Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else been suspended? (BANNED)

ArcticMantis

Question

So a clan mate of mine got banned recently for no apparent reason (according to him). see his login pop-up img below

Spoiler

Glenn_Ban.png

When he contacted support they replied that he had used 3rd party software in violation of the EULA. Which he says he hasn't. He's saying all he had running next to it was Overwolf.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not here to get him unbanned or whatever. Not the right place and also I honestly don't know how honest he is.

I'm just interested in other peoples experiences with (possibly unjust) bans/suspensions on their Warframe account.

1 answer to this question

If you or anyone else have been banned, contacting support is what you need to do.

If your friend is telling the truth and only had overwolf running alongside Warframe, they should ask support to investigate the possibility that the automatic banning script is getting a bit too overzealous when it comes to overlay programs. It's entirely in the realm of possibility that the cheat detection viewed overwolf's screen-overlay as malicious in nature, especially since Overwolf's overlay piggybacks on DirectX rendering--which is something that some cheat software (such as wallhacks) tend to do as well.

Locking, as bans are an issue between the banned player(s) and support staff.