The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I allowed to use Overwolf, without being banned or suspended from Warframe?

Monsterwithin

Question

What is Overwolf?

My message from support.

"I have recently seen a Topic on the forums about a person's friend that has been banned/suspended, yet his friend claimed he only had "Overwolf" in the background.

Now I'm not going to get inside their business, but it did make me cautious whether I should even run it while Warframe was on.

I'm going to use Overwolf for recording, and for a FPS Meter purposes, I might later in the future decide to use it for live streaming, If I continue to use Overwolf.

So my question is. Am I allowed to use Overwolf without being banned or suspended?

Thanks!"

But DE didn't really answer my question... seems like a bot message.

So Ill ask you guys instead, have you tried Overwolf with Warframe, and had no trouble using it? Or know any information that I can use it and not be banned/suspended?
Because if you reply with a "maybe" or "I don't know", then I'm better off not to take the risk. Which is also fine.

Thanks for your time.

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I don't see how a recording/streaming program can get you banned...

Warframe seems to have an auto-ban system in for using cheating programs and stuff, but I don't know the extent of it. All I've seen happen is my game close when I forget to close Cheat Engine and say "don't have that open pls"

Just now, Genitive said:

I wouldn't use it until I received an answer from the support. You will just have to wait, it takes some time to process and answer all the requests.

They did respond.

"But DE didn't really answer my question... seems like a bot message."

3 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I don't see how a recording/streaming program can get you banned...

"I have recently seen a Topic on the forums about a person's friend that has been banned/suspended, yet his friend claimed he only had "Overwolf" in the background."

I have to be careful, because even though it's a recording program, DE could detect it as some sort of cheat/hack.
Really don't want to wait 1-2 weeks to get my account back from a mistake.

i don't have Overwolf, but if it really only records and has a fps meter i'd think i would be fine. who knows maybe the anti-cheat system warframe has thinks it is a hack program?

but don't take my word for it I don't know much about this stuff :(