Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma P Build

MrEvilMexican

Question

6 answers to this question

Depends what your previous build was: split chamber, serration, stormbringer, infected clip, vital sense, point strike, bladed rounds and argon scope looks a solid build in my book. Personally I still like shred for the punch through so I run just one of the acolyte mods.

If you want Shred run Bladed rounds.

If you go for headshots with Soma P run Argon scope and you'll be red criting most things. Pretty easy too since the Soma has very low recoil.

Some people suggest Heavy cal but I ditched that when Bladed rounds came around, It's good with both (A rank 7 heavy cal did little to the spread). but definately go for the Bladed + Argon combination if you have them.

I've found that Heavy Caliber provides more consistent dps than having argon scope on. Your damage would suffer greatly whenever argon scope is not active, so unless you get consistent head shots its not worth it imo. Bladed rounds adds more dps than argon scope and its "on kill" requirement is easier than a head shot requirement. I personally don't use the acolyte mods very often, sacrificing shred and heavy caliber for mods that have requirements to become active doesn't fit my play style. Both acolyte mods would be great on a sniper (such as vectis) or a bow where heavy caliber isn't an option because accuracy loss is too great. Test them out and decide for yourself though. 

Edited by RideaTear

@RideaTear I would never see why someone wouldn't run it with Argon Scope. I find Soma to be unfairly good at landing headshots because of its accuracy, flight speed, and RoF. Though if it works for you without it then good on you. I personally am usually more worried about being able to proc bladded rounds on high level enemies than I am Argon Scope.

@MrEvilMexican All of the mods you mentioned are in my current Soma build and I have no trouble bringing it on raids, sorties,and long defence/survival missions. You should use them.

4 hours ago, Tyranem said:

@RideaTear I would never see why someone wouldn't run it with Argon Scope. I find Soma to be unfairly good at landing headshots because of its accuracy, flight speed, and RoF. Though if it works for you without it then good on you. I personally am usually more worried about being able to proc bladded rounds on high level enemies than I am Argon Scope.

@MrEvilMexican All of the mods you mentioned are in my current Soma build and I have no trouble bringing it on raids, sorties,and long defence/survival missions. You should use them.

ok ._.

PS: Would the impact mod be better on a Vulkar W or would a hellfire be better? im just finalising my Vulkar W crit build...

Just now, MrEvilMexican said:

ok ._.

PS: Would the impact mod be better on a Vulkar W or would a hellfire be better? im just finalising my Vulkar W crit build...

If you've already got two elemental on it, i'd go with the impact mod. However, only do this if you have Crash Course and if you're using it against corpus. Otherwise going elemental would just be better.