Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Particles Ps4/pc

ForumSmurf

I watched warframe interview from E3 and i noticed that the physics spark particles were absolutely AWSOME. How does warframe do this on the ps4 i thought it was a Nvidia thing. Will it be possible to have it for AMD pc user's?

Edited by ForumSmurf

I watched warframe interview from E3 and i noticed that the physics spark particles were absolutely AWSOME. How does warframe do this on the ps4 i thought it was a Nvidia thing. Will it be possible to have it for AMD pc user's?

Well considering PS4 never announced what GPU they're using, it very well could be Nvidia.

EDIT: Scratch that, was remembering the lack of GPU stated at the XBone reveal. My bad.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

so does this mean this spark particles is possible for amd pc users in he future? Cause they make this game look soooo much prettier

I really hope.  It's like the devs are teasing me for being dumb and buying the wrong brand.

Watch whichever of the recent livestreams it was. People asked about AMD support. They said no, because the NVidia specific effects where developed in partnership with NVidia. To recreate the effects on AMD, they would either need to be rebuilt on AMD, or adapted with permission from NVidia.

so does this mean this spark particles is possible for amd pc users in he future? Cause they make this game look soooo much prettier

AMD likely wouldn't pay to license it for their video cards.  However, Sony is probably paying to license it for the PS4.

It could probably be implemented without PhysX, but I don't think Warframe has the time or the right people to implement it.

Though, if Warframe did, they probably wouldn't implement something as generic as Nvidia's PhysX effects.

AMD likely wouldn't pay to license it for their video cards.  However, Sony is probably paying to license it for the PS4.

It could probably be implemented without PhysX, but I don't think Warframe has the time or the right people to implement it.

Though, if Warframe did, they probably wouldn't implement something as generic as Nvidia's PhysX effects.

Cross your fingers maybe they decided to make the right move and go with bullet or havok, prefer bullet because intel dropped the OpenCL accelerated havok so bullet has GPU acceleration :> Bullet also currently handles fine particles better because of it (if implemented right)