Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having troubles with Sancti Tigris build for Nova

(XBOX)XxxXnoodleXxxX

Question

So I've heard time and time again that Sancti Tigris is the ultimate Antimatter Drop charger. I've been working on New Loka for months, finally got it, put a catalyst on it, and the damage numbers from AMD are sub-par at best. My current loadout is Seeking Fury, Hell's Chamber, Blaze, Shredder, Point Blank, Vicious Spread, Tainted Shell, and Charged Shell. With the standard two round clip, two shots into AMD makes it pop an enemy for ~125,000 damage. Four shots puts me around 180,000 damage. 

Yeah that SOUNDS like a lot, but in comparison, it really isn't. That isn't even close to fully charging it. A full clip from my Boltor Prime fully charges it (when it glows and speeds off) and can easily pop for 700,000 damage. I've seen it go much higher.

So what am I doing wrong? People were saying it's super easy to fully charge AMD with Sancti Tigris, and I haven't gotten even close once...

WAT DO.

21 hours ago, RideaTear said:

Again, try replacing shredder with another 90% elemental, it will bring your numbers from 36,879 to 43,566 damage per shot. You gain 13,374 damage for both shots just by changing one mod.

Edit: Hell's Chamber, Point Blank, Blaze, Seeking Fury, Vicious Spread, 3 elementals will charge AMD with 2 shots. No primed or event mods needed.

You're right! Forma'd it one more time, got another 90% elemental on there, bam, fully charges in one 2 shot burst. Thanks everyone for your help! ^_^

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Okay. You want as much dmg as you can within those two shots. This is the build I use & ill explain why

Point Blank. Hells Chamber. Seeking Fury. Blaze. Sweeping Serration. Vicious Spread. 2 90% elementals

Okay. Your usual dmg mods are a must. duhh. But there are a few mods you listed that you dont need in your build.

Shredder

Tainted Shell

Okay you can take out Shredder. If you dont have Sweeping Serration. Replacing with a 90% elemental will yield more dmg outcome than Shredder. Sweeping Serration will have just a tiny bit more dmg than a 90% elemental but for now. 90% elemental is fine.

Tainted Shell you dont need aswell. Again replace it with another 90% elemental will yield even more dmg for your Tigris. Besides spread on a Sancti Tigris is a crowd killer. Also fills up Nova Antimatter drop in just 2 shots. Spread isnt a problem for this shotgun. Trust me. You might need to forma it once or twice but its definitely worth it. 

So at the end of you day. You build should include: Point Blank, Hells Chamber, Seeking Fury, Blaze, Vicious Spread, Incendiary Coat, Charged Shell, Contagious Spread. (You might have to move your mods around so your elements can be Corrosive & Fire.) Havent let me down yet. (Yes with this build. It will fill up Nova's drop in just 2 shots. If you shoot it as soon it crosses your crosshair)

But again, why would you have the elemental when elemental status and damage bonus doesn't add to AMD's damage? Same as Sweeping Serration doesn't actually add to its damage either. The only thing absorbed by it is pure damage. Status/elemental/crits don't get absorbed by it.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)XxxXnoodleXxxX said:

Which means Slash doesn't add to the damage either. Nor would another elemental damage type help the damage on AMD.

can you explain why? you cannot because you have no idea what you're talking about.
Damage Mods add Damage. Status Effects only occur based off of a Chance for each Projectile to create a Status Effect.
Damage Mods still add Damage, regardless of whether you get a Status Effect or not.

this would be your recommended(for the singular purpose you're talking about - Punch-Through would be recommended normally), 3 Elementals(what type really doesn't matter but will likely be whatever the Enemies you're fighting are weak to), a fancy Slash Mod (though only really useful for on Antimatter Drop or if you're fighting unArmored Enemies).
zNwEVeN.png
makes for ~120,000 per double shot, which exceeds Antimatter Drop's maximum Damage of 400,000 by ~80,000. meaning one double shot will fully 'charge' it.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)XxxXnoodleXxxX said:

The only thing absorbed by it is pure damage. Status/elemental/crits don't get absorbed by it.

lucky for you, any Mod that you put on that adds Damage.... adds Damage?

- - - - - 

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Number are not 100% correct

they are actually completely correct.

Edited by taiiat