Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki's Radial Disarm Problem!

yarash2110

I like radial disarm and use it quite a lot, but i think it should cost less, like 75 energy, let me explain, volt has overload that kills everybody for 100 energy excalibur got radial javlin that kills everyone for 100 energy, the point is almost every frame got an ult that kills tons of enemies and its not fair that it will cost the same, killing everyone and taking away their melee isn't the same and i think that all of the loki players will agree, pls tell me if you think i'm right in the comments and if not explain, thx :)

You are right. It's not the same. Doing 1000 damage to a lvl 100 heavy corrupted is quite honestly a waste of energy. I'd much rather some one use radial disarm on it so we can all use melee on it and save ammo, and energy.

Edit: I hope you are understanding that what I'm saying is that not all pure damage ults are always better.

Edited by Xoxile

Yeah, it needs a buff somehow. My Loki has the first 3 abilities installed, but not Disarm. I can kill more enemies more effectively with 1 use of invisibility than by making all enemies around me attack me in melee.

Regarding lv9000 enemies: I don't think the game should be balanced towards that kind of content.

Edited by The_Doc

LoL no.

Excals Javelin kills up to 12, if they have 1000 life, over that it wont kill and keep them armed.

Volt after using his Ulti once, on a defense mission, will have it get weaker as it uses the enviroment to pull out electricity.

Each frame is unique in its own way, and loki is unique as a troller, a master at that tbh.

And his ulti works from level 0 to level 1000 mobs, while others get squishier as mobs increase there level.

- Overload deals virtualy no damage to grineer over level 60 even corpus crewmen start to survive it at a certain point

- radial javalin hits a maximum of "only" 12 targets

- actually nearly every ultimate becomes less effective the higher the enemies level is except one: radial disarm. Radial disarm becomes even more usefull the higher the enemies are.

- Overload deals virtualy no damage to grineer over level 60 even corpus crewmen start to survive it at a certain point

- radial javalin hits a maximum of "only" 12 targets

- actually nearly every ultimate becomes less effective the higher the enemies level is except one: radial disarm. Radial disarm becomes even more usefull the higher the enemies are.

but it does not have the same effect, you have to agree that radial disarm isn't so effective,

@yarash2110

I would say that Radial Disarm is *much* more effective than most other ults.

The reason?

You leave a bunch of level 50 grineer without guns and they become helpless. Same with Corpus.

And in the void, fighting level 115 heavy gunners is challenging, especially when there are groups of them.

Loki can make all of those heavy gunners pretty helpless as well as all the other mobs in the area.

His ult is the only one that is effective regardless of what level you or your opponents are.

but it does not have the same effect, you have to agree that radial disarm isn't so effective,

If you dont know how to use it, then dont say it isnt effective.

If you give all frames a damage dealing Ulti you wont have different styles to game with.

Just yesterday I played 4 different frames cause I wanted to play in different styles, if you start adding the same style to every frame you kill diversity and the fun.

If you dont know how to use it, then dont say it isnt effective.

If you give all frames a damage dealing Ulti you wont have different styles to game with.

Just yesterday I played 4 different frames cause I wanted to play in different styles, if you start adding the same style to every frame you kill diversity and the fun.

i know how to use it but it is not as effective as the other ults! It is great but its not killing anyone, im not saying it should be removed or something im just saying it should cost 75 energy, that makes sense!

i know how to use it but it is not as effective as the other ults! It is great but its not killing anyone, im not saying it should be removed or something im just saying it should cost 75 energy, that makes sense!

Alright how 'bout this.

No.

It's energy cost is fine.

Sorry Yarash, but in this instance, no matter how hard you argue, the fact remains that utility trumps damage at high end content. Loki might be less effective at stomping low level trash, but stomping low level trash isn't exactly hard. When the high level enemies come out to play, Loki's radial disarm is significantly better than many other frame's ultimate abilities. As such, you should be glad that it only costs 100 energy, and that the energy cost doesn't get increased. Couple that with the fact that Loki has an enormous energy pool compared to other frames anyway, and you can see why radial disarm is just fine for Loki, at high levels, he can cast it 4 times in a row without any trouble. 

