Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid is not "playable," it's trollable

CosmicHermitCrab

Hydroid is not "playable," meaning you can actually play him, but you will most likely have mechanical problems. I think hydroid's kit needs some improvement, but that's not even what I'm upset about. I was playing hydroid with a friend and it was only the two of us doing a tower 1 mobile defense. The mission was easy, but we both experienced lag / fps issues due to the tentacle swarm. My issues were minor, but his issues was kinda annoying because he wanted me to stop using the ability. We were able to complete the mission, without me using my 4th ability, since it was an easy one, but what if it was a harder mission? What if I was playing with strangers and they too experience issues due to my 4th ability? What if I wanted to cause issues to other player intentionally using Hydroid? In other words, this problem shouldn't even exist, especially since there are newer frames now. I want this ability, tentacle swarm, fixed on the mechanical level so that I can play hydroid without worrying about causing trouble for other random players. I play with random players a lot, but I don't want to be a jerk and cause them annoyance. I just put a reactor on hydroid and I enjoyed playing him, but this problem he has just should not freaking exist, period. I had no similar problems with other frames. This is potentially worst than a freaking troll loki or a clueless limbo.

Edited by WingGun
clarity

Yeah, Tentacle Swarm is basically a button to make any game lag. The ragdolling of bodies and living enemies on the tentacles is probably the root cause of this, which I don't know if they can fix without some functionality change to the ability itself (knockdown instead of ragdoll?)

Combine with Tempest Barrage spamming fields of giant raindrops to overheat any low-end graphics cards!

7 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Yeah, Tentacle Swarm is basically a button to make any game lag. The ragdolling of bodies and living enemies on the tentacles is probably the root cause of this, which I don't know if they can fix without some functionality change to the ability itself (knockdown instead of ragdoll?)

Combine with Tempest Barrage spamming fields of giant raindrops to overheat any low-end graphics cards!

I rather them change the ability completely than keep it the way it currently is. Other players will just scream if I was to spam my ult a bunch, which I can.

Edited by WingGun

the old pilfering swarm was the best hydroid

yeah it reduced his kit versatility but you could reliable bring him for one specific purpose, performed it very well generating 4x loot in a burst on specific defined areas of enemies at expensive energy costs and very short duration which didnt lag the game or kill fps like the newer iteration

it was worth fielding him for that alone but now he can roll with his full kit which is fun but it kills fps on top of being a hard pick compared to other warframes role wise 

maybe yoour friend should try playing the game on lower graphics if he cant afford a decent computer ?

im always at 60 fps  probably 90 ish if i uncap it  and my computer isnt a 2000+$ monstrosity