The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Makos Art Thread

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

29 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

ok so redid gremlyns art 

ive also submitted to be a content provider for xb1 warframe , here is hoping it gets accepted o. o

CrMZmlOVMAAPOoI.jpg:large

I like both the idea and this artwork. She looks like Floras sister :)

On 2016-4-14 at 5:58 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

new pele V2 lots of good input from other tenno helped me fine tune the look

pele_deluxe_ember_skin_v2_by_drkmako-d9y

You should totally do this as a Tennogen skin. Ember needs love, and there is a streamlined simplicity to this that really speaks to me.

4 minutes ago, arch111 said:

You should totally do this as a Tennogen skin. Ember needs love, and there is a streamlined simplicity to this that really speaks to me.

pele when i first showed it off many said would be great in tennogen (how heck do i apply the fire mane in modeling..)

my designs are open to any who want to use them, feel free if you want to take a crack at any of them arch xD i

i think ive at least got a basic understanding of making the models... 

i have no clue what or how to progress past that point though X_x , how to mask or do the coloring, texture de says is required > . < i dont understand or know how to do any of that ....

One step at a time.

If you use three softwares that are compatable, 1 for the lowpoly mesh, one for the details and one for the textures, there are really good stepbystep guides.

If you are impatient like me, you jump in not knowing what the hell is going on and eventually you figure things out.

I say start by doing as a detailed bust in Sculptris as you want and can. Then color it and mask by using mat and glossy materials inside Sculptris.

This gives a really good conceptual idea.

All this CAN be done in Blender, but I am not a friend of that.

Learning all this will take time, and not all areas are as fun. Retopology and uvs can be murder.

I might look into Ember. Those flames would be a DE shader that they add on their end.

Soo. I took a look at Chroma. There are 5 parts to him.

1. Pelt

2. Head of pelt

3. Wings

4. Body

5. Head of body

The body head can be replaced if DE allows it, not sure where they stand. A modelswap would work I guess.

But now we are talking pelt helmet. The knighthelmet have some clear seams to connect with the pelthelmet, and the "wings".

Beyond that whatever changes the new helmet have, it must meld well with the pelt.

Your Ryu covers the neck in a samurai design, and the dragons head remain fairly traditional. I guess the question is how visible or hidden the bodyhead should be - that is up to you/us.

Lets say we redid the knight into an eastern samurai-tenno. And lets say the pelt, head AND wings were redesigned into more of an eastern dragon. 

That would be a HELL of a task. If it can be done I'm sure it would look fantastic.

The wings and the way DE adds shaders for energy is something that must be worked out.

Now that i am becoming familiar with how Chroma is built,  I can do a sculpting test.

54 minutes ago, arch111 said:

-snip-

O. o nice and crud thats a lot more then a standard -. -; utilizing it in pieces seems nice but still...more respect to de for making it, seems complicated ....

i think it can be adaptable , but either way i look forward to your test results :D 

46 minutes ago, Swollex said:

mirror tool op

lol ya thats when i started xD using my tablet for the first time, this took only a few minute so i could show the basic idea i was trying to make

16 minutes ago, Swollex said:

As we tell people in the game dev world

http://massiveblack.com/

This is the bar for artists.

o. o ; is it like deviant art? 

either way ill take a look ...

8 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

O. o nice and crud thats a lot more then a standard -. -; utilizing it in pieces seems nice but still...more respect to de for making it, seems complicated ....

i think it can be adaptable , but either way i look forward to your test results :D 

lol ya thats when i started xD using my tablet for the first time, this took only a few minute so i could show the basic idea i was trying to make

o. o ; is it like deviant art? 

either way ill take a look ...

More like the deviant art for the industry professionals. We have a few tricks to learn before going there I think. 

As a source of inspiration it is awesome,  but then so is DA.