Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Handspring Needs Be A Passive Ability, Not A Mod.

__Kanade__

It's stupid that we need a mod that allows us to get back up quicker after being knocked down. This needs to be made as a passive ability. It's like saying that wallrunning should be a mod instead of a passive ability but no, it's in fact a passive ability as wallrunning is more situational, same with handspring, another situational ability where its only use comes from enemies with knockdown moves, yet handspring is a mod, but wallrunning is a passive ability, two moves that are pretty much standard and comes with being a ninja.

It's stupid that we need a mod that allows us to get back up quicker after being knocked down. This needs to be made as a passive ability. It's like saying that wallrunning should be a mod instead of a passive ability but no, it's in fact a passive ability as wallrunning is more situational, same with handspring, another situational ability where its only use comes from enemies with knockdown moves, yet handspring is a mod, but wallrunning is a passive ability, two moves that are pretty much standard and comes with being a ninja.

Except wallrunning is a tactical ability, not a recovery one.

I do agree that there should be some ability to roll out of a knock down (instead of laying there and admiring the architecture for a moment).

And while I HATE the "ninja" argument, you'd think trained warriors who fight along side a guy named Rhino, who three fourths of his moves are knock-down, would learn a little combat roll from prone maneuver in Parkour 101.

I agree. Knockdown is a very important combat mechanic and we can't just eliminate it by making handspring automatic, but a small window of opportunity should be allowed for us to, say press the dodge button, in order to get up faster. Its been done in other games, and certainly makes sense for this one. I'd even be okay with it only being available to certain frames, like the lighter frames, or frames that appear, or are supposed to be more agile. The current mod could be adapted to increase that window of opportunity or decrease downtime if triggered correctly. 

The ninja argument is certainly valid since the game and many of its mechanics are based off of that fact, but the player should be required to demonstrate some ninja skills of his/her own to master this technique (just as wall running and flips require player practice and precision).

There was a previous thread on this one which got something like 140 upvotes, despite its life having been mostly spent during the time where people could be downvoted and were often massively downvoted.

You're not alone here. Let's hope a patch comes soon.

Hmm what do i need at the moment...

30% more efficiency?

150% more energy?

30% more damage?

NAH i need to be able to do a 'nip up' off the ground!  thats whats important!

I would suggest the mod be renamed 'Agilty'

and gives lets say 5%-30% more distance covered with a dive roll as well as the handspring 'ability'

would make it a little more useful