Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert System Is Absurd

Raidyr

The irony being, of course, that you didn't defend your position while simultaneously missing my proposed solution as well as someone else's.

My position is that this argument existing is a good thing. I did miss your proposal and cannot find it, which one was it? There are a lot of posts that say very little because they only counter something that is tangential to the issue.

EDIT: To back up my argument, there are enough people that have this problem that it is one that needs to be solved, hopefully sooner than later. Nothing will happen if no one says or discusses it, so the discussion itself helps get to the solution that is needed.

Edited by liavalenth

The irony being, of course, that you didn't defend your position while simultaneously missing my proposed solution as well as someone else's.

"why are the prices like this? i dont fckin know"

Quality feedback, I can now see why mine didn't meet your standards

I like the idea that killing a boss 4 or 40 times is somehow less difficult than waiting at your computer 24/7 for a single mission to pop up with a Vauban BP and it turns out to be an assassinate mission on Mars.

so ppl with high IQ dosent swear, thats new to me

so can you brillant and out of human-reach mind tell me why the prices are like this?

but well i can, its the amount ppl are willing to pay for it

if its not in the reach of what you are willing to pay its to expensive,

but for someone it is in their reach, see it as rather averange

you dont have to be on you desk 24/7 just in the 50 mins when the alert goes on

and i rly prefer this way than stick at my screen 3-4h farming the same boss 40times to get the bp im looking for

Edited by Depar

-snip-

you dont have to be on you desk 24/7 just in the 50 mins when the alert goes on

lets round to an hour, and have one alert an hour. If you're on for just one hour, you get one, maybe 2 alerts. Best case, 1/12 or 8.3333...% chance, and at worst 1 / 24 or 4.1666...% chance for you to be on the computer when the alert you want pops up (if it always pops up once a day)

Now, if we took the best case scenario (8.33%, and probably getting the math wrong here...) I'd expect roughly 83.33% of people to have it in 10 days, if they only played 1 hour at a time (again, probably wrong here) compared to the 3-4hrs need to farm the boss enough, or roughly 3 to 4 days using your estimate)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality

it fit

you sayed by yourself its just an estimate from me farming frostprime in the void i probably played more 7h split over the u8 weekend no get it

if i think i only need to turn my warframe on and do the vauban alert which i can mostly speedrun, it only cost me 4-10 mins

to get one of the bp so 12~30 mins to "farm" vauban

well being at home when the alerts pop up is the other thing :3

Edited by Depar

you sayed by yourself its just an estimate from me farming frostprime in the void i probably played more 7h split over the u8 weekend no get it

if i think i only need to turn my warframe on and do the vauban alert which i can mostly speedrun, it only cost me 4-10 mins

to get one of the bp so 12~30 mins to "farm" vauban

Ah, but you're not counting the days you had to wait for him to pop up. You're only counting actual play time.

Ah, but you're not counting the days you had to wait for him to pop up. You're only counting actual play time.

but that is also not "farm"-time, or time im in the game staring at my screen and wainting until my vauban alert pops up :3

While you wait, go play with another frame, or do something else, that will make time pass :B

or do something like eat,work,read a book take a $hit( so the op has something to complain about my swearing)

Edited by Depar

but that is also not "farm"-time, or time im in the game staring at my screen and wainting until my vauban alert pops up :3

The problem is, you can get other frames faster if you play more and in fewer days, compared to vauban who you get less by playing, and more with waiting. In the time it takes to get vauban if you missed the first helmet, I'd expect people to be able to get 2-3 more frames minimum if you play for about an hour a day (I mean helmet popped up, what 1-2 weeks ago?)

yeah 1-2 weeks,  i see your problem their with vauban and i understand it,

and you`re right you can farm 2-3 frames and the mats for it before getting you hands on vauban

but i still dont want him to be giving away like all the other frames,

let him be one of the more rarer frame,

Edited by Depar

yeah 1-2 weeks, yeah i see your problem their with vauban and i understand it,

and you`re right you can farm 2-3 frames and the mats for it before getting you hands on vauban

but i still dont want him to be giving away like all the other frames,

let him be one of the more rarer frame,

That's the problem, it's kind of a paywall, unless you pay for vauban GOOD BLOODY LUCK getting him unless you have a ton of free time...

That's the problem, it's kind of a paywall, unless you pay for vauban GOOD BLOODY LUCK getting him unless you have a ton of free time...

make some sacrifices to the goddess of rng, and please her

you cant do more

Edited by Depar

Free time doesn't help. If he was behind some .01% drop grind forever wall it would be better than the current state. It's just a matter of looking at the twitter at the appropriate time (good luck with that), and being able to play.

People don't want Vauban for free, or "on a silver platter" or what have you. They want to be able to obtain him in some manner that isn't the equivalent of buying a slightly older game, or newer "indie" title. Banshee is fine. Why? Because if you want to obtain her, you can set out into the game, play the game, and obtain her. Vauban is not because if you want him, you alt tab to their twitter, see you can't, and then do nothing. All Alert/Login Reward Only in game items are a problem. Because to obtain them, players need to just wait. I can't stress enough that if you have a something that affects game-play that does not involve playing the actual game to obtain that something, then you have a problem.

