The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept]Melody-The Enchantress

(PSN)CrazyWill718

melody_warframe_by_drkmako-da1ssum.jpg

Fanart concept credit goes towards https://forums.warframe.com/profile/1396818-xb1eternaldrk-mako/ (Xb1) EternaldrkMako

Theme Melody is meant to be a frame with high crowd control potential with a touch of healing.

Role Support/CC

Stats

Health 75(Max 200)

Shield 175(Max 250)

Energy 150(Max 300)

Armor 50

Sprint 1.15

Ablities

1. Lullaby 25-Singing a beautiful lullaby Melody puts all targets within 8/10/12/14 meters of her to sleep for 6/8/10/12 seconds 

• Affected by duration mods
  • Affected by range mods

2.Healing Song 45-Playing a song of healing Melody instantly removes all status effects and grants status immunity for all allies within 5/10/15 m for 5/6/7/8s. 

• Affected by range mods
  • Not affected by duration

3.Siren Song 75-Melody plays her siren song confusing all targets within 15/20/25/30 for 10/15/20/25s

• Affected by duration mods

4.Swan Song 50-Summoning her energy lyre gains a potent weapon.

• Tapping the primary fire button unleashes a deadly blast of sound in a cone stunning enemies.
  • Energy Drain of 5 energy per second
  • Energy affected by efficiency 
  • On death Melody unleashes one last pulse of music stunning all those around her for 6s.

warframe___melody_concept_by_noisrevortn

Just some ability artwork all credit goes towards Ailith https://forums.warframe.com/profile/42701-ailith/

If there are any suggestions for appearance or moves help will be appreciated 

Augments

1.Dream Killer-Increases the damage on sleeping  enemies by 200%

2. Rejuvenation Song-In addition to removing all status affects Melody unleashes a HoT for 10s restoring x% of health.

3.Mesmirize-Melody entralls up to 5 randomized enemies near her.

• Does not affect bosses
  • Functions off the duration of Siren Song.

4. Reinforcement- Allies in range of sound waves regain shields with the possibility of over shields for each wave that hits them.

• Each wave that hits an ally provides plus 30 to current shield amount.
Edited by (PS4)CrazyWill718

1 minute ago, Lucernam said:

Evocative theme, but I worry it has too much in common with Banshee, having a similar focus on sound.

I mean they focus on different aspects of sounds plus they're fundamentally different it's like Nezha and Ember they both are fire themed but their actual playstyles are completely different. 

12 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

I kind of like the concept. Don't see Banshee resemblance, either. Both sound, but that's the only thing. I feel she would lean more toward how Nyx plays. Of course, that's based on one of her abilities so far. Could be wrong.

Thnx and I see what you mean with the whole Nyx connection and that's why I'm trying to differentiate them but I'm having trouble with ability ideas.

Yeah, the second one resembles Nyx's first ability, taking control of an enemy(or multiple) and the first feels like it's great CC. Just a feeling, though. Looking forward to seeing the rest. 

I tried my hand at a concept of my own and it was just so tough to make something that fits in WF and hasn't been done, while also not being OP, UP, or simply outlandish. 

1 hour ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Yeah, the second one resembles Nyx's first ability, taking control of an enemy(or multiple) and the first feels like it's great CC. Just a feeling, though. Looking forward to seeing the rest. 

I tried my hand at a concept of my own and it was just so tough to make something that fits in WF and hasn't been done, while also not being OP, UP, or simply outlandish. 

I really do feel you but then there are those those that are just that good and your left wondering why don't the Dev's use those ideas.

5 hours ago, Barrett_Linwei8 said:

what's the nickname for this Warframe?

most Warframes have a nickname that portray their actions or abilities

ex: Atlas, the ________

Usagi, the _________

Wu Kong, the _______

get back to me on that and I'll add her to the Index, it shouldn't be that hard right?

I never asked for her to be put on the index though specifically because she wasn't finished.

I see you posted the third ability. Sounds like a pretty good support ability, removing status AND preventing it for an amount of time. I also like the void energy lyre you suggested on Monday, though it's taken me a while to check this thread again. Built-in items are always cool.  

Don't know if I'd want to activate the #3 very often because it would kind of be a huge energy drain. I think a slightly lowered cost would do it justice. Something in the 35-45 ballpark could keep it relatively balanced and energy-efficient enough to use with a team. Allows it to be used more strategically without also crippling your energy supply. Besides, it's not some super-move. Good utility, but not worth 75 energy. 

Of course you could also leave it alone and it would be fine the way it is. Just seemed kind of standard, IMO. Still, the mechanics could work differently than I am thinking. 

I really do like #1, but it's also a bit close for a particularly squishy frame (with only 50 armor). It's great utility, but it's got to be right around you, so it puts the player right in the middle of danger before it can be used. #2 seems solid, though I have no idea how it functions. Enthralling an enemy for a time sounds cool, but Nyx's mind control was rather underwhelming. Is it an aimed AoE/group cast or selecting individuals and recasting every time? If it's a recast every time, then it is gonna destroy your energy at the cost of 50 per cast. #3 is also close up for multiplayer, so range could be increased and it wouldn't hurt, though it's largely fine the way it is and any changes (like the ones above) would only be QoL and light utility. 

Overall, I like where it's going. Interested to see what you're cooking up for the design. 