Sorry Yarash, but in this instance, no matter how hard you argue, the fact remains that utility trumps damage at high end content. Loki might be less effective at stomping low level trash, but stomping low level trash isn't exactly hard. When the high level enemies come out to play, Loki's radial disarm is significantly better than many other frame's ultimate abilities. As such, you should be glad that it only costs 100 energy, and that the energy cost doesn't get increased. Couple that with the fact that Loki has an enormous energy pool compared to other frames anyway, and you can see why radial disarm is just fine for Loki, at high levels, he can cast it 4 times in a row without any trouble.

he can do it twice and then have 25 energy, and i got it, no one wants to listen anyway

I post some thing against loki and no one agrees i post something for loki and no one agrees it seems like you just wait on my profile and wait so i'l post a nother thing to tell me im wrong... I am not going to post anything unless its a bug from now on ...

@yarash2110

You build loki with max flow and streamline and at higher levels he can just toss out his ult like crazy.

And against level 50+ opponents 1K damage is barely noticeable. Even if you couple bullet attracter + radial javelin thats 13K damage to a target, which wont drop them at the higher levels.

Lokis ability makes them useless at range, and in the case of moas and osprey and such *REMOVES* their special abilities and even grounds the osprey, including the fusion osprey.

That is MUCH more useful and powerful than any other ult at the higher levels of gameplay.

@yarash2110You build loki with max flow and streamline and at higher levels he can just toss out his ult like crazy.And against level 50+ opponents 1K damage is barely noticeable. Even if you couple bullet attracter + radial javelin thats 13K damage to a target, which wont drop them at the higher levels.Lokis ability makes them useless at range, and in the case of moas and osprey and such *REMOVES* their special abilities and even grounds the osprey, including the fusion osprey.That is MUCH more useful and powerful than any other ult at the higher levels of gameplay.

any warframe with flow and streamline can spam his abilities

@yarash2110

How is removing the range from all of the grineer and making them use weaker melee attacks less useful than killing 13 out of a group of 30+?

How is removing the range and abilities of a bunch of corpus, including disabling all of the shockwave moas, less useful than killing a few of them, or at the higher levels not killing any?

How is turning a large number of fairly deadly opponents, such as tower III heavy gunners, into more or less helpless targets less useful than dealing damage that probably wont even get through half of their shields?

I've been using Loki since I picked up as my starting frame back when Volt was still an option, and since then, Radial Disarm has proven time and time again that making every enemy in the immediate vicinity useless is a much better option than killing some enemies.

In my opinion, Radial Disarm's usefulness is directly proportional to the level of the enemy -- the higher their level, the more useful the ability becomes. Because, in the end, when you get to level 60 and 70 enemies, you'll die in a few seconds flat when swarmed and caught reloading.

Radial Disarm doesn't just give you a breather, it allows you to fully catch your breath.

@yarash2110How is removing the range from all of the grineer and making them use weaker melee attacks less useful than killing 13 out of a group of 30+?How is removing the range and abilities of a bunch of corpus, including disabling all of the shockwave moas, less useful than killing a few of them, or at the higher levels not killing any?How is turning a large number of fairly deadly opponents, such as tower III heavy gunners, into more or less helpless targets less useful than dealing damage that probably wont even get through half of their shields?

i got a volt and guess what? His overload can kill tower 3 guys, so yeah... Keep telling me that radial disarm is much better, overload has larger radius, and bigger effect

@yarash2110

I run with both a loki and volt friend all the time.

Against tower III heavy gunners at level 80+ overload does barely anything...and makes him a target for the enemies to shoot down fairly quickly.

Radial disarm makes all of them completely harmless and allows us to take our time killing them without having to worry about being in danger.

At that point radial disarm is much more powerful, more useful, and a better choice than an overload.