Could people just pay for Vauban? Yes, and I'm sure many have. But those that would rather not spend that much for 4 abilities are left to ask "so do I choose someone else, or just move on to another game?"

Free time doesn't help. If he was behind some .01% drop grind forever wall it would be better than the current state. It's just a matter of looking at the twitter at the appropriate time (good luck with that), and being able to play.

-snip-

I'm sorry, meant free time as in, free time to watch for him and hope he comes up.

I'm sorry, meant free time as in, free time to watch for him and hope he comes up.

It's cool, just wanted to clear up a general misunderstanding that seems to be in this thread, as a whole. Your post was just quoted because of the free time thing, which I get now why you said. What bothers me more is that I see a lot of "you just want Vauban to be easier to get!" when in reality, I just want him to be obtainable in a way that isn't "ignore all of reality, for if you don't you might miss him!".

Well there's indeed a problem with vauban/catalyst and the alert system obviously. I don't know why some people can't see it, but it exists.

I think it can be solved without removing the alert-only rewards by :

- putting automatically a good timer on theses alerts (like 10 hours) so nobody miss them if they play daily).

- monitoring the content offered (by creating manually some alerts for catalysts for example, if it doesn't appear in a week).

- removing some of the "useless" alerts (aka 2000 alerts without any item)

It's cool, just wanted to clear up a general misunderstanding that seems to be in this thread, as a whole. Your post was just quoted because of the free time thing, which I get now why you said. What bothers me more is that I see a lot of "you just want Vauban to be easier to get!" when in reality, I just want him to be obtainable in a way that isn't "ignore all of reality, for if you don't you might miss him!".

exactly!

Well there's indeed a problem with vauban/catalyst and the alert system obviously. I don't know why some people can't see it, but it exists.

- putting automatically a good timer on theses alerts (like 10 hours) so nobody miss them if they play daily).

- monitoring the content offered (by creating manually some alerts for catalysts for example, if it doesn't appear in a week).

Well, 2k alerts can sometimes be a moneysaver in a pinch.... (besides actually paying of course)

Other than that, I do agree that putting long hours for Vauban is better, I mean, they put it for catalyst, why not this?

Edited by ReV0LT

Problem is that if you want to get something that you really need through the Alert Missions, you aren't actually playing the game. You simply do NOTHING. You just sit in tweeter and you wait till it pops up. One might even stop playing the game for a good 3-4 weeks just because you can't do nothing about it, you just WAIT. That is a problem. How is that playing a game or trying hard to obtain it because it's rare?

Edited by Khaell

- I'm rather against extending the timers as an exclusive fix because the same problem occurs, just for a smaller population of the game. What I mean by that is the larger window you have, the more people that can run the alert, but there will always be a group that will simply miss and will have to wait several more weeks. If you work 9-to-5 five days a week and get eight hours of sleep that means you will miss any alert between the hours of midnight and 6 in the afternoon if it takes you an hour to and from work. That's 18 hours, well outside the proposed 10 hour window. Obviously missing these alerts isn't a terrible thing when it's an artifact that gives you a small bonus or some credits, but missing out on a warframe or a weapon that can only be acquired this way is the real problem.

- This could work but only if alerts in their current state ran for 24 hours or more and it was announced ahead of time, otherwise the problem still exists. As a stopgap measure I certainly wouldn't mind it though.

- The problem here is that what is useless is largely opinion based. Personally I think all weapon scavenger and credit alerts are pointless; the former because they directly detract from the game and the latter because money is absurdly easy to come by just by simply playing the game, more so now that tier 2 void keys are easily farmable.

All three of these would be decent stopgaps ahead of an actual fix so I can't say I would oppose any of them but I think the best suggestion I've seen so far is the token system. It still rewards people who attend every alert without screwing over people who weren't at their computer at 5 in the morning for the one alert they actually care about.

Well, RNG is hard to handle. But in a game like that (sort of Diablo-like TPS), it could be let as it is with a few tweaks.

Tokens system is somewhat "boring", even if you can effectively target the items you want. Too predictable.

It also add complexity to an interface which is not really that great at the moment (where blueprints are mixed with real money items, and with credits items).

You already, as a new player, search a lot the things you want.

The problem with alerts is that they should all give actual rewards, instead of "only money" rewards.

For example, giving an orokin cell, a morphic, or others "rare" materials. As a pretty new player (3 weeks), I have a hard time farming them given I tend to drop Dojo's fieldron and stuff like that.

I'm okay with scavengers alert, but I could handle better credits rewards overall. I don't really understand that void 1 missions (which are REALLY easy) gives far more than a Pluto's alert.

For the rarest alerts, like Vauban, Reactors, etc. We could maybe be able to handle them better by repeating them 2 days later at another hour or something like that, if 10 hours is not enough. Or just increase their chance to appear.

Well, 2k alerts can sometimes be a moneysaver in a pinch.... (besides actually paying of course)

Other than that, I do agree that putting long hours for Vauban is better, I mean, they put it for catalyst, why not this?

Those are livestream specials. If you were even paying attention to what's going on in the forums, you would have known this. Plus, livestream specials are geared towards getting everyone a chance to get something rare in an almost guaranteed manner (people who are still early in the game might not be able to get it but those who already unlocked majority of the areas would have a better chance).