Also, the Index is a good place to have a concept. Gives it a better chance of being seen because people do read it. 

13 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

I see you posted the third ability. Sounds like a pretty good support ability, removing status AND preventing it for an amount of time. I also like the void energy lyre you suggested on Monday, though it's taken me a while to check this thread again. Built-in items are always cool.  

Don't know if I'd want to activate the #3 very often because it would kind of be a huge energy drain. I think a slightly lowered cost would do it justice. Something in the 35-45 ballpark could keep it relatively balanced and energy-efficient enough to use with a team. Allows it to be used more strategically without also crippling your energy supply. Besides, it's not some super-move. Good utility, but not worth 75 energy. 

Of course you could also leave it alone and it would be fine the way it is. Just seemed kind of standard, IMO. Still, the mechanics could work differently than I am thinking. 

I really do like #1, but it's also a bit close for a particularly squishy frame (with only 50 armor). It's great utility, but it's got to be right around you, so it puts the player right in the middle of danger before it can be used. #2 seems solid, though I have no idea how it functions. Enthralling an enemy for a time sounds cool, but Nyx's mind control was rather underwhelming. Is it an aimed AoE/group cast or selecting individuals and recasting every time? If it's a recast every time, then it is gonna destroy your energy at the cost of 50 per cast. #3 is also close up for multiplayer, so range could be increased and it wouldn't hurt, though it's largely fine the way it is and any changes (like the ones above) would only be QoL and light utility. 

Overall, I like where it's going. Interested to see what you're cooking up for the design. 

Also, the Index is a good place to have a concept. Gives it a better chance of being seen because people do read it. 

Thnx for the feedback I guess I can make the range of the 1 greater it's just that I have no sense of range in the game. For the two I could make a aoe where 5 enemies are controlled but the rest in range are confused n for #3 another thing I was thinking was either switching it with number 2 making it the new #2 or just make a toggle with a lower base cost but also a energy cost. Also thnx for the feedback on the energy lyre unfortunately though I can't draw so I wouldn't be able to show you how it looks exactly.

About the whole index thing I do want it on the index eventually but she's still a w.i.p and it's not like I actually ever actually mentioned putting her on the index I've never even tried to because I knew she was incomplete.

• 5 weeks later...

I'll admit when I started to read this I thought of how the powers enacted so much like Nyx and Equinox.  But after a quick moment I started to think of a defense mission, and thought of how it could be different, how Melody could be used to invoke a unique feel for the mission.  Her powers would flow well enough, but I can't help but feel a little weird about her.  She's unique but I don't really see her fitting to well, I do like that her first power is just set in stone, if it wasn't then could you imagine?  My range can be up to 277% XD that'd be ridiculous. 

What else to say, perhaps a small tweak with her; yeah nope not a thing.  I really think Melody flows well by herself.  Though in all fairness, I do have a question is her first power recastable during it first duration?  If so you could power through anything easily.  That's my only issue, eh maybe bring the range on her first power down a bit more.  35 meters isn't a whole room but it's a very very big portion of one especially on a defense tile set.  But hey that's just my two cents.  If you had the time I'd ask you to go look at some of mine, Melody is so good I'd like to see what you have to say about any of my ideas. 

Hope they like her o3o

1 hour ago, Soukange said:

I'll admit when I started to read this I thought of how the powers enacted so much like Nyx and Equinox.  But after a quick moment I started to think of a defense mission, and thought of how it could be different, how Melody could be used to invoke a unique feel for the mission.  Her powers would flow well enough, but I can't help but feel a little weird about her.  She's unique but I don't really see her fitting to well, I do like that her first power is just set in stone, if it wasn't then could you imagine?  My range can be up to 277% XD that'd be ridiculous. 

What else to say, perhaps a small tweak with her; yeah nope not a thing.  I really think Melody flows well by herself.  Though in all fairness, I do have a question is her first power recastable during it first duration?  If so you could power through anything easily.  That's my only issue, eh maybe bring the range on her first power down a bit more.  35 meters isn't a whole room but it's a very very big portion of one especially on a defense tile set.  But hey that's just my two cents.  If you had the time I'd ask you to go look at some of mine, Melody is so good I'd like to see what you have to say about any of my ideas. 

Hope they like her o3o

Thank you so much I will definitely look at some of yours and I was thinking that maybe it shouldn't be recast able but I also feel as if that would cause complaints like Nyx original chaos did I got to think about it though.

11 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyWill718 said:

Thank you so much I will definitely look at some of yours and I was thinking that maybe it shouldn't be recast able but I also feel as if that would cause complaints like Nyx original chaos did I got to think about it though.

But at 35 meters for so long :T Recasting it would be op especially for the 1st power XD

Just now, (PS4)CrazyWill718 said:

True I'm just going to lower duration at max 15s.

well perhaps lowering both will make it a more apt first power, if you where to keep it how it is, then I'd say make it the third power personally.

4 minutes ago, Soukange said:

well perhaps lowering both will make it a more apt first power, if you where to keep it how it is, then I'd say make it the third power personally.

In response to this I decided to drastically lower range and duration but I'm still on the fence on whether or not to make it affected by range mods.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyWill718 said:

In response to this I decided to drastically lower range and duration but I'm still on the fence on whether or not to make it affected by range mods.

At this point you can, with the max being around 30 meters and around 28 seconds I do believe just don't let it be recastable :D

Edited by Soukange