Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

E-mail change/Account Deletion/Security Questions Help

moonunitv

Question

Howdy.

I have two accounts (or maybe three?!) I made them ages ago (2 years I think), when I had no idea what I was doing. I made one, choose Loki and played for a while, blindly. Then I went and sought help from the internet. I concluded that choosing Loki was a bad idea (facepalm) and decided to create a second account, choosing a different starter. About a year later, I came back to warframe, and realized the stupid mistake I had made, and continued playing on my original account. 

Now, to the question. I will be changing internet service providers sometime soon, and my e-mail for my main account will be gone. Therefore I want to change it. The problem is I want to change it to the e-mail of my second account. Finding no way of simply swapping e-mails, I decided to try delete my second account, then change my e-mail for my main account.

Question 1: Will this even work? 

In the email I have received for my support ticket, it says deleting the account will not guarantee my e-mail being usable for warframe. Should I risk it? Why would it not guarentee this?

Question 2: How do I find out when my account was created (for the security questions)?

I have a general idea, but how specific do I need to be?

Question 3 :How do I find out if I have contributed to my dojo (which isn't even used anymore!)(also for security questions)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers to this question

I did a very similar thing. I accidentaly made a second account a long time ago and then wanted to use the email from that account on my main account. Sent a ticket on the accidental account to have it deleted, and it was deleted. Then i changed it on my main account by sending another ticket. They asked the security questions and for those i had no idea how to answer (how long have you been playing and dojo contribution) i said i only had a general idea, so they asked different questions and boom, got the correct email on my main account. The mod who handled my request was very patient though. I'd say risk it.

1 minute ago, Catacomb said:

I did a very similar thing. I accidentaly made a second account a long time ago and then wanted to use the email from that account on my main account. Sent a ticket on the accidental account to have it deleted, and it was deleted. Then i changed it on my main account by sending another ticket. They asked the security questions and for those i had no idea how to answer (how long have you been playing and dojo contribution) i said i only had a general idea, so they asked different questions and boom, got the correct email on my main account. The mod who handled my request was very patient though. I'd say risk it.

Thank you for the quick response. I'll go with what I can then and see how it goes.

I still would like to know why the e-mail mentioned the deleted accounts e-mail not being guaranteed to be re-used.

Anyway, thanks again!