Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About An Alert "net"

MoeCharles

So was thinking about the alerts earlier, and I got to thinking about frustration with missing important alerts and ways to make it seem less so.  That's when I thought of the alert "net", a system that catches and holds a certain alert for the player when it comes up.  I was thinking of ways to balance it so i wont be abused, and first I thought about having a limited number of these "nets", like say 2 per month or so.  At the beginning of each month the player chooses, from a list of possible alert drops, 2 rewards one wants and when they pop up the net will put them on hold for the player, removing any worry of missing those extra special alerts they have been hunting for.  Once the net catches the alert it goes away so you wont have a bunch built up if multiples appear in that month.  My second thought was making the missions put on hold SOLO ONLY and if you fail you can't go back, just so clans can't abuse this by coordinating with each other and inviting each other into them.  This is because I'm sure the alerts initial purpose was to keep players playing, and if clans could just hold all the alerts until they could have everyone in the clan get it, and big clans just wouldn't have to worry at all about any time constraints.

This idea was mainly just to remove at least some of the perceived futility involved with hunting specific alerts.  If it would be implemented it would still need a alot of work done on it, I'm sure.

I think this will have an adverse affect on the game and the ability to find Online groups as a lot of people will simply use the "net" and just log on the game after 8pm EST for the daily login rewards and check if either of the Alerts they flagged popped up in the last 24 hours. There would be no incentive for people to keep on eye on the twitter feed or even think about the game.

The problem with the current Alert system, is that we have lives -- we need sleep, we need to work....

I checked Twitter and apparently, the last Energy Siphon alert was two days ago, while I was at work.

Nice.

So what, I'm expected to quit my job and never sleep if I ever want to see Energy Siphon (it is the only artifact I'm missing)?

Or how about that Vauban part that popped yesterday while, yet again, I was at work?

This Alert System is basically telling us that we shouldn't have real lives whatsoever. I can understand the whole "immersion" of alerts mixing things up, but the problem is that a lot of these things that come from alerts, are the ONLY way to get it. Sure, you can buy Vauban with Platinum, but last I checked, you can't buy Energy Siphon for Plat. If I could, I would. In an instant.

But noooo, it keeps popping while I'm at work or sleeping.

So what, I'm expected to quit my job and never sleep if I ever want to see Energy Siphon (it is the only artifact I'm missing)?

Nope, you just wait until it becomes available when you are. It isn't like they only pop up once, or that they always appear at the same time every time. Be patient. It isn't like you even need anything offered in the alerts to play the game. It is just a nice little bonus.

Edited by RyojinOrion

Nope, you just wait until it becomes available when you are. It isn't like they only pop up once, or that they always appear at the same time every time. Be patient. It isn't like you even need anything offered in the alerts to play the game. It is just a nice little bonus.

Dunno about you, but there've been times that when my friend and I attempted a harder mission, Energy Siphon saved our butts bigtime.

Energy Siphon is... not what I'd call "little".

Dunno about you, but there've been times that when my friend and I attempted a harder mission, Energy Siphon saved our butts bigtime.

Energy Siphon is... not what I'd call "little".

I've never needed Energy Syphon, no matter what the difficulty levels have been. Energy drops like crazy, especially on those tougher missions where there are more enemies.