistol and a massive hook. He will fight normally until his armoured helmet is blown off, revealing a skull like face surrounded by tendrils. Lotus will say “It appears Captain Kantari is some kind of Infested creature. How is it possible it kept it’s mind? Destroy it quickly so I can get a sample!”

Kantari goes berserk and attacks with acid vomit and his hook, revealed to be the bladed tip of a long tentacle.

Pirate guns

ae9a.jpg

Fusillade- the giant minigun most Cannoneers wield. It fires heavy slugs like the Seer.

Glacier- a cryo rifle wielded by Zaan Crows. It fires an explosive spike of ice that coats it's target with sticky cryofluid. Cryo fluid can be removed with dodge rolls.

Privateer- a large semi-auto coilgun. Used by some Cannoneers.

DepthCharge- a single shot guided missile launcher. It deals slightly more damage than the Ogris, but is much slower.

Edited by ValhaHazred

• 2 weeks later...